Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. santa2512's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Need a good calendar app

    As the title really,

    Need a calendar app that will overlay upcomming events on the home screen.

    Found on in the app store, purchased & found full of bugs....

    The app works, but

    Screen formatting is pants , the font size keeps changing all the time

    It wont display daily reminders, without wiping the homescreen picture i set .

    yet if i have all reminders on, the home screen (jpeg) is fine . But its not clear what event is when.

    a review to the developer appears to have fallen of deaf ears


    any ideas to help

    mart
  2. kraski's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!
    #2  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santa2512 View Post
    As the title really,

    Need a calendar app that will overlay upcomming events on the home screen.

    Found on in the app store, purchased & found full of bugs....

    The app works, but

    Screen formatting is pants , the font size keeps changing all the time

    It wont display daily reminders, without wiping the homescreen picture i set .

    yet if i have all reminders on, the home screen (jpeg) is fine . But its not clear what event is when.

    a review to the developer appears to have fallen of deaf ears


    any ideas to help

    mart
    It probably would have helped if you named the app with issues. Don't be surprised if you get others now naming the same app because it works fine for them.

    Getting that out of the way, if I understand what you're loking for, you need an app that will put calendar events on the homescreen. When I do that, deToday works very well for me. I don't change fonts. The only things I really change are the number of calendar entries showing, whether I include BeWeather integration, and what BeWeather items I include. Those all change based on what wallpaper I integrate into the deToday display.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    Thanked by:
    santa2512 (08-11-2012) 
  3. npisano's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    179 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I also use deToday and it works great. I can change fonts, sizes, pictures, etc and everything works perfectly. It also integrates BeWeather (if you use it). I've been in contact with the developer in the past regarding requests, help, etc and I've ALWAYS received a very prompt and helpful reply. I would highly recommend it. Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    santa2512 (08-11-2012) 
  4. santa2512's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    40 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

    Default

    Cheers Guys I tried deToday works a treat. Many thanks

    Dont suppose yu know of any good calendar apps that you can assign colours to differing events.

    The standard calendar is a bit naff, and the selection i can see using bbworld dont inspire or appear to do much in this way

    Mart
  5. kraski's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!
    #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by santa2512 View Post
    Cheers Guys I tried deToday works a treat. Many thanks

    Dont suppose yu know of any good calendar apps that you can assign colours to differing events.

    The standard calendar is a bit naff, and the selection i can see using bbworld dont inspire or appear to do much in this way

    Mart
    If you mean instead of deToday, for the home screen, no. If you're talking about The calendar app itself, I use Pocket Informant by WebIS. I use it in place of calendar and contacts. Within the app you can have different icons and colors for different events and categories. As well as integrating people from your contacts who are attending. It's a little more pricey than most, but it's so much more flexible than others, including the native apps.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
  6. DrJoe's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    7 Posts
    #6  

    Default Re: Need a good calendar app

    I too use PocketInformant, for much the same reason - calendar categories that can be colour-coded, and a better contacts interface (but I synch contacts with the native app for the phone integration).

    So, the question I have about BB10 is: will the native BB10 calendar have categories that can be synch-ed to Outlook categories and also be colour-codeable?

    Cheers,
    DrJoe
  7. PHughes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    746 Posts
    #7  

    Default Re: Need a good calendar app

    Quote Originally Posted by DrJoe View Post
    I too use PocketInformant, for much the same reason - calendar categories that can be colour-coded, and a better contacts interface (but I synch contacts with the native app for the phone integration).

    So, the question I have about BB10 is: will the native BB10 calendar have categories that can be synch-ed to Outlook categories and also be colour-codeable?

    Cheers,
    DrJoe
    I used to use Pocket Informant, but it seems they no longer offer it for Blackberry.
  8. kraski's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius

    Posts
    1,608 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,262 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!
    #8  

    Default Re: Need a good calendar app

    Quote Originally Posted by PHughes View Post
    I used to use Pocket Informant, but it seems they no longer offer it for Blackberry.
    It's still in Appworld. At a higher price than I paid when I bought it. I believe WebIS is no longer updating the app for present OSes. Which makes sense. It's been stable on OS6 and OS7, even through the various iterations of 7.1. I'd suspect they're waiting to see what happens with BB10. If it takes off, the old OSes are likely to disappear once there's a fuller line of BB10 models. If BB10 dies, then the older OSes are likely to follow. So, no added features, for now. But a successful BB10 might get a BB10 version, in the future.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com

Posting Permissions