Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    CrackBerry User

It could be a coincidence, but following updating to 794, Vlingo stopped working for me. Upon installing Vlingo it finds the network connection and then tries to verify a connection to vlingo's servers, at which point it fails with the message "Sorry, the Vlingo servers are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." It could be that the Vlingo servers are down. I'll keep trying to connect.

So far I've tried Vlingo's help suggestions, with verifying the connection, trying a different connection protocol, and re-sending service books. I've also done a few battery pulls and re-installed vlingo. Has anyone else had similar problems on 794?
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    I dont know if it is just me but I tried to install this OS .794 plain without any mixes or additions to it. I immediately noticed that the signal lock was good< however I have seen temps So high its a suprise my phone has not gone up in flames. More than 40degrees. Average running temps are 30 to 43degrees. I havent seen a lower temps than 25degrees. Should I be concerned? I thought .746 was hot but this particular OS is the hottest I have ever encountered. Is it just me or are there similar reports from others?
    Hi Phly_kid. Ever since you asked about the temperature (you may remember my earlier reply when I said I didn't follow battery temperature much), I've been watching my battery temp. Mine is steady at 71 degrees, but today, after I finished browsing the CB site (LOL!!) I noted my battery was at 83 degrees. Granted, it is 80 degrees here now but that seemed a bit hot. Now I'm wondering if that's hot after seeing your post above!
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Thanks Don_Henry! That is very promising news! Did you notice anything major league different between .746 and .794? I know your running a hybrid, but any stock stuff that seems different. Its probably hard to tell if its faster or how the battery drain is, as I know the hybrid your using is on steroids-lol-but just wondering about the other stuff. Thanks-Go1ndr.
    Hi go1ndr! .794 seems to be a bit better for me than .746. I feel that the browsing is faster and the carrier signal is very steady. It was worth it to download. I have noticed also that phone bootup from reset or full power off is fast. Hope this helps.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BBNewB5 View Post
    Hi Phly_kid. Ever since you asked about the temperature (you may remember my earlier reply when I said I didn't follow battery temperature much), I've been watching my battery temp. Mine is steady at 71 degrees, but today, after I finished browsing the CB site (LOL!!) I noted my battery was at 83 degrees. Granted, it is 80 degrees here now but that seemed a bit hot. Now I'm wondering if that's hot after seeing your post above!
    Hey BBNewB5! Hows it going? Any bad areas with regards to mic issues for you in San Antonio? Thanks, Go1ndr
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,931 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Hey BBNewB5! Hows it going? Any bad areas with regards to mic issues for you in San Antonio? Thanks, Go1ndr
    Hey there! No problems with mic at all-as a matter of fact, I was in the basement of a steel and limestone building the other day when my phone rang. Not only was my signal good (3 bars out of 5), but I had no issues hearing or being heard! The caller even heard the metal door hit me!! LOL. Happy Holidays, friend!
    Blacklatino and Mecca EL like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    It could be a coincidence, but following updating to 794, Vlingo stopped working for me. Upon installing Vlingo it finds the network connection and then tries to verify a connection to vlingo's servers, at which point it fails with the message "Sorry, the Vlingo servers are temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." It could be that the Vlingo servers are down. I'll keep trying to connect.

So far I've tried Vlingo's help suggestions, with verifying the connection, trying a different connection protocol, and re-sending service books. I've also done a few battery pulls and re-installed vlingo. Has anyone else had similar problems on 794?
    Hi Beauw, Its a known issue that Vlingo doesn't work well with the 7.1 higher version builds. There is a thread or post on here that addresses these issues and says that a poster contacted the app maker and they said that it didn't work well with 7.1. Hopefully they will fix it. In the meantime you may want to look at "SayIt" which is a similar app that won application of the year last year with BB. A young man in Viet Nam developed it and it costs $4.99 (little high) but works very well. Check it out--I had it on my phone for a while but ended up never using either of them so I uninstalled them. Still worth a look. Its on AppWorld at: Search Results for "say it" - BlackBerry App World I think overall Vlingo Pro (or Plus) is better and hopefully they will get the issues fixed though I'm sure they are concentrating on BB10 apps. Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    beauw (12-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thanks, go1ndr. I wasn't aware of Vlingo's problems with 7.1, but now that you mention it, it does seem that I've had issues from time to time with other 7.1 versions. I'll take a look at Say It.
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-18-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by BBNewB5 View Post
    You have your degrees in Fahrenheit and not Celcius. According to my friend google, 83 Fahrenheit is equal to 28 Degrees Celcius. If i had that i'd be very content. Mine is 12 degrees hotter. 40 degrees celcius and above. even up to 43 degrees celcius above which is 109.4 degrees fahrenheit. You can now see why i'm concerned. Either way i reverted to .714 OS for now and using a hybrid so temps are around your average temps.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,328 Global Posts

