CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question Please help - Reinstalling email after a data wipe

Hi Folks --

New to this forum but figured that you would have better answers for me than AT&T or Yahoo did -- they basically told me that they had no idea what was going on. Tweeted Blackberry help and heard nothing back. I wiped my phone recently and went to reinstall my yahoo email and I keep getting this message:

Your device encountered a problem with this application’s server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again.

Has anyone gotten fixed this before? Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
    CrackBerry Addict

what do you mean by a data wipe, do you mean like a factory reset or a security wipe or that you have wiped the personal data
    Be careful when Speaking, you create the world around you with your words-Navajo
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zjieon View Post
    Hi Folks --

New to this forum but figured that you would have better answers for me than AT&T or Yahoo did -- they basically told me that they had no idea what was going on. Tweeted Blackberry help and heard nothing back. I wiped my phone recently and went to reinstall my yahoo email and I keep getting this message:

Your device encountered a problem with this application’s server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again.

Has anyone gotten fixed this before? Thoughts? Ideas?

Thanks!
    Like Daveycrocket's question, did you wipe with a tool like BBSAK? What OS are you using? A wipe is not a big deal if you backed up prior to wiping, which I sure hope you did! I don't use Yahoo for email, so I can't speak to how the program loads but I know that if it were me, and especially since it is a web mail server, I'd back up what you have-contacts, calendar, etc, 3rd party apps, and then I'd load up BBSAK and do a complete wipe of the phone again. Then, I'd do a search and delete any and every vendor.xml file on your PC. Once that is done, I'd download the newest OS you can find (probably Cincinnati Bell .746) and install it using AppLoader in your loader folder. Once that is done and up and running, I'd then try and reload the Yahoo mail download. By completely wiping the phone and reloading the new OS, you will have dumped any corrupted files on the phone that could be causing the issue. Again, I know nothing about Yahoo mail other than its a web mail program and therefore should load easily Unless there is a corrupted file. I hope someone on here has the exact answer for you. Be patient as there are people from all over the world on here looking to help everyone else, so someone will answer. Please post how it goes. Good luck!