Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    I' ve read that Google Maps does not play well with 7.1 (newer builds) and that there have been some issues. I would honestly completely delete the app (not just uninstall it) from App Manager and re-install from appworld via the usb link to pc/AppWorld. If it still doesn't work, BB maps is very good and works well with BB Traffic.
    I've been using google maps with each 7.1 beta and official release, with no problems. I've tried deleting the application and installed from a couple of sources, it's not available in AppWorld btw. BB maps doesn't overlay traffic to the map, and that's where the combo fails me. Trying to pick an alternate route to avoid city traffic jams is easy when you can see at a glance what the options are.

The failure is consistent in reports from users with various blackberries, os's and geographies. While waiting for the Terms and Conditions to load, it prompts to exit and restart.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jalahandro View Post
    I've been using google maps with each 7.1 beta and official release, with no problems. I've tried deleting the application and installed from a couple of sources, it's not available in AppWorld btw. BB maps doesn't overlay traffic to the map, and that's where the combo fails me. Trying to pick an alternate route to avoid city traffic jams is easy when you can see at a glance what the options are.

The failure is consistent in reports from users with various blackberries, os's and geographies. While waiting for the Terms and Conditions to load, it prompts to exit and restart.
    Jalahandro: I wonder if you can sideload it and have it work. I found this link on the web that may be of some help. I did have it on my 9810 but removed it when I did a wipe and didn't try to reinstall it and probably won't at this time. In fact, wonder if I even can--humm! Anyway, read through this link from another forum and see if it is of any help. Keep us posted as many have this issue. Thanks and good luck! Google Groups

PS: just saw a lot of posts about it under "apps" on this forum. Check this string out on your problem and then check out the forum post under BlackBerry Apps above entitled Google Maps (or something like that) and look at this post(s): http://forums.crackberry.com/general...0/#post7778848
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-14-2012 at 03:13 PM. Reason: additional info
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Any Mic Issues Yet??
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    CrackBerry Newbie

Can I download it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,905 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

None here, but I'm not in a "bad city".
    Z10| AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,877 Global Posts

Is this worth the upgrade from .746? I wouldn't want to risk losing Google Maps unless .794 is a genuine improvement.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by rgshah3 View Post
    Worked great! To summarize the steps from the other thread:
    1. Download the zip file for Google Maps v3 to your PC
    2. Extract the zip file and copy the extracted folder to your device's media card
    3. Open the Media Folder, then choose Explore from the menu option
    4. Browse for the folder location and select GoogleMap-v3.jad
    5. Run version 3, decline the upgrade to version 4.5.3 and accept the terms
    6. Exit Google Maps, run again and allow the upgrade to 4.5.3.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-17-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hokie123 View Post
    Worked great! To summarize the steps from the other thread:
    1. Download the zip file for Google Maps v3 to your PC
    2. Extract the zip file and copy the extracted folder to your device's media card
    3. Open the Media Folder, then choose Explore from the menu option
    4. Browse for the folder location and select GoogleMap-v3.jad
    5. Run version 3, decline the upgrade to version 4.5.3 and accept the terms
    6. Exit Google Maps, run again and allow the upgrade to 4.5.3.
    Loaded it and ver 3 works great but it doesn't offer me the upgrade. Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    satchit (12-16-2012) 
    satchit likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9

Uninstalled the previous version & done as mentioned , working fine
    thanx
    Loaded it and ver 3 works great but it doesn't offer me the upgrade. Thanks!
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip. I just installed 4.x from the web and it upgraded perfectly.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

We' ve been off topic for a while- anybody in known bad mic cities have any issues yet? With the holiday travel upon us, prior to upgrading to this build, it would great to hear if anyone is experiencing any problems. Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,877 Global Posts

So I bit the bullet and upgraded today. It was a bit of a rocky upgrade (Took me a while to wipe the device, then AppLoader wasn't detecting the USB port, and for some bizarre reason only half of my third-party apps were backed up but most of them weren't important) but I figured it out and all is running pretty well now.

However, I ran into an unexpected problem. I mentioned earlier I was worried about Google Maps not working, but the workaround works fine. But another Google service I use has decided to kick the bucket - my calendar sync. I used to sync my calender through GMail on BIS (Never used the Google Sync app so I hope this isn't related to the recent lack of support for it). So I was expecting it to re-sync once I upgraded the OS and all would be well, but that hasn't happened - all of my events are on GMail but refuse to sync with my phone. Anyone have any idea what I can do?

