Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest Official OS 7.1.0.746 for BlackBerry Torch 9810 from UTS

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    Don't know if Whatsapp suddenly got worse, but a number of people have had an issue with it being a battery hog on their phone. Not everyone is reporting that, but a few are. It's kind of weird how we can have identical phones but what works well and doesn't work well can vary phone to phone. It may be what else is loaded on the phone is causing a problem or maybe some residual coding left after deleting another app that Whatsapp doesn't like, but so far no one really knows. For me, the CB Forums app causes a problem on my phone with freezing and delay. It will work fine for a while and then within a week things start to go haywire. Rather than try to figure out what is causing all the problems, I just deleted the app and go into forums through the browser.
    I'm with you on the "Forum app". Caused freezing, battery drain and other issues. I now go through bookmark on browser if I have to go to it from the phone.Seldom use it from phone, honestly.
    What is "Imo and Hookt"? message apps??
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Both IMO and Hookt are messaging apps that are available on other platforms as well as BlackBerry. Never saw the need to put other messaging apps on my phone since I can put all my contacts in BBM. It doesn't matter what platform they are on, I send all messages through BBM. It just doesn't tell me if it has been delivered or read.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

Both IMO and Hookt are messaging apps that are available on other platforms as well as BlackBerry. Never saw the need to put other messaging apps on my phone since I can put all my contacts in BBM. It doesn't matter what platform they are on, I send all messages through BBM. It just doesn't tell me if it has been delivered or read.
    How do you talk to people in hookt, gtalk, yahoo, facebook, using BBM?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Agreed! All my messaging either goes through BBM or the messaging platform that comes with the phone. Never have been sure what it is but it works well. What I like about BBM is I can message certain people I want to have priority, that don't necessarly use BBM, on text, and have them set up to come in on BBM instead of the regular message icon/platform. Very helpful in case you get a lot of texts but are waiting for a particular one that is important. Ie: my wife-lol
    CrackBerry User

I installed this O.S today very pleased. But i've found a issue with this software, when I turn the phone landscape the screen doesn't rotate, has anyone else had issues? how do i solve this.. on os 7.1.0.714 everything worked perfectly fine, what's going on? please help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Cincinnati Bell has released this OS.

9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.7 46_Cincinnati_Bell_Inc.exe
    CrackBerry User

Can anyone comment on whether it's worth it to update from ATT hotspot friendly 378? I don't really use the hotspot feature, but the OS seems fine, and I'd rather not give up functionality. If the upgrade is a lot quicker, etc, I'd like to know.
    CrackBerry User

In my device, Device Analyzer is hidden again in the option.
    Alt-BBDA to enable.
    Thanked by:
    slotime (11-11-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

I was getting really good battery life for first day or so, using around 2% per hour, last day or so its been 5% per hour and as far as I know nothing has changed.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

LOL! No that question should have died with .378. And most likely this will have the microphone issue. All builds except the one released by ATT, the .694 do have the mic issue, but one can hope against all odds that this build is the other exception. I would install and test it myself except my home area has no problems with any of the builds and I won't be traveling to a known problem area for quite a while.
    Greetings ! u know guys, i had the same problem with wifi hotspot, say "had" because finally i fixed the problem. i dont know were are you guys, but i live in Dominican Republic and my carrier is Claro Dominicana, and on saturday i went to a service center of the carrier and talked with the representant about this wifi hotspot issue. The dude called to antoher service center and they fixed the problem, just in 3 minutes, and im not paying one dime extra for the service. I dont know if u have to pay for the wifi hotspot service in another country, but the dude said to me that if i have an internet full data plan, the hotspot runs for free. My advice: You should take a walk by one of the service centers of whoever your carrier is and have a talk about it with a representant, to see if u have the same luck i had. the dude said to me that it was a bad configuration so maybe with one of u it could be the same too. Good luck to all. Peace.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

really? I have OS 7.1.0.267 on Bell
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    How do you talk to people in hookt, gtalk, yahoo, facebook, using BBM?
    You misread my post, I think. I said that I put all my contacts in BBM no matter what platform they are on...platform referring to the type of operating system they are running...iOS, Android, Symbian, etc. I don't talk to them from BBM to their hookt as far as I can tell. I just enter the contact into my BBM list and send.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,803 Global Posts

