Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest 9810 Official OS 7.0.0.474 from Telstra

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.2090 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.0.0.2090
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.474
    Software Platform: 5.0.0.645
    File name: 9810jAsia_PBr7.0.0_rel2090_PL5.0.0.645_A7.0.0.474_ Telstra.exe
    File size: 205.3MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software

from BlackBerry

or

from FileServe
    Last edited by rroyy; 11-09-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Thanked by 7:
    Blacklatino (11-07-2011),  bujubanton2 (11-05-2011),  dxsanchez (11-10-2011),  Lemonpancake (11-07-2011),  marcho11 (11-05-2011),  newcollector (11-07-2011),  OhmEye (11-05-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

hi...any review on this new update? thanks
    CrackBerry Abuser

I just downloaded and installed. Everything seems to work so far. "Back button" problem from .439 seems to be fixed, although I literally just finished installing about 10 minutes ago. I'm in the process of setting up my apps again, but all seems good. Sorry I don't have more to report.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Well I installed it on my Telus 9810 with no problems, to early to say anything about bugs or battery life, but when I do notice anything I'll post it.

CS
    CrackBerry Addict

Yep, seems the button problem from .439 is fixed! Too soon to notice any other differences but didn't have any problems with .439 except for the button problem. .474 freed up some additonal memory as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by SC457; 11-04-2011 at 11:02 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

has the battery management become better? the .474 for the BB9900 has increased tits battery life by another 10%-15%.

i honestly bought the bb 9810 just for the better battery life than the BB 9900, but now the bb 9900 is atleast lasting 1 full day.
    i hope this .474 for bb 9810 has better battery management.. please comment...
    *i'm downloading it right now)
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by hypermaster View Post
    has the battery management become better? the .474 for the BB9900 has increased tits battery life by another 10%-15%.

i honestly bought the bb 9810 just for the better battery life than the BB 9900, but now the bb 9900 is atleast lasting 1 full day.
    i hope this .474 for bb 9810 has better battery management.. please comment...
    *i'm downloading it right now)
    Too soon to tell, I've only had it installed for about an hour or so. Usually takes a few battery pulls and a few days to see the full battery capability though. I'm sure it will be improved especially if it was on the Bold 9900 version

Last edited by SC457; 11-05-2011 at 01:41 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    573 Global Posts
    PIN
    33E33E33

So damn slow downloading from RIM. Any mirrors?
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    ^(--'•'--)^

Downloading too, happy to read about "Back button" problem from .439 fixed

Edit:
    Well after some hours testing i can safely say that back button problem is solved, it feels faster than .261, just like .439
    I have no problems receiving calls, sms, using bluetooth.. Haven't test Wi-Fi yet

No problems with Twitter, Facebook, BBMSN, Wordpress for BB, emails accounts so far
    Last edited by AlejandroRY1; 11-05-2011 at 12:21 PM. Reason: Update
    When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life that you have a thousand reasons to smile
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,446 Global Posts
    PIN
    24E2B9CC

Lol, Telstra doesn't even sell 9810s yet. I had a 9810 running on Telstra that I bought privately.
    CrackBerry User

can't receive calls at the moment...could be a network issue from Globe Philippines...tried battery pull and will check it again...it's still rebooting :-)
    CrackBerry User

whew! i get calls now :-)
    CrackBerry User

anyone experiencing intermittent wifi connections?
    CrackBerry Addict

Wifi is good for me, seems like the best OS build so far with the performance gains seen in .439 and the buttons all working. Hopefully it has fixed the freezing problem as well, hasn't occurred since installing .474 so far.

CrackBerry Abuser

wtf.... I can't update my phone. Shrunk the OS like I always have with BB Boss, deleted the vendor.xml automatically and it wouldn't let me update. I backed up and then wiped the device, and now I can't even reinstall the version I had on it a few hours ago. When I try to add the alx files manually in the AppLoader, I get an error saying "this application is not compatible with your device and cannot be loaded".

I can install the .254 build that shipped with the phone, but I had horrible battery life with it and my browser occasionally just shut off on me.

Edit: Scratch that. There was a second vendor.xml file hiding in the "C:\Users\(my user name)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML" folder under my user profile in Windows that I wasn't aware of. Once that vendor.xml file was removed it started working again. What's odd though is that I've never had that issue before. I delete the main vendor.xml under the AppLoader folder in Program Files\Common Files... and everything is just peachy. Not this time though.
    Last edited by dochouse7; 11-05-2011 at 03:04 AM.
    Thanked by:
    AugustArborists (11-06-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

maybe just the wifi here at the office is having some intermittent issue...i will try it again once i get home...also, the medi card issue that cannot be repaired of some sort is not present on this build...hope things will be okay :-)
    CrackBerry User

anyone noticed the obvious animation/transition when opening or closing ann application? also, when torch is inside the magnetic pouch and you take it out, the blue scroll freezes and i need to manually press the lock & unlock top button to activate the screen...but overall, after 5 hours of using the new update ( with about 4-5 restart/batt pull out) i find it better than the last 2 updates...
    CrackBerry Genius

Site maintenance map. GRRRR!!! Cant download yet, it seems blackberry is undergoing server maintenance.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    PIN
    DEADBEEF

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    Site maintenance map. GRRRR!!! Cant download yet, it seems blackberry is undergoing server maintenance.
    Keep trying, it took me 3 times...

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

"Reading the documentation fully is a prerequisite to getting help for your particular situation. I know it's harsh but you will have to get so far on your own before you can get reasonable help from a list full of busy people. A mailing list is not a tool to speed up your day by being spoon fed." -- Simon White
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by hytran View Post
    Keep trying, it took me 3 times...
    Yeah I finally got through, but had to manually navigate to Telstra and download from there.

Anyone still finding loader.exe fails on this update as well? Have to use DM to update.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts
    PIN
    DEADBEEF

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    Yeah I finally got through, but had to manually navigate to Telstra and download from there.

Anyone still finding loader.exe fails on this update as well? Have to use DM to update.
    Nope, just used loader.exe...

Operation Lifesaver presenter - Look, Listen & Live - www.oli.org

"Reading the documentation fully is a prerequisite to getting help for your particular situation. I know it's harsh but you will have to get so far on your own before you can get reasonable help from a list full of busy people. A mailing list is not a tool to speed up your day by being spoon fed." -- Simon White
    CrackBerry Genius

Failed on this update as well as .439 at the reconnecting to JVM.

Handheld loader software has stopped working.
    Cell Phone History:

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,771 Global Posts

This OS appears to be a good one. All is working well and have not seen anything new as compared to .439.
    I have not experienced the "button" issue, as the previous OS .439 had (but I only experienced it once in a while on .439).

And I used "Loader.exe" with no problem.

EDIT: 4 hours into this OS and memory/battery seem to be just fine.

EDIT: 48 hours into this OS and I can truly recommend this OS. No problems whatsoever; the back button issues of .439 have been resolved; battery and memory are both very good.
    Last edited by tellsells; 11-07-2011 at 06:38 AM.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    726 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask

Just appled this update, and so far it's great! Already a huge improvement from .439 imo.

CrackBerry Addict

Anyone else notice the freeze problems are gone? Haven't noticed them at all so far. Great update on this OS, phone seems to work perfect with better battery life as well.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast