Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest Official OS 7.1.0.794 for BlackBerry Torch 9810 from StarHub

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2218 (All Languages)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2218
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.794
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.571
    File name: 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2218_PL5.1.0.571_A7.1.0.7 94_StarHub_Ltd.exe
    File size: 281MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    Last edited by rroyy; 03-30-2013 at 07:00 AM.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    Thanked by 6:
    Azensun (12-12-2012),  BigBadWulf (12-13-2012),  blockbuy (12-12-2012),  djenkins6 (12-12-2012),  go1ndr (12-14-2012),  Sahara9810 (03-08-2013) 
    Blacklatino, hytran and blockbuy like this.
    CrackBerry Addict

hey I'll try this one - just did a security wipe as .746 wouldnt install - so what the ****!!! :-)
    CrackBerry Addict

same happens when i run loader.exe here too as per the .746 version
    the installer runs but doesnt show up the core 7.1 components, jsut shows the installed apps page with an option to remove etc. If I select as is (ie no change) then next screen just says all completed - in other words the installer isnt picking up the new version somehow.

only 1 vendor.xml on the whole system (windows 7 and have done patches on this machine before) and that was deleted. Have run the patch again to repair and remove and run ccleaner, registry cleaner etc. Still comes up the same.

So what on the PC should I be looking for???

Phone defo says .714

ta
    bb
    CrackBerry Addict

just launched the same installer on a windows 8 machine - again - no mention of the core components - just wants me to work on the installed apps.

Not feelingt he love with my 9810 and patching right now :-(
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Downloaded and installed on two 9810's.

Everything ok except lost bbm chat history. Not sure how to keep chat history between upgrades... BBM Contacts were deleted during the upgrade and restored automatically after upon entering BBID, discovered there is no backup and restore option in BBM7, just the contacts are backed up automatically by BBM7 using BBID.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts

Blockbuy, elementary I know, but did you delete/empty your recycle bin? This happened to me one time during an upgrade and couldn't find any Vendor.xml files on my computer but they were in my recycle bin. I dumped the recycle bin and restarted my computer and then it saw the upgrade download and installed it. Also I now use the removal file "vendelete" that you can get from these forums. I don't have the link but will post it after this.

Just for the heck of it, do a full search using your start button and go to advanced and click on "computer". That does an in depth search of the pc. It's hiding somewhere or it would show the install and sometimes the new download adds their (new OS) Vendor.xml file as well.

Lastly if nothing is there, you can do a complete wipe using BBSAK after backing ALL your files up using DM; then-- do another vendor search and finally open apploader and install. I know AppLoader does a wipe but BBSAK gets all the cods and takes it to the 507 message. At that point you have a brand new phone with no OS. Totally clean so to speak. Then after download, do the re-install and then restore from BBDM. If you have already done this, I appologize and even though you have probably done it, maybe someone on here didn't know this and it will help them. I'll post the Vendelete.exe file (dos file) as soon as I find the link. Good Luck!

Edit: Here is the Vendelete+ link to the page that explains it and has download on it. Great little timesaver program. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-files-709738/
    PS: Blockbuy--just reread and saw you were using W8 so I don't know if any of this search info would apply. My apologies if it won't.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 12-12-2012 at 02:36 PM. Reason: Info added
    Thanked by:
    blockbuy (12-12-2012) 
    Azensun and blockbuy like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

I always run vendelete - if you are on windows 8, to run vendelete you have to right click, run as administration, and proceed past the warnings.
    Thanked by:
    blockbuy (12-12-2012) 
    blockbuy likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

oh man - than you.

Had been searching for the elusive 2nd vendor.xml file and assumed as search results said no then it wasnt there - that tool found him in a hidden directory!!!!!

boom straight into the install no problem whatsoever - again thanks :-)

for ref using windows 7 and windows 8 machines. workls great on the windows 7 one, will try next update on windows 8.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-12-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blockbuy View Post
    oh man - than you.

Had been searching for the elusive 2nd vendor.xml file and assumed as search results said no then it wasnt there - that tool found him in a hidden directory!!!!!

boom straight into the install no problem whatsoever - again thanks :-)

for ref using windows 7 and windows 8 machines. workls great on the windows 7 one, will try next update on windows 8.
    So glad we could all be of help on here! That is the coolest thing about these forums compared to others (including BB's own forums), is that with the exception of a few trolls on here, the majority want to be of help to each other. I cannot imagine what I would have done over the years if it hadn't been for CB's forums. The pros and cons of having a BB is that it is more like a computer than a phone and with that comes upgrades and issues from time to time. Also, many, many thanks go out to all the guys that work so hard on the leaked versions and the hybrids and of course the apps. So appreciated! So now that you are up and running, disregard the other threads I posted on for you blockbuy, as it is a done deal. Keep us posted on how it runs, etc. and thanks! Go1ndr
    Thanked by:
    blockbuy (12-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

too right - it's a great ecohub here. I've had a few BB's over the years and this is the first patch that stumped me.

Interesting going into App World it says downloading latest version of BB ID
    CrackBerry Addict

restart seems much quicker
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blockbuy View Post
    restart seems much quicker
    The BBID is a new deal that came with another update. It's no biggie and just updates BBM for the BBM7 upgrade which now has voice calling anywhere in the world! Very cool for friends/family that use BBM--not impt if they don't have BBM or a BB phone.
    So which upgrade build did you finally upgrade to? .746 or .794 that just came out? Keep us posted as to how it performs.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

go1ndr, you're awesome!!
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-12-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Bridged email on the playbook side now shows a button to get images and it works. I didn't change the version of bb bridge software, just updated the phone to .794
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (12-12-2012) 
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Can't wait to see the performance on this one, although I had to give up a beloved hybrid to try it out.
    Just wish I shrunk it down a bit before I got going. Oh well. *Sigh*
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,329 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by djenkins6 View Post
    Bridged email on the playbook side now shows a button to get images and it works. I didn't change the version of bb bridge software, just updated the phone to .794
    That's good info. Thanks!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    The BBID is a new deal that came with another update. It's no biggie and just updates BBM for the BBM7 upgrade which now has voice calling anywhere in the world! Very cool for friends/family that use BBM--not impt if they don't have BBM or a BB phone.
    So which upgrade build did you finally upgrade to? .746 or .794 that just came out? Keep us posted as to how it performs.
    yeah - already had BBID integration - strange how after the .794 when going back into appworld/bbm it went off and checked versions :-)

running well at the moment - then again after a security wipe the phone always run faster until I bloat it out :-)

Enjoy

bb
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

For those of you running it, how does it fare in the temps and battery departments. Any new features or improvements. Currently running a hybrid and don't wanna jump ship unless this runs super smooth then i can use it as a base or even as it is.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,804 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    For those of you running it, how does it fare in the temps and battery departments. Any new features or improvements. Currently running a hybrid and don't wanna jump ship unless this runs super smooth then i can use it as a base or even as it is.
    Running nicely for me, 23C to 26C and 2% an hour battery drain for me. But the previous build was also giving me 2% an hour for first day then got worse so we'll have to see.
    Thanked by 2:
    Phly_kid (12-14-2012),  todbanner (12-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

My 9810 keeps locking up on me and I have to take the battery out constantly to reboot it (and the life span of the battery really sucks). I wanted to upgrade to the 9860 but rogers here in Ontario have it only in select stores!! Do you know where to get it in Midwestern Ontario with rogers as the carrier??
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

So far, so good. Battery drain for me is small, 0.9-1.0/hour. Haven't looked at battery temperature, it isn't usually something I watch. It has a fast bootup and my carrier signal is very stable (according to MeterBerry). Still in the early stages, though.
    Thanked by 2:
    go1ndr (12-13-2012),  Phly_kid (12-14-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts

Has anyone who is on AT&T in one of the known Bad Mic Cities, loaded this on there device yet and if so, please post the city you are in and if you have or have not had mic issues with this build?
    This is very important information for all of us AT&T users. As most know, the .4xx/.5xx generations of the 7.1 builds had mic issues for AT&T carrier users, that caused the phone to non-fuction as a phone once installed. Any info regarding this is important and much appreciated! Thank you! Go1ndr
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Has anyone who is on AT&T in one of the known Bad Mic Cities, loaded this on there device yet and if so, please post the city you are in and if you have or have not had mic issues with this build?
    This is very important information for all of us AT&T users. As most know, the .4xx/.5xx generations of the 7.1 builds had mic issues for AT&T carrier users, that caused the phone to non-fuction as a phone once installed. Any info regarding this is important and much appreciated! Thank you! Go1ndr
    Hey go1ndr - nice to have someone else helping with the AT&T mic issue cause!!

To help AT&T subscribers report if they have mic issue problems with this build (mic issue = you can hear callers but they can't hear you), I thought I would post the list of "bad" cities that experienced the problem:

Mic problems were reported in the following areas:
    Baltimore (MD), Boise (ID), Cleveland (OH), Cincinnati (OH), Denver (CO), Detroit (MI), Eugene (OR), New Jersey, NY, Central PA, Philladelphia (PA), suburbs of Philadelphia, Phoenix (AZ), Portland (OR), Seattle (WA), St. Louis and Kansas City (MO), Wilmington (DE), Washington DC, Wisconsin, Minneapolis (MN), Wichita (KS), Glenwood Springs and Aspen (CO)

So - any fellow AT&T users who live in or travel to one of the above cities, please do let us know if you have any "mic issues" . . .
    Z10 - 10.3.1.632 - work and personal
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (12-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I installed yesterday, and I don't see any problems with the OS, but to be honest, I'm very distracted by my problems launching google maps.

When I launch google maps, it attempts to load the Terms and conditions, but before I can accept I get
    Serious error. Please exit and restart. Exit

After searching the web, and crackberry, I see it has nothing to do with the OS, other blackberry users who have reset google maps, or re-installed google maps are in the same boat. The posts appear to have started on December 12, and I don't see a work around or solution yet.

Some people have speculated that this is due to the contract RIM signed with Tom Tom.

Whatever the cause, if you're like me and really rely on google maps, I'd suggest you don't upgrade, and don't un-install google maps.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,545 Global Posts

I' ve read that Google Maps does not play well with 7.1 (newer builds) and that there have been some issues. I would honestly completely delete the app (not just uninstall it) from App Manager and re-install from appworld via the usb link to pc/AppWorld. If it still doesn't work, BB maps is very good and works well with BB Traffic.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast