Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 275
Like Tree14Likes
  1. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default List of what's still unavailable for the 9810

    Feb. 1, 2012: This is a final update. Almost six months after the release of the 9810, it is probably safe to assume that the apps listed below will never become available for the 9810 (although one should never say "never"). This is likely because the developer has lost interest in supporting BlackBerry, is focusing instead on developing for the PlayBook and BB10, or is running a meth lab in Bismarck, North Dakota.

    Another very possible reason is that the app has been rendered obsolete by another app, in particular a native BB app. For example, why download the WorldMate travel app when you can get BB Travel? Or Beam Reader when Docs to Go now has PDF support? Or buy ESPN Radio when you can listen to ESPN stations for free on TuneIn Radio?


    Each app listed below is linked to the developer's BB support email address -- so email 'em if you think it might do some good. Asterisks mean the app IS available on the 9900/30, though for some reason not the 9810.

    If there is a known sideload that works on the 9810, an OTA link is provided in parentheses next to the app name. Please continue to post such links as you come across them, and indicate any screen size issues, etc. Note well: just because you can sideload an app that appears to work on the 9810 does not mean that it won't cause a severe memory leak (or some other bugginess), particularly if you are running OS 7.1; so sideload at your own risk.

    Air Traffic Control
    American Express Travel App*
    AT&T Voicemail Viewer (sideload here)
    Avatar Builder
    BBC iPlayer
    BeamReader (sideload here)
    BerrySlider/StormSlider
    BigHand
    BlackBerry Wallet
    Canadian Tire
    Canucks
    Dictionary.com (sideload here) (has screen size issue)
    Doodle Jump
    Email Scheduler
    ESPN Radio
    Flight Control*
    iheartradio (sideload here) (set all permissions to "allow")
    iMapMyRide
    ING Direct
    Ka-Glom
    LinkedIn (sideload here)
    Looks Great - Tip Calculator
    MailMinder
    Monitor
    OurGroceries Shopping List (sideload here)
    PayPal (sideload here)
    RBC Mobile (sideload here)
    Scrabble*
    Skitrix
    Sports Illustrated SI
    TD Canada Trust (sideload here)
    Tumblr
    Urbanspoon
    U-verse Mobile
    vCasa
    Viper SmartStart
    WeatherBug (sideload here)
    WeatherEye (sideload here)
    WorldMate
    Last edited by JasW; 02-08-2012 at 12:38 PM.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Thanked by 16:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked
    4drsupra (11-28-2011),  barskin (09-05-2011),  Azensun (09-06-2011),  Blacklatino (10-25-2011),  brava27 (09-04-2011),  ginajolie (09-08-2011),  jafobabe (11-16-2011),  jh5292 (08-31-2011),  Mecca EL (09-07-2011),  Nickerz (09-02-2011),  nikkileigh85 (01-31-2012),  rgshah3 (10-18-2011),  slalom (10-06-2011),  Thewaxedworm (09-11-2011),  uncltom (10-17-2011),  WrightWords (01-22-2012) 
    brava27, uncltom, 4drsupra and 2 others like this.
  2. chevydudesixty9's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    164 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    PIN
    27feaa17
    #2  

    Default

    Bank of America
    Viper Smart Start <----- Only way to get into my vehicle was with a 9700 Now I have to carry a remote. lol
  3. wazdat's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    31 Posts
    #3  

    Default

    I have Shazam 4.7 (originally for the Bold 9700) running on my 9810.

    OTA link: http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad

    And the eBay app for the 9800 works also.

    OTA link: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16663224/eBa...BlackBerry.jad
    Last edited by wazdat; 08-30-2011 at 01:27 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    arickinreallife (08-30-2011),  jh5292 (08-31-2011),  tsells (08-30-2011) 
  4. motor96's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    298 Posts
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    #4  

    Default

    Pingchat doesn't work

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
  5. av41medic's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    8 Posts
    #5  

    Default

    Air Canada mobile doesn't work either.
  6. T_Touch's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    565 Posts
    Global Posts
    567 Global Posts
    #6  

    Default

    Can someone provide a link to the Kindle app? I keep getting redirected.
  7. branflakes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    #7  

    Default

    MyFitnessPal doesn't work (a calorie tracker program).
    Doodle Jump (love that game!) not available.

    Try this for Kindle app (it's how I got it on my 9810). Works well.

    Amazon.com: Kindle for BlackBerry - Read Kindle eBooks on your BlackBerry

    They also suggested this to be typed in the browser:

    amazon.com/kindlebb
    Thanked by 2:
    jafobabe (11-16-2011),  T_Touch (08-30-2011) 
  8. KeithRos12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #8  

    Default

    Tune in Radio updated today. Looks like it works on all devices now.
  9. KeithRos12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #9  

    Default

    Still waiting for:
    Aces Solitaire
    Avatar Builder
    Blockade
    Cardstar and/or Keyring Rewards
    Font Collection
    Garmin Mobile
    Quickpull
    skitrix
    Southwest Airlines
    Swing by Swing
    Uverse Mobile
  10. hauger's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    167 Posts
    #10  

    Default

    Flight Control (game)

    Very fun time waster game that's available for the 9800. Really want this game released.
  11. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithRos12 View Post
    Still waiting for:
    Aces Solitaire
    Avatar Builder
    Blockade
    Cardstar and/or Keyring Rewards
    Font Collection
    Garmin Mobile
    Quickpull
    skitrix
    Southwest Airlines
    Swing by Swing
    Uverse Mobile
    Thanks. Though Quickpull is available now for the 9810. Also, do you mean Font Master? I don't know of/see any other font collection app in AppWorld. Also, the GPS Golf Range app (Swing by Swing) is a version 1.0.0 app that was never made available for OS 6 devices; those kinds of apps I'm eliminating since it's doubtful they'll be upgraded/made available.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    chamomiami likes this.
  12. xenorph's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    39 Posts
    #12  

    Default

    How do you actually get the books to open with the kindle app? I always get the error telling me to delete the book and redownload it
  13. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xenorph View Post
    How do you actually get the books to open with the kindle app? I always get the error telling me to delete the book and redownload it
    Try asking here: Kindle? or start a new thread -- this thread concerns apps that you can't even get on the 9810 yet, not help with apps you already have.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  14. AyChyu's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #14  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KeithRos12 View Post
    Tune in Radio updated today. Looks like it works on all devices now.
    Awesome. I love the pro version. Can't seem to get it, yet, though. BB app world on my phone says it's not available for carrier billing yet (and I don't see a way to change my payment options), and from my laptop I click the dl button and nothing happens.
  15. barskin's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    2811b06c
    #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AyChyu View Post
    Awesome. I love the pro version. Can't seem to get it, yet, though. BB app world on my phone says it's not available for carrier billing yet (and I don't see a way to change my payment options), and from my laptop I click the dl button and nothing happens.
    I went to app world online a and updated my app world version. After it "refreshed" my app list on my device, TuneIn Pro was available to be reinstalled.
  16. branflakes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    #16  

    Default

    This wasn't on the list, but for those interested, AP Mobile (news app) was showing unavailable on my phone. Last night, though, I saw a a new "world version" in App World that is compatible and installed fine. The original still shows "unavailable" on my phone, though.
  17. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
    This wasn't on the list, but for those interested, AP Mobile (news app) was showing unavailable on my phone. Last night, though, I saw a a new "world version" in App World that is compatible and installed fine. The original still shows "unavailable" on my phone, though.
    Even after you click on it on your phone? There have been several apps of mine that became available but were still listed as "unavailable" under Uninstalled in App World on my phne. Yet when I clicked on them, there was a Reinstall button. Maybe it's the Beta Zone version of App World I'm running, but I'm not getting notifications when previously unavailable apps become available/installable.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  18. jh5292's Avatar
    CrackBerry Newbie

    Posts
    4 Posts
    #18  

    Default

    Add these to the list:

    Sharebuilder
    Ka-Glom
    Bubble Shooter
    Stitcher Radio
  19. branflakes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    #19  

    Default

    I have 3 sections under the My World area. "Installed", "Uninstalled" and "Unavailable". If it's in "Uninstalled", I can click those, and it'll tell me if there's a "re-install" option, or have a note about not being available yet. That's where I've been getting the updated versions.

    But, if I go to the "unavailable" section, I can't click on or do anything with those apps. That area lists Blackberry Protect, which can't be available, as it's baked in to OS7.

    Since you have the newer, beta version, I suspect the newer App World might do away with this "unavailable" section.

    AP Mobile is in the "unavailable" section. The installed "world" version I put on must be viewed as a different app. Silly, but doesn't really matter. Most of the "unavailable" apps are ones I had uninstalled from my 9800 long ago. Wouldn't want them if available. Just seems to be a listing of my history, really.
  20. E92Vancouver's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    765 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    #20  

    Default

    Slingplayer is not available.

    Apps on the 9810 are a bit of a joke. I think BB7 is the Windows ME of the smartphone industry. No one is going to spend time developing apps for BB7 because QNX is around the corner if RIM can survive that long.
    Torch 9810|Samsung Galaxy S4 |iPhone 6
  21. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #21  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jh5292 View Post
    Add these to the list:

    Sharebuilder
    Ka-Glom
    Bubble Shooter
    Stitcher Radio
    Thanks. Bubble Shooter is available, however. Stitcher Radio was never made available for OS 6, so like similar apps (e.g., NY Times), it doesn't get included on the list.

    Quote Originally Posted by E92Vancouver View Post
    Slingplayer is not available.
    Ditto for Slingplayer. It was never made for OS 6. Highly, highly unfortunate.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
  22. JasW's Avatar
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

    Posts
    5,274 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,094 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
    I have 3 sections under the My World area. "Installed", "Uninstalled" and "Unavailable". If it's in "Uninstalled", I can click those, and it'll tell me if there's a "re-install" option, or have a note about not being available yet. That's where I've been getting the updated versions.

    But, if I go to the "unavailable" section, I can't click on or do anything with those apps. That area lists Blackberry Protect, which can't be available, as it's baked in to OS7.

    Since you have the newer, beta version, I suspect the newer App World might do away with this "unavailable" section.

    AP Mobile is in the "unavailable" section. The installed "world" version I put on must be viewed as a different app. Silly, but doesn't really matter. Most of the "unavailable" apps are ones I had uninstalled from my 9800 long ago. Wouldn't want them if available. Just seems to be a listing of my history, really.
    Yep, the App World 3.0 beta doesn't break them down into "Unavailable" and "Uninstalled" -- they all get put into one "Uninstalled" category, where you can click and look at them. Then you see that they are either unavailable or are some crappy app that you uninstalled on your 9800 but which still follows you around in App World. I have a couple of 9800 themes in that list -- great!
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

    BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Thanked by:
    branflakes (08-31-2011) 
  23. branflakes's Avatar
    CrackBerry Addict

    Posts
    644 Posts
    #23  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    Yep, the App World 3.0 beta doesn't break them down into "Unavailable" and "Uninstalled" -- they all get put into one "Uninstalled" category, where you can click and look at them. Then you see that they are either unavailable or are some crappy app that you uninstalled on your 9800 but which still follows you around in App World. I have a couple of 9800 themes in that list -- great!

    Now, if App World would add the feature to delete the history of apps you really don't care to ever see again...
  24. AyChyu's Avatar
    CrackBerry User

    Posts
    76 Posts
    #24  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by barskin View Post
    I went to app world online a and updated my app world version. After it "refreshed" my app list on my device, TuneIn Pro was available to be reinstalled.
    I just went back onto app world and the reinstall option was there waiting for me. Cool!
  25. KeithRos12's Avatar
    CrackBerry Abuser

    Posts
    117 Posts
    #25  

    Default

    Also, do you mean Font Master? I don't know of/see any other font collection app in AppWorld. Also, the GPS Golf Range app (Swing by Swing) is a version 1.0.0 app that was never made available for OS 6 devices; those kinds of apps I'm eliminating since it's doubtful they'll be upgraded/made available.
    FontCollection came from the CB store. I went back there and it is no longer in their catalog. I guess I will cross that off my list.

    I had Swing by Swing working on my 9800 and had some hope that the dev would eventually update the app.

    Also got QuickPull from CB store. Interestingly this product is not in their catalog anymore either. So now I will have to buy from AW is I want to use it again.

    It s also interesting that the CB store says SmartWiFi is not available for my device. It is available on AW for the 9810. So why bother buying any apps from CB appstore (mobihand)?
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions