Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    PIN
    DEADBEEF

No problem. I installed it before I left the office today

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

"Reading the documentation fully is a prerequisite to getting help for your particular situation. I know it's harsh but you will have to get so far on your own before you can get reasonable help from a list full of busy people. A mailing list is not a tool to speed up your day by being spoon fed." -- Simon White
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Me too-but so far its a battery hog!
    CrackBerry User

not sure if it was this way before, but in several screens the track pad does not function, and I am unable to select suretype words using the trackpad. Not sure if this can be confirmed. I have rebooted several times and re-installed once.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I installed the Bell All Lang version last week. I have to say for me this is the most stable version, especially for calls. The last several upgrades I had so many dropped calls on a daily basis it wasn't evene funny. This version has had no dropped calls yet (hope I didn't jinx myself now). Battery life is still so-so. If I don't have too heavy a day I can last without a recharge before bed. Otherwise I have to recharge before going out at night.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Here is my "Updated review" from the other Cinci Bell thread. Just wanted to post it so that it may be of some help to anyone on here. In addition to the post here-I want to add that for whatever reason, my media player is much clearer and seems to be running better! It appears that this build might just be the one in that it is a "Bell" build (think AT&T) and therefore may not have the same mic issues that plagued the earlier non-AT&T builds. Keep your fingers crossed! Below from post yesterday--today remains the same re: battery life, etc. All great!
    "Hi All! Here is my 72 hr point by point update on the Cincinnati Bell .746 upgrade.
    * Downloaded and installed .746 on Friday afternoon--Nov 16th.
    *After deleting both Vendor.xml files from AT&T build (.694) I downloaded the .746; backed up and installed what I thought was the .746 upgrade--however, it did not install but rather updated the .694 build again (just copied over the same files).
    * Did another search and found to my surprise, a newly applied vendor.xml file only this time with the current date. Duh-when it upgraded, it dumped either the new AT&T vendor file back on, OR it may have been a vendor.xml file from the new upgrade. Regardless, I deleted it and dumped the recycle bin, and rebooted the PC (old habit and glad of it).
    *Apploader then saw the new upgrade and loaded it on.
    * Once loaded a rapid blinking yellow light wouldn't stop, so I deleted Advanced OS figuring it may be from that app, and it apparently was, as it stopped.
    *The initial battery life sucked to say the least--average between 6% and 27% drain, but, after a few battery pulls, it settled in and was back to normal 2.5% or less.
    * Reloaded the Advanced OS (only use it for battery monitor at this point as it is the only battery monitor that I've found that doesn't drain the battery-go figure--lol)
    * Advanced System / Battery Analyzer wasn't on the build automatically and I had to manually initialize it (ALT+BDBA)
    * Put on charger at 11pm Friday night.
    * Saturday, Nov 17th-- did a few battery pulls--battery remained about 2.5% with average usage throughout the day. 38% remaining at 11pm Sat night
    * Sunday Nov 18th--Removed from charger at 6:30am and ran it until 11pm last night with minimal usage throughout the day. When I put it on the charger at 11pm there was still 48% remaining on the monitor and the BA showed an average usage of 1.2% hr. This is by far the best battery drain I have ever had on any build.
    * I took it off of the charger at 7am this morning and as of 12:21 pm today, with a lot of usage (emails, texts, bbm, calendar entries, etc) there is still 87% remaining and average drain rate of 1.41%/hr.
    * Under “Issues with Device” it shows 21% remaining (not low on memory) but have never been sure if that means that there is 21% left or that I’ve only used/using 21%. Seems like this is a lot if its all that is left but it’s always been in that area. Did a battery pull when I took it off charger this am and everything remained the same except the memory went from 17% to 21%--like normal.
    All in all, it appears to be a great build and much faster browsing and app opening/etc. I am concerned about the “bad cities” but since I’m not traveling other than to Dallas over the next few months, I’m not worried currently about it. Might move to a hybrid later—just prior to my purchase of a new BB10—LOL--- Just wanted to post this update as it may be helpful to someone out there. Go1ndr".
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by strengr View Post
    not sure if it was this way before, but in several screens the track pad does not function, and I am unable to select suretype words using the trackpad. Not sure if this can be confirmed. I have rebooted several times and re-installed once.
    If you installed the UTS build, try re-installing the Cincinnati Bell version of this build. Better build with a newer date. I'm not sure what the difference is but there seems to be a difference from everyone's comments. Works great on my phone!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Try to find another 'vendor.xml'. I used Total Commander (form Ghisler.com) for searching file, and find another vendor.xml.
    Last edited by sucah; 11-21-2012 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Double posting
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcee_ View Post
    desktop manager won't detect this update for me. i keep deleting the vendor.xml files but still i cannot update. help?
    Try to find another 'vendor.xml'. I used Total Commander (from Ghisler.com), and find another vendor.xml.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Also dump your recycle bin after deleting the vendor.xml files, then for the heck of it, reboot your pc. There were three (3) on mine this time and the hidden one kept it from seeing the new build.
    CrackBerry Addict

Weird - I'm on .714 and this update file says it wasnt to downgrade the 7.1 core!!!!
    Date Apploader directory creation shows 12/12/2012 - yet vendor.xml is 26/10/2012 (thats fine) and other contents show 11/10/2011 (not fine) - and this is after a deletion of the Apploader directory and reinstalling the patch from start!!!!

Using 9810M_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.746_UTS. exe downloaded from here

Software Download for UTS

Downloading BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (Multilanguage)

Download Details
    Software Name: BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2108 (Multilanguage)
    File Name: 9810M_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.746_UTS. exe
    Download Size: 257 MB
    Language: English
    Published Date: 11/07/2012

Any other patches around to download?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hello everyone,

I just got a BB 9810 so I'm totally new to the BB world. I apologize in advance if I ask some obvious questions.

The BB is from Rogers but I've unlocked the phone and I'm using it on another network.

Its running on OS. 7.0 but I want to update it to the latest OS.

My questions is; can I update with it with the above update? Or do I need to search for the update specific to Rogers?

Also, how do I go about the update after downloading it.

Cheers!
    CrackBerry Addict

Hi, welcome onboard - yep should be able to use the above update.
    My phone is unlocked and on oracnge network and updates just fine :-)
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Actually the latest is 7.1.0.794, see the other thread for discussion then you can decide if you want to run the proven .746 or be a pioneer on .794
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

If you go with .746, then I would use the Cincinnati Bell download. Seems better from what I've read and I have it on my device, and it is very solid and stable build.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Awesome

This is one of the best versions of the OS that i have upgraded to.

Here are some of the best features:
    1. Speedy boot time about 1 minute to splash screen.
    I had persistant problems with the os 7.1.0.694 hanging 3/4 way through the boot process. (seems to have gone away now.)
    2. GPS seems to sync up faster now.
    Google Maps still is slow.
    3. WiFI hot spot works without a tethering plan on ATT.

Still has an issue under low light conditions where the cursor moves by itself. (I don't understand why they have not fixed that yet...)

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Well I am definitely going to try this out. AT&T's sucks (I knew we were all waiting for nothing special). Will get back to you guys when I find any goofs or glitches.
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Duplicate post--sorry!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 01-07-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Hey Troshs! How are you? You are going to love the .746 from Cincinnati Bell though they do not allow free hotspot (Bell/ATT one in the same so to speak). The UTS version or better yet, Mobilicity has a version of it that is most likley free like their .378 was. I have heard that the latest .794 from Star Hub is very stable and fast as well. I've been using .746 since the Cincinnati Bell version came out and I have zero complaints! Good luck and let us know what you do. Here is the link for it (.746 Mobilicity) : https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

Here's another good link to keep on your desktop so that you don't have to always look up the carriers. These are all the carriers in the world and their downloads. Good info from BB and most know about it, but rather than always going through the steps, this is an easy to get to shortcut: BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - Canada
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Well, go1nder, I'm doing as good as I can in this life. Hope you are well too.
    I disappeared for a while because I lost my internet/cable for a while, and I don't have unlimited data on the BB anymore. I actually decided to try and download StarHub's version, for some reason no matter what I did .746 wouldn't come up in my desktop manager as an option for OS load. It might have just been my ***** computer though...they've all been wacko because they are 4 months behind on updates hehe.

So I installed DM on my desktop computer that I just reacquired from my parents who got a new Windows 8 computer for Christmas...when the desktop is done being a pain in the wazoo, I'm going to load StarHub's update and see what that gives me. AT&T's update was working fine until I started seeing data charges whether I was on WIFI or not....and at one point I had my phone off and hooked up to the charger for a full day to prime my battery. I still noticed data charges for that whole day! Neither me or AT&T could figure it out, and so I downgraded to .378 for a few days, no problems, went back up to AT&T's updates and voila! More data charges. I downgraded back to .378 until I can get StarHub's working. I've spent hours on the phone with AT&T only for them to tell me they don't know what is going on, but all the while I'm still getting data charges (forgot to mention, I even put the SIM card into a non-smartphone and still had problems). Somehow though, going back to .378 has eliminated this ***** problem for now.
    Sorry for getting off topic, just pretty craptacular stuff
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Hey-check out your other post as I replied on that one. Hope its going better!!!!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default hi

i have same issue with my 9810, i upgraded to .714 and suddenly the trackpad refuse to copy or move left or right. but it clicks. i actually tot its a hardware issue but seeeing ur post me makes me feel its d upgrade. can someone help out pls. i am frustrated already
    CrackBerry Newbie

can we get the link for cincinnati upgrade please?

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    If you go with .746, then I would use the Cincinnati Bell download. Seems better from what I've read and I have it on my device, and it is very solid and stable build.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

Here are two links to keep on hand. The first is a must as it is constantly updated. It is an official BB carrier/OS list and once on it, you pick the carrier and click on it, follow the instructions and you'll get what you need. The link is: BlackBerry - Desktop & Device Software Download Sites for BlackBerry users - Canada
    The second is for Cincinnati Bell .746 (note: I actually switched to the Mobilicity .746 as it seemed a little less laggy--hourglasses on Cinci download but not with Mobilicity). Here is the link: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

Here is the Mobilicity .746 download site:
    https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...wseSoftware.do

You may have to just go to the main list and download as the addresses seem the same.

Good luck and try them both to make your own choice.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 03-01-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: updates
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts

PS: Mobilicity site address link for .746: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...B9D07943D855AB
    CrackBerry User

I just upgraded to the Cincinnati Bell version of 746 from the Vivo 7.1.0.569.

On T-Mobile USA, WiFi Calling worked on Vivo's 569. I haven't gotten WiFi Calling to work on Cincinnati's version of 746 (BIS and BES work over WiFi). WiFi Troubleshooting diagnostics give error W006.1.

Suggestions? Or should I switch to the Roger's version of 746?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast