Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Jvm error 545 on bb 9810

Hi, i got this error on my Blackberry Torch 9810 a few days ago. I have googled this and tried most ideas, and they havent worked.

Basically I cant turn my phone, i just get a white screen with this error message. So i cant back up any files/update the software.

Ive tried to fix it by removing and reinserting the battery, and that hasnt worked.

I have blackberry desktop software 7.1, and ive connected my phone with and without its battery, and i am prompted with a message to retry or update my phone/=,=.

So i selected update, and then repair, and then for some reason the desktop software checks for updates for the device software...?

"7.1 Bundle 1149(v7.1.0.342, Platform 5.1.0.276)
    An update of BlackBerry® Device Software version 7.1 is available. This update includes optimizations and enhancements approved by your wireless service provider. Note: If your device is associated with an email account that uses a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server, contact your administrator for more information about updating."

I selected 'get update', but i get the message "An updated Blackberry Device Software component must be installed before you continue."

So i press install...
    And get this error message:

"There was an error updating your software. An error has occurred while downloading the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. Please try again."

So i have to press close, and this process then occurs all over again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Default Re: Jvm error 545 on bb 9810

So basically i need to wipe my phone completely, maybe something to do with the vendor files (did some reading around ^_^)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts

Sorry, the exact same thing happened to me a few months back. I am about as stubborn as they come about not giving in until I've found a satisfactory solution, but even I had to go ahead and wipe my device. On the plus side, the phone started running much quicker after the wipe as a lot of the garbage was cleaned out. If you have BES (or BESX) it isn't too bad as all your contacts, emails, etc. will be restored.

Good Luck.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I have no problem with wiping the device.

What is the best way to wipe the device?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Download BBSAK to your PC and wipe it with that. It is the cleanest way. Great tool that works from your desktop. You can download from here: BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    Once on your PC, you plug in your phone and you can wipe it, back up, restore, etc. Great tool to have! Highly recommend it! Good Luck!
    Paul Mndima likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Fixed the problem guys
    Thanks for the help
    All I did was open Loader in the apploader folder
    CrackBerry Newbie

hey can someone help me out, i downloaded the blackberry swiss army but it cant detect my blackberry and it has the same error JVM error 545 ..
    CrackBerry Newbie

tried that one but it didn't work, any other idea please?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by jadzea12 View Post
    hey can someone help me out, i downloaded the blackberry swiss army but it cant detect my blackberry and it has the same error JVM error 545 ..
    Do you keep your BB desktop Manager open while trying to connect with BBSAK ?? Its odd but on my pc, BBSAK never used to recognise my device when Desktop manager running. Maybe its just me or a problem with my pc back then.

Otherwise, there is no reason BBSAK not detecting device. Try re-installing BBSAK.