• 2 Post By go1ndr
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
  • 1 Post By newcollector
  • 1 Post By newcollector
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Just noticed that our 9810 (and other Torches) forum has been moved off the first page!!

Wow, we are now 2nd Class! LOL! Now that BB10 is here, I just noticed that they have removed the 9810 and other torch forums from the top of the main forum page so the only way to access is under "All Forums". Not a big deal but a few extra steps we have to now take. I just feel that there are a lot of Torch and 99XX users out there that are not upgrading to BB10s yet and follow these forums to keep on top of what is happening, new OSs, Leaks, Hybrids, etc. I for one am not upgrading to BB10 until April when I have an upgrade available, and only then if they fix the issues with BB10 not being able to sync with MS Outlook, my email client. Just wondering if anyone else feels the same? I'm not angry, just disapointed.
    Thanked by 4:
    Blacklatino (02-09-2013),  deltact (02-09-2013),  Mecca EL (02-08-2013),  Trini-34 (02-08-2013) 
    Blacklatino, Mecca EL and Trini-34 like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

You are not alone on this. Since the launch of the BB10 platform all 99xx devices seem to take a back seat. I remember when 99xx use to recieve regular update (leaked), wallpaper, themes, etc... Now, you are lucky if you see anything about 99xx, everything now is Z this and Z that like all CB has moved on but us (US crews and users waiting for their upgrade to become available). I still love me some CB but I do feel like a step child on this web-site now... It's all good tho'
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I actully may not upgrade. Its all based on whether or not they work out a way to sync with Outlook. They have about 20 threads on here about this issue and there are a lot of people like me that use Outlook as their email client and sync/back locally, not through Exchange or BB's idea of a cloud or outlook.com which is a cloud based exchange. If they don't fix the problem and build a work-around, then no matter how good the phone is, it won't do what we need it to do for our work. What bothers me is that the 9810 and 9900/30 phones are the best they have ever had and there are thousands of users that have them and would like to be able to read what's new in our forums and not what's new (everything) for a phone we don't have. I'd don't know about you, but I think the 99xx and 9810's are as good as they get for reliability. Love mine! Hope CB reads this and I'm sure others that will chime in. You are right--its all good!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I didn't know about the email sync issues with BB10 and exchange/Web-Mail. That's gonna be a problem for me to sell to my users but I want to try it for myself and provide my feedback, due to the fact everyone's environment is different. But we'll see. Also you are right about the 9900 and the 9810 are great devices that provides me with more than reliability it provides me with accuracy of syncing contacts, calendar and mail. Deleting on handheld and mailbox is a super option, especially while on vacation (less to come back to). So, yes I am very happy with what I have but I really would like to experience the BB10 os. I thanked you because I felt like I was the only one that felt this way...
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (02-08-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by Trini-34 View Post
    I didn't know about the email sync issues with BB10 and exchange/Web-Mail. That's gonna be a problem for me to sell to my users but I want to try it for myself and provide my feedback, due to the fact everyone's environment is different. But we'll see. Also you are right about the 9900 and the 9810 are great devices that provides me with more than reliability it provides me with accuracy of syncing contacts, calendar and mail. Deleting on handheld and mailbox is a super option, especially while on vacation (less to come back to). So, yes I am very happy with what I have but I really would like to experience the BB10 os. I thanked you because I felt like I was the only one that felt this way...
    Hey Trini-34! I saw your "likes and thanks" and I really appreciate it! Believe me, you and I are not the only one's that feel that way. The thing about any new phone is that it is just that-new! The reason I upgrade OSs so often and mess with beta stuff is that I like to have the latest and greatest and many are like that. However, that said, no matter how awesome the BB10 is, if it doesn't sync via USB, I'm not interested.
    I picked up a Kindle Fire HD in the fall. I got my wife one last year and she loved it and I knew it inside and out, so I bought one over a playbook or some other tablet. The reason I mention it is that once you have played around a while on any tablet/touch device, they kind of all become the same. I'm not as interested in the camera or FB or Twitter. I use my phone for business and personal but mostly business and I love the reliability of a BB. Sure they freeze and crash once in a while, but every computer does and in reality, that's what a BB is, a computer that happens to have a phone on it--lol. And I'll take any of the 7.1 OS browers any day over an iPhone! My son-in-law has an iPhone 5 and we both typed in something on google and hit search at the same time
    and my 9810 brought it up much quicker. I send and receive maybe a 100+ emails and texts a day in my business (Insurance) and I travel quite a bit for business. My Blackberry is my # 1 tool on the road and my # 2 in my office. I carry with me on the road my BB, my Toshiba Netbook (awesome) and my Kindle Fire HD--its my arsenal and never leave home without them. Sure I surf the web a little bit, but honestly since I got the tablet, I hardly every use the browser unless looking up sports scores, etc. So the bottom line is that if the BB10 ends up fixing the problem with a solution that makes sense and works, I'm in (probably for the Q-10 -like the keyboard and hate virtual keyboards). If it doesn't, I'm buying an extra 9810 or 9900 and keeping them for when mine finally dies away. Lets keep our fingers crossed that they work out a solution. It's not a bug, its a complete fix that is needed and if Android and iPhone can do it, BB should be able to. Have a good evening.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

PS: Trini-34: Just saw this on another post. A new upgrade for the 9900--
    Latest Official 9900 OS 7.1.0.861 from Telecom New Zealand
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

I hadn't noticed, until your post. Looks kind of dumb, to have every quick link Z10'ed to death. Would look much cleaner to group all the Z10 related stuff to one quick link, 99xx to another etc. Or OS10 then its branch; 0S7 and it's branch. To focus on one OS/device, like there's nothing else, says....???
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklatino (02-09-2013),  go1ndr (02-09-2013) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Yeah, it does tend to be a little overrated after a while, though CB Nation has been waiting for this for a long freakin' time! My upgrade isn't till August, but due to recent idiotic issues with AT&T that seem to keep cropping up, I might just wait till next Jan. and let my contract run out, and go with someone else for a BB10. I'm having mixed thoughts though lately, and not to change the subject or anything, but it seems like there is a lot going on in the way of overly sexy stuff being posted on CB in order to make sale of the BB10...I'm really not interested in the whole "sex sells" thing, I see past that. But I'm afraid if they decide to actually turn all of their advertising in that direction, then I may have lost my appetite for BB10. Call me old fashioned or naive, but thats just the way I feel about it.
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.

Global Posts
    10,253 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    I hadn't noticed, until your post. Looks kind of dumb, to have every quick link Z10'ed to death. Would look much cleaner to group all the Z10 related stuff to one quick link, 99xx to another etc. Or OS10 then its branch; 0S7 and it's branch. To focus on one OS/device, like there's nothing else, says....???
    Here's my problem. Anyone that says anything "perceived" as negative about BB10 or post anything "perceived" as negative is met with new and some old members that like to dismiss or write them off as a troll. LOL. Point out faults and you will be met with routine disclaimers - usually from members that feel the need to personally go after anyone as opposed to holding RIM/BlackBerry accountable- especially for dismissing certain devices. To those I say...allow BlackBerry to defend BlackBerry. Yeah, I still want a BB10, but, I think after all the delays and missed opportunities(really think this is building momentum for the US market??), but, BlackBerry needs to show me and others (over here) that we're not expendable and really want our business. The more things change, the more some things stay the same. Please, no disclaimers(excuses) needed. Two years is enough time to work out the details with the carriers- stressing the importance of "not" missing anymore deadlines. You think after two years, .......eff it! It's the SOS. The 9810 has been and still is written off by BlackBerry and some non-9810 owners. Go Figure.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 02-09-2013 at 09:40 AM. Reason: Cleaned it up!!!
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    Thanked by 2:
    go1ndr (02-09-2013),  Mecca EL (02-09-2013) 
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    Here's my problem. Anyone that says anything "perceived" as negative about BB10 or post anything "perceived" as negative is met with new and some old members that like to dismiss or write them off as a troll. LOL. Point out faults and you will be met with routine disclaimers - usually from members that feel the need to personally go after anyone as opposed to holding RIM/BlackBerry accountable- especially for dismissing certain devices. To those I say...allow BlackBerry to defend BlackBerry. Yeah, I still want a BB10, but, I think after all the delays and missed opportunities(really think this is building momentum for the US market??), but, BlackBerry needs to show me and others (over here) that we're not expendable and really want our business. The more things change, the more some things stay the same. Please, no disclaimers(excuses) needed. Two years is enough time to work out the details with the carriers- stressing the importance of "not" missing anymore deadlines. You think after two years, .......eff it! It's the SOS. The 9810 has been and still is written off by BlackBerry and some non-9810 owners. Go Figure.
    Absolutely! Give me access to the OS, and by my hand and assistance from friends made here, I could put out an awesome OS in two years.
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

I HATE BEING WRITTEN OFF! The 9810 is an awesome phone as is the 99xx and they are dependable devices that do what they are made to do. By the time the BB10 gets to us, there will be 20 new phones out that do magical things meant to amaze us and the 9810s/9900-30s will still be going strong doing what was meant to do! I'm with you -they are Z10ing us to death!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask for it.

Yep. Fact is by the time I get my upgrade I will have seen and heard what is important regarding BB10, and that will influence my decision to get one or not. I am using this valuable time to take in some of the info. Yes, I want one, and wouldn't mind winning one in a contest, because even then I wouldn't be able to use it until March or whenever AT&T finally figures out all the crud they want to charge for. I grew up for the most part totally different from kids today where my ringtone was a series of musical beeps. I think the 9810 is a big step from that and I'm enjoying what I have now. Back then I loved my old phones, heck I was lucky to have a phone. But what I'm saying here--I'm in no position to be picky
    The third fart, the judges cried, "He shat his pants, he's disqualified!"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

THEY'RE BACK! 9810 & Bold are back on front page of CB forum!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-10-2013 at 01:37 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Excellent! Thank you go1ndr! I am checking it out now. Have a great day!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #15  

Just wanted to thank Keven and the gang at CB for putting the 9810/Torch forums back on the front page. It is much appreciate by all of us Torch owners! Sorry its a late thank you but its heartfelt!
    Emmanuel Malho likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    I HATE BEING WRITTEN OFF! The 9810 is an awesome phone as is the 99xx and they are dependable devices that do what they are made to do. By the time the BB10 gets to us, there will be 20 new phones out that do magical things meant to amaze us and the 9810s/9900-30s will still be going strong doing what was meant to do! I'm with you -they are Z10ing us to death!
    I don't think it is a matter of being written off as much as a matter of a whole new OS that the CrackBerry staff needs to get to know so they can post helpful articles like we have for the old BBOS. Some of these will become the BlackBerry Help articles for the Z10 which help us get the most out of our devices. They are also discovering and sharing the secrets and the shortcuts we love to have at our disposal. Its like a kid with a new toy, the old toy is unused while the new one is "broken in". Things will settle down once the foundational articles are written for the new phone(s) and OS. However, we who are still rocking the 9810 will appreciate all the attention to the new format when the time comes for us to upgrade. We will know what to expect and be better prepared to handle the limitations and overcome them than the early adopters were. The more I think about it, the more thankful I am that we in the US will have a chance to temper our expectations to reality, prepare ourselves for work-a-rounds until the Z10 or Q10 are released. At least this is what I keep telling myself so that my disappointment is held in check.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Count me in as one of the holdouts for BlackBerry 10, I think I am holding on to my Torch 9810 for a quite a while yet after reading all the good and the bad of BlackBerry 10 so far. As for syncing with Outlook via USB cable for BB 10, I don't think the feature is coming back, BlackBerry just follows the trend first set by WebOS (previously Palm OS through HotSync), Windows Phone (previously Windows Mobile through ActiveSync) and Android. It's all to the cloud now. Third party applications may or may not be available, but USB sync with Outlook capability will most likely not exist any more as first class feature. My main beefs right now with BlackBerry 10: Loss of true 'Bedside Mode'/very customizable sound profiles, concerns about battery life (a big trouble if LTE is not an option that can be turned on or off), finally lack of many native apps (Kindle is the main one for me). I don't really appreciate the idea of Android ports running on emulator.
    Phones: Motorola StarTAC > Motorola V180 > Palm Treo 680 > BlackBerry Bold 9000 > BlackBerry Bold 9700 > BlackBerry Torch 9810 > BlackBerry Z10

Tablets: Playbook 16 GB WiFi only > Nexus 32 GB WiFi + HSPA+
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Well I can tell you, that for me, not being able to sync with Outlook is a deal breaker as my business runs on Windows Office /Outlook 2007. Its on all of our computers and our BB's all sync to all of them. I'm not going to change to satisfy BB. If the iPhone can sync with Outlook, I would be amazed that BB couldn't. Do not and am not allowed to have our client emails in a cloud and don't really like the cloud atmosphere anyway.. Really bummed about this deal!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by ljfong View Post
    Count me in as one of the holdouts for BlackBerry 10, I think I am holding on to my Torch 9810 for a quite a while yet after reading all the good and the bad of BlackBerry 10 so far. As for syncing with Outlook via USB cable for BB 10, I don't think the feature is coming back, BlackBerry just follows the trend first set by WebOS (previously Palm OS through HotSync), Windows Phone (previously Windows Mobile through ActiveSync) and Android. It's all to the cloud now. Third party applications may or may not be available, but USB sync with Outlook capability will most likely not exist any more as first class feature. My main beefs right now with BlackBerry 10: Loss of true 'Bedside Mode'/very customizable sound profiles, concerns about battery life (a big trouble if LTE is not an option that can be turned on or off), finally lack of many native apps (Kindle is the main one for me). I don't really appreciate the idea of Android ports running on emulator.
    It is also a problem for iPhone people who have upgraded to 6.1 iOS. My co-worker can't get his phone to sync with his work Outlook Calendar.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

Hey Newcollector!It's amazing to me that something that is so fundamental to business as Outlookwould not be available on all smartphones! There are millions of us that runour businesses and our life on MS Outlook and to think that they would notallow syncing with Outlook is unbelievable. The syncing of your calendar andcontacts are obvious, but there are a million other functions that you use withOutlook (especially if you are in business), like inviting people to conferencecalls or meetings via Outlook Calendar invitations; using it in conjunctionwith One Note and syncing it to your phone. Syncing notes via memo pad/tasks/journals,etc. I'm amazed that MS is not helping these smartphone developers with thisoption. Though, when you think about it--Microsoft is moving toward their newOutlook.com online email service and perhaps they intend to limit Outlook inthe future--though I highly doubt it as no one has anything close to it outthere. Just my opinion but still a deal breaker to me. Boo!
    CrackBerry Abuser

yea I feel the same. I come here and every thread is related to z10.
    Still using 7.1 and would like to see more of us communicating, rather than
    feel shutout.
    Guitar Players do it better!!

"Ahab, can I bum my doobage??"
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Default Re: Just noticed that our 9810 (and other Torches) forum has been moved off the first page!!

Don't worry, because BlackBerry has announced that the next OS upgrade to hit will have an Outlook usb fix. Though you and I and others may want this type of syncing, the truth of the matter is that most people do not worry about security or the cloud. the issue for them is convenience, so switching to cloud syncing is what they want. Thankfully we here in the USA will have the issue resolved by our launch time and certainly by my upgrade time.

It has been nice to see that BlackBerry is continuing to update stuff for BBOS devices. We have not been forgotten. And my 9810 has been a workhorse of a device. Running 7.1.0.825 has been a real solid OS with no problems for me. The only issues I've had has been a white screen once in a blue moon when I try to launch Bejeweled. The only other issue (and I had it before this OS update) has been the reboot error message "uncaught exception: java language error". It hasn't affected the phones performance one bit. I don't know what is causing it, but its not worth the effort to get rid of it.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    RussBerry007 likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #23  

The old "Uncaught exception" error has to do with something trying to read a java script that isn't there if I remember right. I had it once on an old OS download and had to resend my service books I believe. I know that it is nothing to worry about--no biggie as you state. The white screen is another issue and one I hope doesn't happen to me-lol! Glad to hear that you read the Outlook USB sync option is being addressed. Good news for us!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

The white screen has only happened three times to me when I tried to start Bejeweled. A soft reboot fixes it. I can leave the white screen by holding down the menu key and can use the phone and get into all my other apps. Of course Bejeweled is still "white screen" running in the background. Weird, isn't it.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,420 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

Yeah--it is weird! Usually the "white Screen of Death" is bad news-lol. I've never played Bejeweled and don't know much about it, but it must have a cod file that is corrupted or conflicting with something else. as long as you can escape from it, it probably doesn't matter. Maybe someone will release a 7.2 OS that once and for all, handle all the little problems that rear their ugly heads! I'm like you, love my 9810 and can't imagine life without it. I'll probably wait for the Q10 as my upgrade isn't until April or May and by then it will be close to being released. I'd never forgive myself if I got the Z10 and then fell in love with the Q10 once it arrived. Now that you say that MS and Rim are working together to fix the Outlook problem, I'm back on board with it. Wouldn't it be cool if they made a slider like the 9810 so we'd have the best of both worlds!