Notification For Nothing
Hey guys, I've got an LED notification and sound alert that I can't seem to figure out why it keeps happening. I keep getting a notification, but nothing is showing in the notification bar. I can use LEDreset to clear the flashing light but it just gives me a new notification again in a half hour or so and still nothing showing in the bar. I've tried clearing my messages, didn't work. I've looked for an unread message, can't find one. What am I missing?
Some more info on this. I've tried going into the messages screen, pressing "U". It says "No unread messages". I've done the same for text messages as well. Nothing. I've also tried the battery pull twice. It still comes on for no reason. Like I said, I can clear it with LEDreset. But it just comes back in a while for no reason again.
I have Accu-Weather on it. I'll turn off the weather alert setting and see what that does. Thanks for jogging my memory on that stuff. I'll keep you posted after the Accu-Weather setting change.
Thanks for that tip, I'll scroll through them.
I turned off the notifications for Accu-Weather and still kept getting it, so it wasn't that one. Moving on to the next one.
- CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
12-03-2012, 11:56 PM #7
- 5,948 Posts
Well, I went in and turned off a few that I thought might be the problem, like Facebook Messages and so on. I then did a battery pull. It was still doing it for what ever reason. I couldn't figure it out. Oddly though, when I turned it on this morning after turning it off all night, I haven't had the problem today. I still don't know what it was, but it seems to be not doing it at the moment.
- By naviwilliams in forum Site News, Feedback, HelpReplies: 33Last Post: 08-21-2013, 07:32 PM
- By Nabisco in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 19Last Post: 07-30-2009, 02:58 PM
- By heavylee in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 6Last Post: 11-06-2008, 10:51 AM
- By ttran076 in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 1Last Post: 10-26-2007, 03:34 PM
- By musicgold in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2007, 09:50 AM