Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By qbnkelt
  • 2 Post By JasW
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Talking No Front Camera AT&T...Really

So 3 AT&T reps swore up and down I have a front facing camera on my white torch 9810. Seriously...these ppl need to be more educated...its the prox sensor...lol
    CrackBerry Addict

Oh, but you sir are wrong! Didnt you know the AT&T version comes with a front facing camera? XD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by DannyJK View Post
    Oh, but you sir are wrong! Didnt you know the AT&T version comes with a front facing camera? XD
    But Danny! Dont you know its only the white one. The other one is lacking...ROFL
    CrackBerry User

The people at ATT are just bsers who will say and do anything to sell you a product. I told them that I want to buy the Torch off contract and unlock it and they told me that nothing will work if I unlock it and that I should sign a contract with them. I knew that they were bsing me and I bought it off contract anyway. It turns out that everything works on it except 3g as I expected.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mixercub View Post
    But Danny! Dont you know its only the white one. The other one is lacking...ROFL
    This is the truth you speak?! We must further investigate this matter!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    351 Global Posts

Every time I interact with an AT&T rep I fall out with them. They are notoriously ill trained, ill educated, ill mannered and annoying. When I bought my Torch I almost ended up shouting at the woman. She said "I'm sorry?" after everything I said, to the point where I was speaking comically loud and slow for her. And when she was attempting to tell me about the 9810 it was as if she knew nothing about it. I had to tell her it had a faster processor, she had no idea. She just kept saying "it's like, basically the same, but a newer version, kind of...better..."

Then I asked her if they had a charging cradle for it that would also charge a spare battery at the same time. After repeating myself about three times she said "oh yeah, we have that" and proceeded to get me a stock Blackberry cradle. I asked her if it charged a spare battery and she said yes it does. I said "at the same time as the phone?" and she said "well of course, it would be in the phone." I said "no, a spare battery, to be charged alongside my phone" and she asked why in the heck would I want to take the battery out of the phone to charge it when I can just leave it in the phone? I tried to explain again and gave up halfway through and said it didn't matter. Then she was terse and rude and sour to me while processing the transaction and activating my phone. This is my experience virtually every time I go in AT&T. It's as if they've had a single day's training.

What also annoyed me is that for the last god knows how many years, my upgrade cycle has been 12 months instead of 24 (apparently because my monthly bill is over $100 and I always pay on time) and yet when I looked at my account, I see that my next upgrade isn't for 2 years. I honestly think this sour cow edited it while she was in my account just to p*** me off.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by mixercub View Post
    So 3 AT&T reps swore up and down I have a front facing camera on my white torch 9810. Seriously...these ppl need to be more educated...its the prox sensor...lol
    I'm not sure here, are you complaining about the ignorance of the representatives or complaining about the lack of a front-facing camera on the device?

Oh yah....when I went to get mine I went five rounds on whether or not a white version of the 9810 was available. I was told gray, black but not white.
    I asked her to please open the cabinet and check inside for the boxes. She did. Came up with a white one.
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons; dragonslayers are crunchy, and good with ketchup
    mixercub likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,933 Global Posts

I find it best to minimize my time by saying I want x, I don't need a device switch done, and I don't need any accessories, thanks. Just want to get the device and go. Oh, yeah, and I bring along my 5-year-old son, who is still learning the difference between an "indoor voice" and an "outdoor voice," and whom I let have free reign with the demo models on the wall.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    mixercub and qbnkelt like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I find it easier to do my own homework, then go into a store to physically touch and play with the device, then don't even bother with the in store CS's(most are morons and all always try to sell me an iphone), then buy online and speak with the online CS. Save yourself the headache of dealing with in store CS that normally don't know their a** from a hole in the ground.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm all about ordering online, just so I can avoid uneducated phone reps, who seem to exist at all the carriers.

I work in IT, doing hardware and software support. I have this same issue with Best Buy, Fry's, any store that sells computer related items. I can guarantee you I know more than they do. I make it a point to avoid any of their offers of "help" because they either: a) get a blank look when I start describing what I need or b) think they know more than me and give me wrong information. The blank looks amuse me.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Croft View Post
    I'm not sure here, are you complaining about the ignorance of the representatives or complaining about the lack of a front-facing camera on the device?
    I could care less about a front facing camera. I love my White 9810! Im complaining about the ignorance of the representatives. lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    749 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    I find it easier to do my own homework, then go into a store to physically touch and play with the device, then don't even bother with the in store CS's(most are morons and all always try to sell me an iphone), then buy online and speak with the online CS. Save yourself the headache of dealing with in store CS that normally don't know their a** from a hole in the ground.
    Oh those reps are ALL about an friggin iPhone, at BB, Frys, ATT, no matter which cell place I go it seems.