Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree17Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Nothing new on the OS besides the fact that it runs abit hotter than the previous OS and has a slightly better signal. The LED feature was there since .746 OS and the rest is pretty much standard, I think media share feature and all that was on .649 but upgrades removed those features but now they back again.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by feby.adityawan View Post
    Battery life a lil bit worse, but maybe it because of the sitnal reception.

I don't know about you guys, but I just noticed that on this version I can set up the LED color to each notification. Or previous version already has this?

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/26/u5eba7yd.jpg

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Its there since .746
    Don't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts

Finally fixed my GMail Calendar sync! Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but I simply deleted and re-added the account in the email setup, now the calendar syncs perfectly. So I guess it wasn't an OS issue, probably just something wrong on the BIS end somewhere.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    Nothing new on the OS besides the fact that it runs abit hotter than the previous OS and has a slightly better signal. The LED feature was there since .746 OS and the rest is pretty much standard, I think media share feature and all that was on .649 but upgrades removed those features but now they back again.
    That's interesting, I haven't really noticed it running any hotter. Could you please elaborate, is it the battery temperature, or the phone temperature, or both that seem to increase. Is there a program you are using to monitor this?

I'm wondering if others have observed this as well.
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry User

Default Latest 9810 Official OS 7.1.0.825 from Vodafone DE

Quote Originally Posted by Phly_kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    That's interesting, I haven't really noticed it running any hotter. Could you please elaborate, is it the battery temperature, or the phone temperature, or both that seem to increase. Is there a program you are using to monitor this?

Yup, my battery become hotter now..

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,655 Global Posts

Default Re: Latest 9810 Official OS 7.1.0.825 from Vodafone DE

I have not noticed any increase in temperature. MeterBerry still shows about the same temps as well. But my AT&T Address Book sync still fails to work.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post

Well my phone has a known tendency to get very hot so I wouldnt gauge that part so seriously. For me its hotter that 746 but not as hot as 794. I see temps on average of 35degrees with slight use and goes upto 40degrees celcius. On idle it's around 26degrees. only around 36degrees do i start feeling it as very hot through the pouch. I live i a tropical place and its summer and the temps are even reaching 34degrees, however, all said and done its very snappy OS and responsive and I love that.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money
    Thanked by:
    beauw (01-29-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Default Latest 9810 Official OS 7.1.0.825 from Vodafone DE

Quote Originally Posted by feby.adityawan View Post
    Yup, my battery become hotter now..

I think phone temp, not battery temp.
    I use meterberry also, and shows usual temp, but seriously my backdoor phone is hotter

Thanked by:
    beauw (01-30-2013) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts

Any word on AT&T mic issues? I saw one post in this thread that said he didn't have the mic issue, but that really doesn't say much. I've been stuck on the last official AT&T release since it was the one that DIDN'T have mic issues.
    Tim McDougald
    HayWire Racing
    Tacoma, Washington
    http://www.haywire-racing.com
    @TerribleTim68
    GoFundMe
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTim68 View Post
    Any word on AT&T mic issues? I saw one post in this thread that said he didn't have the mic issue, but that really doesn't say much. I've been stuck on the last official AT&T release since it was the one that DIDN'T have mic issues.
    From my understanding, from the first .7xx build forward, actually .694 (AT&T)forward, there are no issues. I have had .694 /.746 (Cincinnati Bell) /.746 (Mobilicity) on my phone with zero issues on any of them. Also, .794 has none and from what I've heard this newest .825 doen't have any mic issues either. You are a green-light-go with any of these builds. There are a lot of people on here that have been involved with the list of bad cities and builds since the horrid .4xx and .5xx builds so if there were any issues, we'd know about it. Good luck!
    Thanked by:
    TerribleTim68 (01-29-2013) 
    TerribleTim68 likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

I have tried literally every release for this device and I am going to make a bold declaration: The AT&T Mic Muting Bug is a thing of the past. Whatever the issue was they sorted it out on .694 and it has not yet reared it's ugly head again, as far as I know. I Travel frequently in areas where I had the issue and have not had even a hint that this may become a problem again for me. Unfortunately, now every time someone has a dropped call, or accidentally mutes a call, they come and cry wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by TerribleTim68 View Post
    HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
    Thanked by 2:
    Mecca EL (01-31-2013),  TerribleTim68 (01-29-2013) 
    TerribleTim68, Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

My initial guess is that there won't be a lot more in the way of features in any future upgraded OSs. More likely that the developers will just continue to fix small issues that cause other problems--kind of like someone posted in another thread--not a new car, just improving what's under the hood. From .746 on, the browser is much faster, the search much faster, fun features like adding the different LED lights for alerts, better/quicker/cleaner opening of pdfs and word docs, and stuff like that. I'm not really sure what else they can do to the OS itself to make it better. Hybrid developers like Mecca and BL have done about everything possible to fix the bugs and make OSs faster and the "official" upgrades copy a lot of what the hybrid makers have done. I personally doubt I'll move to .825 for any reason other than just to see for myself if there is any issues like mentioned in these threads (hotter, etc) but as for me, .746 does everything it's supposed to! And, most importantly, I can't upgrade phones to BB10 until April or May so I'll live with what I have and I'm loving it!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

anyone upgraded from the starhub .794 version?
    CrackBerry Newbie

what about GPS issues? I'm on Rogers and I'd like to go from starhub .794 to .825...I've been having nothing but problems with my GPS for the last few versions....
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    PIN
    Oh look...tools. Now I can fix the infractions that I've been given.

I loaded this release several days ago and I must admit that I haven't had any issues so far. Battery life is great, no temperature issues and the OS is overall really quick. My previous release was the ATT .694 one and that was a total disaster. The constant lagging and hanging was driving me crazy. I'm actually glad that the 9810 is very tough because I constantly tossed it and smacked it against the kitchen counter too many times to remember. This release even helped calm my nerves while the Z10 comes to the US. The BB maps even seems to respond a lot quicker as well.
    MePiikan...You shall not be forgotten.

CrackBerry BadBoy

Community Rules & Guidelines
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,539 Global Posts
    PIN
    Oh look...tools. Now I can fix the infractions that I've been given.

I forgot to add that the Media Server settings are separate from the media options. In the .694 release the server settings were within the options. I have also noticed that when in the media menu, I now have a memory use option to access the memory card and built in storage use.
    MePiikan...You shall not be forgotten.

CrackBerry BadBoy

Community Rules & Guidelines
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Anyone see anything newer yet for the 9810? It's about time for one to pop up somewhere. I've been looking around but other than the upgrade for the 9900, nothing so far. Just curious if anyone has seen anything in one of the leaks forum threads. Thanks--go1ndr

Global Posts
    12,335 Global Posts
    PIN
    C0001F61B

Quote Originally Posted by 3hb78ftg View Post
    I now have a memory use option to access the memory card and built in storage use.
    That's been there going back to OS5, iirc.
    Saving the world, one OS at a time...

Follow Me On Twitter: @elite1_
    How to Lock/Password-Lock/Unlock for newer OS for Bold 99xx/97xx/9650, Torch 98xx, Tour 9630, Storm2, Curve 93xx/8900

Curve 8330Tour 9630Bold 9700Torch 9800Bold 9900Z10
    Z30
    psst... Here's THANKS button
    CrackBerry User

I have a weird bug that stuck with me even after a wipe and reinstall. I rarely use wifi, but now it keeps turning itself on a few minutes after I turn it off. Not helping battery life.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123