Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By newcollector
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default My battery drains rapidly without even using any apps. My bb torch also heats up even if im not usin

help me guys. its my first blackberry phone so i don't even know what to do with it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

Hi AnneNicole, I don't have a torch but feel bad that no one has responded to your thread yet. Found a link that may help with the battery drain: Extending BlackBerry 6 and BlackBerry 7 battery life «Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    As for overheating, I am not aware of this being a problem, I hope someone that has a torch & may have had this issue can help address this for you. Good luck.

P.S. If I'm not mistaken, this is an older model, if so and it is a used phone, could just be an old battery & needs to be replaced.
    Last edited by mark37724; 01-19-2013 at 03:10 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thankyou for responding on my thread. im new here so idont even know how to ask people with the same issue as mine. By the way, thanks again.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

A number of factors can cause your problem. First, what version is your OS? If you are not sure where to find it, look in options>device>about device versions. Third line will tell you the version...look for the numbers in the parenthases. If you are on a 7.0.0.xxx number, one thing that may help is to update the OS.

Another reason for a problem has to do with apps. If you had a BlackBerry before this phone and you did a device switch, then there may be incompatibility issues with some of your apps. If you didn't have a BlackBerry before, an app that you have downloaded may still be an issue. Sometimes apps run, but also cause issues. Have you left any apps running in the background, you thought you closed them, but they are still running (press and hold the menu key which should only show 5 apps as running. Still another possibility is that you may need to remove your battery and wait a few seconds before you replace it. There are other possible causes for what you describe, (poor signal, corrupted file, bad battery, etc) but we will start here. Don't worry, with others help, you should be able figure out what is going on.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,511 Global Posts

Agreed (as usual) with Newcollector! I really think due to the heating up remark, that it is or certainly could be a bad or corrupted OS. Once we know what OS you are using, it will much easier to help you with the needed updates to bring your phone back to life or at least make it healthy again if it is alive. Also, If it's a 7.1 OS build, you will have the "Application Resource Monitor" on it. Go to Options>Device>Application Resource Monitor. Click on it and set it up. If by chance it is not on there, you can download it from AppWorld. Once it is on your phone, you can turn it on and let it monitor and automatically shut down apps that are draining the battery. Excellent utility application and a must have. We'll wait to hear back from you with answers to Newcollector's questions. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi it's my first bb as well. this also happened to me and i thought i had to give it back to the owner but when i tried to use the default theme (i tried using other cute themes) the problem was fixed. if you also used other themes it might be the one causing the battery drain. just wanted to share hope it helps