You have your degrees in Fahrenheit and not Celcius. According to my friend google, 83 Fahrenheit is equal to 28 Degrees Celcius. If i had that i'd be very content. Mine is 12 degrees hotter. 40 degrees celcius and above. even up to 43 degrees celcius above which is 109.4 degrees fahrenheit. You can now see why i'm concerned. Either way i reverted to .714 OS for now and using a hybrid so temps are around your average temps.
    Sounds like your battery is about to give up the ghost. Take your battery out of your phone, and lay it on a flat surface. If your battery doesn't lay flat, it's time to replace it. If you're using a battery from an after market vendor, replace it with the factory battery, and check your temps.

Also, are you using the correct usb charger? Keep in mind, our phones have a rated amperage of recharging. Too small of an amperage is just as bad as too high of an amperage, when recharging our phones. So its not ok to use another usb charger, just because the plug fits.

I've had batteries turn near-oval on me, after many years of great service. Could be from an OS of ill repute. But then everyone else would be experiencing those same issues. If you have any battery monitoring apps, or any apps that attack your cpu, requiring priority over standard resources, delete them and see if that reduces your reported temps.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Mine is running between 22c and 27c. Most of the time it's 22 or 23 with occasional increases.

I wonder if it's particular apps mixed with the latest builds causing high cpu usage and hence higher temperatures.

Mainly I'm running Hookt, Facebook, Imo, twitter, theweathernetwork. Occasionally google maps, bb maps and traffic.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

What gets to me is the stuff I run is way below par to what most people run so in essence i should be getting the best results. Facebook twitter and whatsapp are the main ones. The extras are apps like podtrapper, sugarsync, uc browser, fighting words, meterberry, advance os, bible & ddnotes. Now ddnotes is for taking notes, too small tro do any impact even if left all day, Sugarsync i hardly use unless i want to upload something to share. fightin' words i do use it but not that much, uc browser only whenm i download something attimes and internal browser is very stable that i hardly use it too, podtrapper only to get podcats, checks only twice a week and get the 15mb podcasts.
    Only got the phone 4 months ago and was told battery is new, it looks new and put on the surface its flat so it has not balooned or anything.
    thats why i'm so stumped

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry User

Loaded it and ver 3 works great but it doesn't offer me the upgrade. Thanks!
    Thanks to everyone for the Google Maps tips. Loading V3 worked for me. I didn't get offered the upgrade from the app either. Instead, I went to the Google Mobile site (google "google mobile") and downloaded the latest version from there.
    CrackBerry User

I had memory issues with .746. Only about 110MB free after a QuickPull, and then without 24 hours would be down by 20-50MB. So far .794 better (over 130MB for 12 hours), but only more time will tell.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

What gets to me is the stuff I run is way below par to what most people run so in essence i should be getting the best results. Facebook twitter and whatsapp are the main ones. The extras are apps like podtrapper, sugarsync, uc browser, fighting words, meterberry, advance os, bible & ddnotes. Now ddnotes is for taking notes, too small tro do any impact even if left all day, Sugarsync i hardly use unless i want to upload something to share. fightin' words i do use it but not that much, uc browser only whenm i download something attimes and internal browser is very stable that i hardly use it too, podtrapper only to get podcats, checks only twice a week and get the 15mb podcasts.
    Only got the phone 4 months ago and was told battery is new, it looks new and put on the surface its flat so it has not balooned or anything.
    thats why i'm so stumped
    Whatsapp is the one that people are often posting on here as a hog, and I found same, try turning it off for a while and see what difference you get. I found I could get all my non bb contacts between Hookt and Imo instead.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

phly_kid, you might want to delete your apps and then see if your temperature problem is resolved. If it does, then one of your apps is the problem. Just add them manually one by one, testing after each addition. You will discover your culprit.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Sounds like your battery is about to give up the ghost. Take your battery out of your phone, and lay it on a flat surface. If your battery doesn't lay flat, it's time to replace it. If you're using a battery from an after market vendor, replace it with the factory battery, and check your temps.

Also, are you using the correct usb charger? Keep in mind, our phones have a rated amperage of recharging. Too small of an amperage is just as bad as too high of an amperage, when recharging our phones. So its not ok to use another usb charger, just because the plug fits.

I've had batteries turn near-oval on me, after many years of great service. Could be from an OS of ill repute. But then everyone else would be experiencing those same issues. If you have any battery monitoring apps, or any apps that attack your cpu, requiring priority over standard resources, delete them and see if that reduces your reported temps.
    I'm using a samsung charger since sept 2011 :/

Temperatures are normal between 28 and 33 degrees
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

I live in a pretty much hot country but it has 4 seasons like most other countries. Strange thing is, even though the phone was not brand new when I got, I noticed it was getting pretty warm real quick, It would get very hot when i'm using it and charging it at the same time. I figured maybe coz i was a new user and i'm exploring all the features that could explain the extreme temps that are at the bottom of the phone while the battery itself is cool. Other than that no other issues. The charger is a genuine blackberry charger that charges the phone very quick. Not abnormally quick though but just as a legit BB charger would. I have seen temps of even 14degrees celcius when I have left the phone overnite on the side table. Even trying hybrids I would notice improvements and I got used to gauge how to mix the hybrids with the OS that are cooler i.e Vodafone large .717 OS. I even began to think that these high temps are the cause of my high ADR. Perhaps its just a phone hardware issue however i will take time out after new years to install apps 1 by 1 and see if that helps. right now its almost christmas time and i cant afford to have a non function phone in this festive season. If all else fails I will just try manage the heat with cooler OS and better SFI's so that there is less of the phone looking and quick locking to a signal.

CrackBerry User

Coming from .576, ive noticed the switch application now has "switch application" as a header. customizable LED colors(red, green, blue, orange, purple and yellow) built right in from the profile options menus. My carrier is MTS (riding Rogers Wireless network) and now have the option of H+/3G but the phone can't keep locked to one or the other. H+ usually comes on when I use browser if it was on 3G but no real noticeable speed increase however coming from my 9800 to 9810 on the same network there was so I just thought my carrier wants it to say 3G. Battery life nothing out of the norm over the past several days. Boot time is a little quicker but fresh OS usually does that. Nothing really else noted as of now. Good OS in my opinion.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just upgraded from .746 and this version is definitely giving me better battery life. All applications I normally use are working fine. FB and Browser are still too slow for my liking. I'm not sure about quality of call signal as the last several versions have been a problem. A lot of that has to do with the problems with the three carriers here in Thailand, although now that they are officially supposed to be rolling out 3G on a proper frequency and with the right equipment lets see if it improves in the coming months.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

whats new bout.794 and is the battery life better ... anyone ??
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by ladeberry View Post
    whats new bout.794 and is the battery life better ... anyone ??
    Yes, the battery life is better
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

Quote Originally Posted by marcati View Post
    Yes, the battery life is better
    yeah thanks just loaded it, and so far the battery life is marginally better, i hope it fixes my daily freezing issue i had with the prior version i had.. fingers crossed
    curve8310--curve8900--tour9650--curve8520-bold9780--torch9810--Playbook 32gb-Q10
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

I live in a pretty much hot country but it has 4 seasons like most other countries. Strange thing is, even though the phone was not brand new when I got, I noticed it was getting pretty warm real quick, It would get very hot when i'm using it and charging it at the same time. I figured maybe coz i was a new user and i'm exploring all the features that could explain the extreme temps that are at the bottom of the phone while the battery itself is cool. Other than that no other issues. The charger is a genuine blackberry charger that charges the phone very quick. Not abnormally quick though but just as a legit BB charger would. I have seen temps of even 14degrees celcius when I have left the phone overnite on the side table. Even trying hybrids I would notice improvements and I got used to gauge how to mix the hybrids with the OS that are cooler i.e Vodafone large .717 OS. I even began to think that these high temps are the cause of my high ADR. Perhaps its just a phone hardware issue however i will take time out after new years to install apps 1 by 1 and see if that helps. right now its almost christmas time and i cant afford to have a non function phone in this festive season. If all else fails I will just try manage the heat with cooler OS and better SFI's so that there is less of the phone looking and quick locking to a signal.
    in my case it only gets hot when i charge it with my playbook charger, but when i use the older bb chargers(that came with my old bb9780) the phone temperature is normal......
    curve8310--curve8900--tour9650--curve8520-bold9780--torch9810--Playbook 32gb-Q10
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    PIN
    281FC227

Installed last night without any glitches. Restored everything even Google Maps 4.5.3. Performance seems better in navigation of homescreen and menus. With the number of apps I have installed it still left me with over 100MB of application storage.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Happy New Year Everyone! Has anyone experienced any mic issues with this build yet? I haven't read of any but it may have just gone un-noticed. Can anyone who has experienced any mic issues, please post on this thread? Thanks!
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast