Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Pootermobile
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    280b39e0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default No theme studio 7

I know it is difficult for every one to make themes because there is no theme studio 7.

But why would I want to pay for a broken theme? There is no way I'm buying a theme that screws up when rotated, or hides my apps cause they are in a folder. Don't get me wrong, if it works, ill be happy to pay for it, I have a theme now that I bought the has no problems at all, everything is visible, and it works right when it rotates.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 10.2.2.1531
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

The theme builders have done remarkable things without the Theme Studio 7. You have to be selective on what you purchase. By the way, your tagline is out of date. AT&T released an update that solves the mic issue, 7.1.0.694. If you have updated, you might want to change your signature line. If you haven't, you should update. However, you will lose the ability to use your phone as a free Wifi Hotspot.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    306 Global Posts
    PIN
    280b39e0
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I know, I always forget to change my sig, cause now I'm running cin. Bell 7.1.0.746 with out any mic problems in a known mic problem area with att.

Z10 10.2.2.1531
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by jmb12177 View Post
    I know, I always forget to change my sig, cause now I'm running cin. Bell 7.1.0.746 with out any mic problems in a known mic problem area with att.

Of course, if you also want hotspot without a tethering plan, you may not want to switch, anyway.

On your original question, there are lots of good themes. Just look through the 9810 themes section. A few of the best are even free.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts

can you recommend theme makers that make themes that dont screw up?

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    712 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

The only problem I have with themes is the fact that my status icons (i.e. wifi, bbis, etc.) sometimes tend to duplicate across my status bar. I've learned to live with it because I am just overall glad that there are themes at all for us
    Tapioca, I personally like Pootermobile's themes, especially the Jammin Theme for BB Jam. Its free in app world if you want to try it.
    Last edited by troshs; 11-29-2012 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by tapioca770 View Post
    can you recommend theme makers that make themes that dont screw up?

The stuff by Molson0 (Julnt Design) is good -- a few have the no icons in folders glitch, but you can find the filenames. Many are free, some are paid & in AppWorld. I use his W7 and Nemesis themes a lot. dcburke's (drkApprentice Designs) stuff is excellent, too. Check out their De_NEX7 theme. There are others, but these are my two go to guys. Walker Themes is supposed to be good, too.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,697 Global Posts

Thanks for the support troshs

Now it seems that there is a bit of confusion when it comes to OS7 themes. So I'll try to explain for everyone.

OS7 themes come in 2 varieties DEFAULT and CUSTOM.

Let's start with DEFAULT: This means that the theme's layout has the panels that are called All, Frequent, Downloads, Media, ect. These kids of themes don't really have any major bugs, unless the theme dev missed something during the development of the theme. In other words everything works fine. Example of a DEFAULT theme: Buy Equis by Pootermobile - Download Equis by Pootermobile - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

CUSTOM: This means that the theme's layout doesn't have the panels the DEFAULT layout has. These kinds of themes give the theme dev much more flexibility when it comes to designing the homescreen. The downside is that OS7 doesn't play nice with the DEFAULT layout. The most prevalent bug is that of apps not being able to be seen within folders in the applications screen (when you click the BB menu button from the homescreen). This isn't the theme dev's fault or lack of Theme Studio 7, it's a bug that has to do with the OS.
    Theme developers have tried to work around this bug in order to give users a better experience, considering this bug is quite annoying. I've seen theme devs add media apps shortcuts on the homescreen, hotkey to Universal Search in order to launch apps you have in folders, and as a last resort telling users to put all apps within folders into the main applications screen.
    Example of a CUSTOM theme: Buy Shooter by Pootermobile - Download Shooter by Pootermobile - Buy Themes from BlackBerry App World

With that said I urge everyone wanting to buy a theme on App World to please read the theme's description and look at the screenshots carefully. And if you are still uncertain contact the developer if you have any questions before purchasing. Be a responsible buyer

If you still have questions you can contact me either on Twitter, email: support@theworldofpootermobile.com, and here too although I'll answer way faster at the previous places.

Stay awesome and BlackBerry 4 Life!
    Last edited by Pootermobile; 11-30-2012 at 07:33 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    kraski (11-30-2012),  Mecca EL (12-05-2012) 
    Mecca EL and kraski like this.