CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Opera Mini

Does Opera Mini run on the 9810?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

It does indeed, I grabbed it from m.opera.com from my Torch browser.
    Thanked by:
    Nickerz (09-23-2011) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Great browser, much faster then the native one.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

On the Opera support page it wasn't listed for the 9810. Did it identify the 9810 on the OTA download or did you guys install the 9800 version?
    CrackBerry Genius

Opera is faster then the native browser?

Not on my torch. Opera is slow and cumbersome now compared to the webkit browser we all have on OS7.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,663 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post

Not on my torch. Opera is slow and cumbersome now compared to the webkit browser we all have on OS7.
    But the native browser uses more data. That's what it does on my 9780.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post

This also depends on whether Mini or Mobile is used. Mini is optimized for Blackberry. Mobile is optimized for Droid/iOS.

Though I am curious to try some speed tests on OS7 between an OS7 Opera Mini browser and the native webkit browser...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,933 Global Posts

IMHO, although I'm more than happy with the webkit browser, Opera Mini is certainly a decent alternative. My real problem with it is the lack of pinch and zoom and double tap to zoom.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Abuser

Opera Mini flows the text so it can actually be read (my biggest gripe with the native browser). This is the browser I use the most! Love it!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ralfyguy View Post
    On the Opera support page it wasn't listed for the 9810. Did it identify the 9810 on the OTA download or did you guys install the 9800 version?
    It identified the phone as a 9810 when I used the OTA download so it is definitely supported.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Opera mini is excellent on the 9810. I've had my phone for a month, opera installed since day one. Install and enjoy.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Default Can't Get OperaMini To Load HomePage Correctly

Weird, I went to m.opera.com using my BB browser, installed it and the homescreen looks like this....(see pic). I managed to do a screen capture with QuickLaunch and even the pic didn't come out clean. Everything else worked but I couldn't use the BB menu key. So I exited and opened opera mini again and still had the same problem. Then I deleted it, rebooted, reinstalled and the same problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Opera Mini-ql_1192385505.jpg  
    Devices (Present-Past): Torch 9810, Bold 9700, HTC Fuze (I HATED This Device!), Palm Treo 750, Motorola V620, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6162 (I think, b/c it had a flip-plate that covered the keyboard)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz_BB View Post
    Weird, I went to m.opera.com using my BB browser, installed it and the homescreen looks like this....(see pic). I managed to do a screen capture with QuickLaunch and even the pic didn't come out clean. Everything else worked but I couldn't use the BB menu key. So I exited and opened opera mini again and still had the same problem. Then I deleted it, rebooted, reinstalled and the same problem.
    Update your operating system. I had the same issue, with the pixelated speed tabs. I just erased them, and added my own, and that cleaned it up.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Nickerz_BB View Post
    I think the images in the grid for the webpages were capture on a 9800 (not enough pixels). Save your own webpages in the speed dial and all will be good.
    Thanked by:
    Nickerz (09-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    414 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by project_x View Post
    I think the images in the grid for the webpages were capture on a 9800 (not enough pixels). Save your own webpages in the speed dial and all will be good.
    Yep! That's what it was, thank you!

Also, when I press my BB Menu Key, nothing happens. I'm assuming this is normal since OM has their own version menu key by pressing the big red O in the lower right corner?

Now where's that "Thank You" button....ah, there it is!!!!
    Devices (Present-Past): Torch 9810, Bold 9700, HTC Fuze (I HATED This Device!), Palm Treo 750, Motorola V620, Sony Ericsson T68i, Nokia 6162 (I think, b/c it had a flip-plate that covered the keyboard)