Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Need help finding a file from backup

I recently had some email problems and had to restore to factory defaults. I was able to get my contacts and essential info from my backups but I cannot find a specific excel file from docs to go. I know the file name, can someone please help me find this file or does the backup not save these files. Thanks in advance.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,106 Global Posts

Did you backup the built-in media storage at the same time as the device backup? If you're using an older BB Desktop Software version that writes .IPD backup files, look for a corresponding .ZIP file that contains files from the phone's built-in storage; that zip will have all the built-in media. If it's the newer BB Desktop Software that writes .BBB backup files, there is just one bbb file containing both and it would have been restored at the same time.

Edit: when you restore, be sure to checkmark the option that says "Include files saved on my built-in media storage".