Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314
Like Tree29Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

All apps are closed, i havent owned one before but i know quite alot about it so i dont leave apps running and all that. The only app that was running was battery watch. i'm running the new OS 7.1 (think it ends with .569 - from the stickied posts) I thought I would perhaps get better battery life. Application resource monitor warned that battery watch was draining resources etc so i deleted it but i need a battery app that shows on the homescreen the remaining percentage. Discharge rate looks to be about 10 percent an hr from device analyzer. I have changed facebook & twiiter to refresh about only 1h intervals too. But i still cant get it to last atleast a day. i dont mind charging every evening. Will check out the link. My version is 7.1 Bundle 1716 (v7.1.0.569, platform 5.1.0.415)

Global Posts
    10,443 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    All apps are closed, i havent owned one before but i know quite alot about it so i dont leave apps running and all that.
    Good luck.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry Newbie

At times my BB9810 just restart itself, dunno why pls Help. O.S7.1
  4. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by sikay2008 View Post
    At times my BB9810 just restart itself, dunno why pls Help. O.S7.1
    need more info but you may start by reinstalling the latest OS using app loader... The latest is 7.1.0.658, seems to be a great build.
  5. aha
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    All apps are closed, i havent owned one before but i know quite alot about it so i dont leave apps running and all that. The only app that was running was battery watch. i'm running the new OS 7.1 (think it ends with .569 - from the stickied posts) I thought I would perhaps get better battery life. Application resource monitor warned that battery watch was draining resources etc so i deleted it but i need a battery app that shows on the homescreen the remaining percentage. Discharge rate looks to be about 10 percent an hr from device analyzer. I have changed facebook & twiiter to refresh about only 1h intervals too. But i still cant get it to last atleast a day. i dont mind charging every evening. Will check out the link. My version is 7.1 Bundle 1716 (v7.1.0.569, platform 5.1.0.415)
    Both .649 and .658 seem to have great battery life for me, you might want to give it a try
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by aha View Post
    Both .649 and .658 seem to have great battery life for me, you might want to give it a try
    How long does your battery last, will try update to the .658 and see how it is, cant find the .649.

I posted in other threads, I got almost 49 hrs with 7.1.0.658 without charging.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.700 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

what?? 49 hrs... I can only dream of such good battery life. What sucks is I hardly use it. One question I have is which .658 do you have, the leaked one or the official one? although i think the leaked one is .649
    CrackBerry User

Ok so ive had mine for a few days now... seems ok thus far. Love the big screen/keyboard combination coupled with the speed increase over the 9780 I upgraded from. Not loving the cramped onscreen/ physical keyboards however... guess im a BOLD guy but even with my small hands it gets frustrating at times. Battery life seems great since I moved up from 7.0 tho. Speaking of which...

I noticed that i lost my option to switch between 2/3G and 4G which saved me major battery when I couldn't get near a power source for a while.

Ive also been hunting for an os with the mobile hotspot to no avail. Im on .378 which was reported to have it but... nope. No HS present in the options. Am i missing something? Is it my carrier (LIME Barbados).
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

I would bet it is your carrier. ATT does not allow a manual selecting of network options. The mobile hotspot should show up in your "manage connections" options. Whether it is free or not would depend on your carrier. Is this the official OS from your carrier or a leak?
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Default sigh...

im on xxxx.378.(mobilcity) i think it was.

Screw my carrier! If i had to wait on LIME for updates id die of old age b4 i got one!

I saw BB music but the hotspot never showed up to the party... free or otherwise. Its an ATnT branded blackberry btw, not sure if that matters. its not the 1st 7.1 ive installed but i settled on 378 since everyone says how good it is and the hotspot works as well.

what could caus the hotspot not to show in a version where its confirmed present?

corrupted install perhaps.
    Unlocked Rogers Z10 STL100-3 10.3.0.700 / Unlocked Bell Q10 SQN100-1 10.2.1.3247
  13. vba
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Default Re: The official I got my 9810 thread

Got mine one week ago. Switched from 9800.

9810 is what 9800 should be. Battery life is shorter but I can make through the whole day.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Default Re: sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Philf View Post
    im on xxxx.378.(mobilcity) i think it was.

Screw my carrier! If i had to wait on LIME for updates id die of old age b4 i got one!

I saw BB music but the hotspot never showed up to the party... free or otherwise. Its an ATnT branded blackberry btw, not sure if that matters. its not the 1st 7.1 ive installed but i settled on 378 since everyone says how good it is and the hotspot works as well.

what could caus the hotspot not to show in a version where its confirmed present?
    ATT does not allow the free wifi hotspot...they want to charge you for tethering. Even though it works on .378, there is the possibility that they will catch your data usage and hit you with a bill or shut it down, especially if you use it a lot.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    247 Global Posts

Default Re: The official I got my 9810 thread

I got mine and i love it! I had the 9800 and felt like it could have been better hence why i jumped to the 9810 and in my opinion it's perfect for me.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Ok i have a 9810 torch and im wanting to use a different carrier i put the other carriers sim in and i can text n call but my data plan is no good pls help
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    a colada

After a long period of waiting i finally got a Torch 9810. ipekayey!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

Got mine about a mine ago after my 9780 failed on me, and liking it,but it just freezes. At times, as in totally where i have to do a battery pull to get it back on i'm on os7.1.0.714. Anyone knows hw to reduce this daily freezes.?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

backup and reinstall OS . download new OS . .714 is old now
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    backup and reinstall OS . download new OS . .714 is old now

hi motorhead777... can u direct me to a link for the latest os ..thanks a lot
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Hey guys (and gals),

In the process of obtaining a 9810 for my Dad. He is about to retire and lose his work phone which he uses exclusively right now. We have had T-Mobile since '05 and have maintained his line for the past 3 years he has had a company provided line. His company line is an 8530 that I just swapped for a Tour 9630 so that it would be a seamless transition from CSpire back to T-Mobile. He texts and calls and occasionally emails, but he will be losing his company email soon and will go the GMail route.

All this to say, he has t-zones data which is WAP only, though for whatever reason BBM works (only testing from the 8530 to the 9630), but I would like him to be able to do some light, quick browsing over HSPA+ to look up quick sports scores, weather, etc. I know from messing with the Tour and T-Mobile that most things need BIS to function, but Opera Mini works, and I was able to get the browser to work with the Tour as well with some service books added back.

My big question is I saw T-Mobile's latest is 7.1.0.284 I think, and I know that is much older than the latest versions floating around. WiFi calling is going to be a big must here so what would my options be here? Thanks.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

im using the latest version from starhub that came out on 12/12/2012. seems alright so far.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Where can I get mine? Any online store that ships genuine unlocked 9810's overseas at good prices ?

Please guys... Help .....
    Running Blackberry 9700
    OS ver. Leaked 6.0.0.344
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    28066E6B

Got mine along with 16GB PlayBook two weeks ago. I had purchased the Torch from Amazon.com via WireoVia one year ago for 400 dollars and delivered to a friend in USA who somehow could not come as planned to Pakistan. When opened the box, there was no battery in it :-( Wrote and email to vendor, but it came back undelivered. Wrote to Amazon and they informed that the company had stopped business with them. Overall not satisfied, I paid for the new handset, but it seems used AT&T one and the 2GB memory card had MP3 songs on it. After a few days the backlights under the power button and call connect/end buttons died. Now I am not going to purchase anything online, particularly from Amazon.com

For last six months I have been using a Chinese Android phone with Ice Cream Sandwich and I enjoy it better than the Torch 9810. No Twitter application for the device is a big turn off as I use Twitter most of the time.

Moving the contacts from Gmail was a pain. First transferred them to MS Outlook and then through BB Desktop manager to Torch. There should be online sync and back up of Gmail Contacts.
    Torch 9810, Playbook 16GB, 8830 WE
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314