EDIT: I just went into the e-mail setup, it asked me for my password to begin Calendar sync. I entered it, but then I got this error: "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again." Could this mean the sync is dead for good?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Yes, it's done On the main Crackberry pages, there's an article referring to this. You can sync personal calendars through BIS, but if you have multiple calendars (as I have) you're in trouble. I downloaded an app (Calendar Sync for Yahoo) as I'm with Rogers (essentially a yahoo email account), and it works great. Otherwise, options seem limited if any. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,877 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npisano View Post
    Yes, it's done On the main Crackberry pages, there's an article referring to this. You can sync personal calendars through BIS, but if you have multiple calendars (as I have) you're in trouble. I downloaded an app (Calendar Sync for Yahoo) as I'm with Rogers (essentially a yahoo email account), and it works great. Otherwise, options seem limited if any. Good luck.
    I only have one calendar on GMail however. I guess it's dead altogether now? I suppose I could live with keeping the calendar offline, on my phone, I just appreciated having an online version to sync with just in case. Now I'll have to transfer everything I had there to my phone manually.
    Passport (10.3.0.1154) | Z30 (10.2.1.3337) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you only have your main calendar on gmail, you should be OK. Set up your gmail account on your phone. Then, under synchronization options, make sure calendar is checked and it should sync. It's only if you have additional calendars that it's a problem.
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Latest Official 9810 OS 7.1.0.794 from StarHub

For go1ndr and anyone else wondering: I have just successfully used the .794 sfi on an ATT network call from Denver - a known city that had the ATT "mic issue" problem - so this OS does not appear to have the problem.

I am testing a hybrid based on the .794 sfi - but the stock StarHub OS should operate the same.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 - 10.3.0.1154 - work and personal
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-17-2012) 
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Thanks Don_Henry! That is very promising news! Did you notice anything major league different between .746 and .794? I know your running a hybrid, but any stock stuff that seems different. Its probably hard to tell if its faster or how the battery drain is, as I know the hybrid your using is on steroids-lol-but just wondering about the other stuff. Thanks-Go1ndr.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thanks Don_Henry! That is very promising news! Did you notice anything major league different between .746 and .794? I know your running a hybrid, but any stock stuff that seems different. Its probably hard to tell if its faster or how the battery drain is, as I know the hybrid your using is on steroids-lol-but just wondering about the other stuff. Thanks-Go1ndr.
    Hey guy - the hybrid I am testing is Mecca's latest creation - so far the drain rate is incredibly low - fast UI - only been running it since yesterday afternoon, but so far it is stellar. As soon as he releases it, I will be glad to help you get in on your device (as we discussed via PM).

I have not seen any differences in OS operation or anything else compared to .694 . . .
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,877 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by npisano View Post
    If you only have your main calendar on gmail, you should be OK. Set up your gmail account on your phone. Then, under synchronization options, make sure calendar is checked and it should sync. It's only if you have additional calendars that it's a problem.
    That's odd, because I've made sure Calendar is checked under Synchronization Options but the Calendar still refuses to sync. And I keep getting that server error whenever re-entering the email setup. I tried it out on my PlayBook and it syncs perfectly.
    Passport (10.3.0.1154) | Z30 (10.2.1.3337) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1, Lumia Cyan) | Surface Pro 3 (256GB i5)
    CrackBerry Addict

With all due respect - could you move the discussions about Google calendar and sync problems to the thread about that - people are trying to use this .794 thread to learn about this new OS . .
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,877 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Henry View Post
    With all due respect - could you move the discussions about Google calendar and sync problems to the thread about that - people are trying to use this .794 thread to learn about this new OS . .
    My apologies, you're absolutely right. I've moved my concerns here.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Henry View Post
    Hey guy - the hybrid I am testing is Mecca's latest creation - so far the drain rate is incredibly low - fast UI - only been running it since yesterday afternoon, but so far it is stellar. As soon as he releases it, I will be glad to help you get in on your device (as we discussed via PM).

I have not seen any differences in OS operation or anything else compared to .694 . . .
    Hey buddy! Sounds great! I'm out of town (but not out of reach) from the 20th through the 30th but will probably load it after I return. By then there may even be something new. I did see another thread (don't remember what about right now) that the poster's signature was "9940 running OS 8.2.0.446. I replied to it asking if it was for the 9900 phones and what carrier released it. Not sure if it was BS or not but probably was, as I couldn't find anything else on it. Talk soon!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

I dont know if it is just me but I tried to install this OS .794 plain without any mixes or additions to it. I immediately noticed that the signal lock was good< however I have seen temps So high its a suprise my phone has not gone up in flames. More than 40degrees. Average running temps are 30 to 43degrees. I havent seen a lower temps than 25degrees. Should I be concerned? I thought .746 was hot but this particular OS is the hottest I have ever encountered. Is it just me or are there similar reports from others?
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Hey Phly_kid: That's scary! on .746 mine runs about 22 celsius/ 71F. Sometimes a little higher if I'm on it a lot, but never more than 83-FI would think with a lot of use and especially in a hot area, that could fry something! Not sure what avg should be though I did see it on a post sometime ago. Maybe a few battery pulls or a reload is in order. I'm not moving yet, that's for sure--more due to waiting to hear on mic issues--and--if it isn't a lot more than .746, may wait and do a hybrid from Mecca. Keep us posted.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast