Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Multiple Outlook Contact Folders

Hi all - Outlook has a couple contact folders.

Contacts
    Work Contacts

By 9810 on sync only syncs the Contacts folder which is anoying

My Playbook on the other hand syncs both folders, which is good.

I copied the contenys of the Work Contacts folder into theContacts folder and my 9810 sees all contacts which is good.

However my Playbook now shows duplicate entries for the same person which is anoying

How can I get the 9810 to see both contatc folders please? The desktop sync software isnt helping much in this regards.

Thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Re: Multiple Outlook Contact Folders

Anyone - ?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Update to the lates version of the BB desktop manager.
    Go to configure sync.
    Click on the adv opition.
    Click on the folders tab.
    Select the the other folder you want sycned..
    Not in front of my PC or desktop app, but this should point you the right area.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

cheers - have version 7.1.0.32 - 11th July 2012 (bundle 33)

Phone connected, down the left side of the Desktop Manager there's

Blackberry Torch 9810
    Applications
    Organiser
    Files

I click on organiser and I get the options for

Contacts
    Calendars
    Tasks
    Memos

I click Configure for Contacts then Advanced.

Only 2 tabs -

Filters and Fields

I have 2 PC's that show the same
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

hey guys, any help on this one? driving me nuts now
    ta
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

I don't think it matters which version you have of DM (I use 6.1) but I know that there have been multiple issues written about on here with regards to syncing correctly with the two newest BBDM versions of 7.xx and Outlook!

To do what you want to accomplish, on 6.1 you go to configure (after DM opens up WITH phone plugged in).
    Then> click on Organizer (left hand side bar)
    Then> Configure settings
    Then> highlight Address book (BB name for contacts) and click “Advanced”.
    Then> click on “Map Folder” and begin you migration of folders you want to sync with. To do this, you will see two boxes to "drag and drop" (add or remove) from side to side. You would then click on the sub folder you want to sync, highlight it and click- “add ”(or drag it). It will show you a list of folders you want to move from/to, and you choose which ones you want to sync.

NOTE: Once it’s done, there is an issue that can happen if you ever decide to delete it. It appears that deleting it will remove it completely from the actual Outlook Contacts folder and perhaps the entire “Outlook Contact folder”.
    I set it up to sync with my memo folder- trying to get some memos to sync that I wanted to put on my phone one time. The folder I wanted to sync was under "Notes" on outlook, which is "memos" on BB. There was a subfolder in NOTES called Notes2 that I wanted to sync over to the phone, and it did it perfectly, BUT when I then wanted to delete it from continuously syncing (only needed it to sync one time), it popped up a warning that removing Notes2 from BBDM would delete the entire folder on Outlook as well.

I ended up having to create another folder on Outlook under Notes ( called it “notes3” real ingenious), drug notes form Notes 2 to Notes 3, and then deleted the stuff in Notes 2 in Outlook which, deleted the notes in "Notes2" on the phone on the next sync. But, the actual folder which is now empty I had to leave on the configuration. It sounds more confusing than it actually is, when you actually do it-so don’t worry if you try it. It can be done the same way on either version just be aware of these issues and good luck!
    andy957 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

cheers, thing is I'm following the paths to get to folders but there isn't a folders tab to even click on.

must be a bug with the current DM version.

It's highly anoying
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Cheers back my friend! There are certainly known issues with the newest version of DM 7.x having sync problems with Outlook overall. I never downloaded the update as the immediate negative comments by people I respect on these forums, stopped me from it--and I am grateful! A lesson I learned long ago was never hit "send" to quickly and never download an upgrade until you have seen how others like it! LOL.

I don't know how to retreive the older download of DM (6.1) as I heard they pulled it, but maybe someone on here will. I will private message some of the gurus on here to see if anyone has a link that still works for downgrading to the older version that is good. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything. Good luck. Go1ndr.
    CrackBerry Newbie

you can download DM 6.1 from softonic