Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By newcollector
  • 1 Post By nfsw
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Memory Card Issue

This is regarding the memory card installed in my torch , this issue has occurred several times , but this was the worse.
    My memory card used to loose data once every months, I had to format it using PC & install it again.
    But today the whole card crashed & I cant even access using the PC.
    Has anybody out there experienced the same ?
    Can somebody help me with this ??
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

My memory card has crashed before and I realized it was from one particular pc. Since then I don't connect my phone to that pc anymore. When i connected the phone to the pc my memory card would be messed up that every other pc does not recognize the memory card just the phone memory. On the phone it would say no memory card or format memory card. Tried reboots and pulling out battery but no luck. The only thing that helped out was putting the memory card in a a memory card reader and even then only one pc would recognize it and i would notice everything is still there. Putting it back on the phone and after several reboots it would work. The following time i backed up my stuff, formatted the memory card and restored all my stuff.

So my adcvice is try using a memory card and on different pc's if you can as your stuff could all be intact. A case of the part of the memory card that indexes the files on the card being corrupt.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Default Memory Card Issue

I have tried formatting the card with various PC's but still this happens. I don't know what's going wrong.
    I think there is an issue with the phone.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Instead of assuming it is the phone, you might try getting a new good quality memory card like San Disk or something similar.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Have tried what could been done @ my end.
    But in vain

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

This could be to do with the card's contacts (the little metal strips on one side), because these send and recieve information to and from your phone. If one of them's slightly out of place or broken, the whole card could be communicating inappropriately, AKA, it sends information that is no use to your card or phone whatsoever. Obviously, your card just gave up after a while.

You might just want to use files you might have backed up onto your computer using Desktop Manager, buy a new card, and restore everything. Plus, nowadays cards are very cheap!
    Josh - Curve 9320 & PlayBook 64GB - BlackBerry Enthusiast - CrackBerry Addict - PlayBook Sideloader
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts

I had problems similar to this on my 9800. I replaced the card and all worked fine.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,395 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    Instead of assuming it is the phone, you might try getting a new good quality memory card like San Disk or something similar.
    If I were you OP, I'd follow Newcollector's advice and buy a new quality memory card as suggested. Scan Disc is one of the best and it's very inexpensive at today's rates. You can purchase a 32GB card from Amazon.com for like $21USD. Quality cards make all the difference. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Guys have changed 3 cards of the leading brand #sandisk . Currently using the same.
    CrackBerry Genius

I have Transcend 32 GB since last 8-9 months. For the first time last week, my phone gave me message that the memory card inserted is not readable and needs to be formatted. Several times, I tried repairing the same but BBDA hardware test options was not able to pass read or write tests. Finally, I backup all data using memory card reader and I formatted with my PC but when I inserted back in my phone, got the message that it needs to be formatted again as it might not work so formatted again using phone and everything seems normal again.

Try formatting with phone. It might help.
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I find some issues with the handset only.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Today , again i lost all my data on the card
    Card corrupted
    Cant find the issue
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Have you tried using the phone to format the memory card before first use? I've done this with all my cards and have never had any issues with data on them.
    Warren, Newmarket, ON

HeatWare
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Yep, I formatted the card using the phone !!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Man, you have me baffled (granted, that isn't too hard to do). I am wondering if there is an issue with an app? I have never heard of an app causing this kind of memory problem, but I guess it could be possible. I'll do some checking around and see if I can find anything remotely like this. To say the least it is a real problem. Do you have a warranty on the phone? If so, you may need to do an exchange.

Check out this thread: 9860 Media Card problems, so frustrating...!
    It seems that at least one fella had to exchange the phone. Maybe there is a tip in there for you if they are experiencing anything close to what you are.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    satchit (06-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  

I don't have a warranty . I am facing this issue since a very long time. I think its something related to the hardware. Coz I have installed several os , even hybrids , but the issue persists
    Man, you have me baffled (granted, that isn't too hard to do). I am wondering if there is an issue with an app? I have never heard of an app causing this kind of memory problem, but I guess it could be possible. I'll do some checking around and see if I can find anything remotely like this. To say the least it is a real problem. Do you have a warranty on the phone? If so, you may need to do an exchange.

It seems that at least one fella had to exchange the phone. Maybe there is a tip in there for you if they are experiencing anything close to what you are.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

I don't have a warranty . I am facing this issue since a very long time. I think its something related to the hardware. Coz I have installed several os , even hybrids , but the issue persists

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18