Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Phone keeps resetting my wallpaper

OK, this first started when I wanted to get a pic off Facebook using the BlackBerry Facebook app. I selected the pic and chose the "set as home screen image" option, and then I saved the pic with a different name and set my wallpaper back to what it was.
    But ever since then whenever my phone is left idle for a long time, the wallpaper reverts back to the default one that the phone came set with. This has happened at least six times. I did a hard reset this morning, but still it happened again. I went to the official BlackBerry forum but the guys there didn't even bother replying.
    I was told by my best mate that here is the place to be for everything BlackBerry.
    Please, whatever help provided will be much appreciated.
    Cheers.
    CrackBerry Genius

It happened to me once when I was using some 7.0 os version (sorry, I Don't remember exact version). No matter what Wp I was putting on, sometime later it used to come back on default wp (I hate that wp )
    But couple of hard boots done the trick for me that time.

Which os version you are using currently ??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I'm using the os 7.1,nfsw
    CrackBerry Genius

Set that saved pic as your wp and do a hard boot.see what happens.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    yes I have one :)

FWIW, mine's doing the same. Only started doing it recently.

Thought it was the micro-sd card I was using, but, changed it back to the original card, and it's still changing it back.

Uk Blackberry 9810 running 7.1 bundle 1149.

Just for confirmation - hard boot on this thing is simply a battery pull, yes?

Dan
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555 View Post
    FWIW, mine's doing the same. Only started doing it recently.

Thought it was the micro-sd card I was using, but, changed it back to the original card, and it's still changing it back.

Uk Blackberry 9810 running 7.1 bundle 1149.

Just for confirmation - hard boot on this thing is simply a battery pull, yes?

Dan
    Yes, hard reboot equals battery pull; soft reboot is the three fingers salute - hold ALT, right SHIFT and DELETE keys.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Yeh, thought so (but always good to confirm! )

FWIW, I did a longer hard reset this time (normally pull the battery, and put it straight back in).
    Changed the wallpaper, and 2hrs later, it's still on the right one.....

Hopefully sorted it (fingers crossed)

Thanks,

Dan
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Well mine's still doing this.

Any suggestions?
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Done a bit more homework on this.....

It would appear that MY issues only occur if the wallpaper is stored on the memory card......

So.... if the phone's coming out of sleep, it's struggling to find the designated picture....

Therefore, it might be a failing memory card, or it just needs a reformat.

Sound plausible?

Dan
    CrackBerry User

PIN

I've had a breakthrough with this!

Turns out it was one of the "free" Blackberry Weather apps. Removed it and my wallpapers have been rock-solid ever since!

Hope this helps some others

DAn
    Thanked by:
    Anna Massarin (12-07-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts

ScoobyDoo555: that is odd that the weather app would cause the recycling of the wallpaper picture. I have never had that happen on any build that I've had on my phone but along the same line, I came across a really good application from AppWorld, called DragonFly Wallpaper (changer). It allows you to add different pictures to different time periods (like 6am to 6pm) and assign a picture to that time frame. You can change wallpaper pictures hourly if you want. It works flawlessly and the only trick is to get the times right as it works within a 24hr clock. I for instance, have one picture for the time frame of midnight (0.00 hrs) to 6am (06:00 hours); one from 0600 hrs to 0900 hrs; 0900 hrs to 1800 hours (6pm) and 1800 to midnight. It automatically changes at each time period. It uses almost no battery power as it only is on when changing pics and no memory to speak of. really great app and its free. The link is: Search Results for "dragonFly wallpaper changer" - BlackBerry App World if you want it. Glad you got the other issues fixed. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ooo i have been having this problem and i downloaded a couple of weather apps today, can you tell me which one it is that caused it to happen with yours please??? thanks x
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts

Anna: Jumping in! I've read many times that BeWeather causes varies problems. The Weather Channel (weather.com) is fine and should cause zero issues--especially with saving/changing wallpaper.
    OP: you could try moving your wallpaper jpg or pic to your device under Device>Home>User>Pictures and then go to options on the home screen and reset the wallpaper using that location. Blackberry hides pictures or rather allows you to save pictures in many places. In the Device memory, you can save it under pictures or camera (above), and on the media card you can save it under Media card>Blackberry>Pictures or Blackberry>camera--or-- you can save it under Media Card>Photos. So you have a lot of choices and one of them has to work for you. Good luck and honestly try the Dragonfly app. It is one of the best on AppWorld.
    CrackBerry User

PIN

Can't remember which one it was now, sorry. Just happy to get the phone back to "itselft"