You misread my post, I think. I said that I put all my contacts in BBM no matter what platform they are on...platform referring to the type of operating system they are running...iOS, Android, Symbian, etc. I don't talk to them from BBM to their hookt as far as I can tell. I just enter the contact into my BBM list and send.
    So you are doing it all by phone number and I'm guessing those become sms text messages? A lot of my contacts are international so using the social networks is free, otherwise I'd be paying for international texts.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Lightbulb Re: Latest Official OS 7.1.0.746 for BlackBerry Torch 9810 from UTS

Quote Originally Posted by mrharrisparks View Post
    Cincinnati Bell has released this OS.

9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.7 46_Cincinnati_Bell_Inc.exe
    This is an official release per the website. Has anyone tried this Cincinnati Bell download for .746 yet. Being "Bell" it may not have the mic issues for those of us that are AT&T! Curious if anyone as downloaded it as opposed to the release from UTS? Can anyone using the "Bell" release, please respond.
    Thank you!

Scratch this post! It is the same version/OS as the UTS version. Same number-My bad and my apology!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 11-13-2012 at 05:06 PM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

desktop manager won't detect this update for me. i keep deleting the vendor.xml files but still i cannot update. help?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

This has been the best update yet for me. Phone is running amazingly quick and although I haven't done any actual monitoring, the battery life seems to have improved. Might be because I upgraded via CrackMem perhaps, where I deleted some of the useless rubbish that weighed down my previous OS upgrades.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tcee_ View Post
    desktop manager won't detect this update for me. i keep deleting the vendor.xml files but still i cannot update. help?
    Use the AppLoader to install the upgrade not DM. Also for the heck of it, do a complete search on your PC using the menu button, for vendor.xml and see if its hiding anywhere, including your recycle bin. If so delete them and delete them from the recycle bin as well. I did a search like that (suggested by someone on here) and found 4 extra vendor.xml files from previous downloads that I thought I had deleted. Then use the apploader to install the upgrade. Good luck and keep us posted.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It's the same version, but the UTS one is Multi-language only. The Bell version is All Language.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    308 Global Posts

Hmm, updated and all is well, except - I have noticed them when I am connected via wifi, certain urls don't work inthe browser, mainly m.crackberry.com and another mobile site link. The bug is only with wifi, and not when I am connected through cellular data. If I turn off wifi, it works fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Any solution?
    Last edited by MusicMtl; 11-15-2012 at 06:45 AM. Reason: typo
    CrackBerry User

It appears that Rogers has officially released this version 7.1.0 Bundle 2108
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Don't expect that AT&T will release it, as they just released .694 a month ago. Maybe by the time the BB10 comes out, they'll do it-lol!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Tested this one for about a week. Still seems to be a battery hog to me.
    Rolled back to 658, the best battery life so far
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Just heard from a true GURU on here that the Cincinnati Bell download is much better and a newer version of the this build.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    PIN
    DEADBEEF

Is this along the lines of the "fat" vs. "thin" sfi that the 9900-ers were talking about in the BL Returns thread? Or is it, as I've always suspected, a few option settings that are tweaked more for one carrier vs. another?

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

"Reading the documentation fully is a prerequisite to getting help for your particular situation. I know it's harsh but you will have to get so far on your own before you can get reasonable help from a list full of busy people. A mailing list is not a tool to speed up your day by being spoon fed." -- Simon White
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hytran View Post
    Is this along the lines of the "fat" vs. "thin" sfi that the 9900-ers were talking about in the BL Returns thread? Or is it, as I've always suspected, a few option settings that are tweaked more for one carrier vs. another?
    I was told that the sfi/OS on the Cincinnati Bell version has a different date, and additional data and works, as he put it--waaaaaay better. I know nothing more about it but I'm going to follow his advise and load it on my 9810. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast