Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hubermania
  • 1 Post By scott2575
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry My torch 9810 backlight will not turn off!!!!

I have a torch 9810/ The problem is the backlight on it will simply not turn off. After I lock the phone with the lock button, the backlight will turn off for about 5 seconds before it turns back on by itself. And it stays on!!! This is draining the battery on my phone and it gets annoying. What do I have to do to fix this? I have never dealt with this before. By the way, I have tried everything on setting, including changing the backlight timer, but nothing works.

Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Default Re: My torch 9810 backlight will not turn off!!!!

Sounds like a hardware issue if you messed with the software settings and still no joy. Try take it in for repairs to have it checked.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Master

Could it be a 3rd party app causing this behavior? Slacker, for example, has an option "Display Always On" which is only in effect while on the charger. Lesser apps might not be so well-behaved.

Reboot the phone in Safe Mode by simultaneously pressing Alt-RightShift-Del to reboot, then hold down the Escape key until 10 seconds after the red light turns off. If the backlight works normally in Safe Mode, uninstall your apps a few at a time until the problem resolves.
    Thanked by:
    sputneek (11-08-2012) 
    go1ndr and sputneek like this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    7,783 Global Posts

[QUOTE=hubermania;7719057Reboot the phone in Safe Mode by simultaneously pressing Alt-RightShift-Del to reboot, then hold down the Escape key until 10 seconds after the red light turns off.[/QUOTE]

Never new about safe mode, this could come in handy some day, thank you and my apologies to the OP for butting in
    What's in a world?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for the advice. I'd downloaded the flash light app and once i'd deleted it the dimmer worked as it should.
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scott2575 View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I'd downloaded the flash light app and once i'd deleted it the dimmer worked as it should.
    Hi Scott2575--if you want a good app that doesn't drain your battery and has about 15 or 16 built in applications like the flashlight, download the free Adv_OS and LED from AppWorld (now BBWorld). It is an awesome app that has the single best battery monitor on it along with wifi notifications, flashlight, alerts, popups,device restart,screenshot and a ton more. Check it out and it will not drain your battery. It's the number one liked app on the site for 7.1 and down devices.
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Hi Scott2575--if you want a good app that doesn't drain your battery and has about 15 or 16 built in applications like the flashlight, download the free Adv_OS and LED from AppWorld (now BBWorld). It is an awesome app that has the single best battery monitor on it along with wifi notifications, flashlight, alerts, popups,device restart,screenshot and a ton more. Check it out and it will not drain your battery. It's the number one liked app on the site for 7.1 and down devices.
    I also highly recommend this app. Tons of functionality and it's very light on resource usage.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

It sounds like your button ia sticking oe the slider sensor may be broken...if the phone is open try pushing the button and see what happens. The second thing ti try might be a can of air for cleaning PC's...just blow all over in the slider and around the buttons. Every now and then my 9810 will do something strange and the air usually works...or a reboot...
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.