Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Maps App for 9810

I am looking for a maps app for my 9810 that just works. I've tried 3 apps and I'm not satisfied. The Blackberry Maps app has a decent search function but I don't see street names and I don't see how to change this. The GPS Google App's search function doesn't work. And the other Google Map app is so slow. I paid $5 for each of the latter 2. I was very satisfied with Google Maps on my Curve 9300 that ran on OS6.

Anyone have a viable solution? I like using the maps app a lot for navigation.

Thanks,

Chad
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

I see street names on my BlackBerry Maps app. You probably just need to zoom in some to see the street names. And that combined with BlackBerry Traffic is a perfect combination for travel.
    Last edited by newcollector; 07-27-2012 at 10:28 AM.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.3247
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

When I do zoom in, I still don't see the street names. Although I recall that I was able to see them at one time. I'm wondering if I changed something in the setting - which I can't find at this time. I will try deleting and re-installing the software.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Before reinstalling, try a battery pull or a soft reboot to see if that helps clear up the problem.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.3247
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

Don't know if this will help or not.. I use the BB Maps App, and I too would see only a few street names listed... I discovered (for me) that this limited street listing view was becuase I had increased the FONT size for MAPS way to much... So I adjusted back to the default "arial, 8pt font" and street names generally populated. Have to be in MAP applic, select menu key, select options, select "set global map services" - at bottom, which will bring you to screen to change FONT.. Don't know if it will work for you, but worth a try at least