Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By barskin
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    2811b06c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is it just me, or are the people at the official BlackBerry Support Forums....

real a@@holes? They claim to be " NOT RIM employees," just "volunteers who like to help out BB users," but they go nuts on you if you dare take umbrage about anything to do with the RIM Corp. and heave insults right and left. And they offer precious little "support" to those who seek it.
    Last edited by barskin; 10-03-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,267 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B630F1E

Welcome to RIM Customer Support. I've heard if you want to actually speak to a Customer Support person you have to pay and up front. Amazing. I suppose be thankful you're not paying to be abused.

Quote Originally Posted by kevinnugent View Post
    Welcome to RIM Customer Support. I've heard if you want to actually speak to a Customer Support person you have to pay and up front. Amazing. I suppose be thankful you're not paying to be abused.
    depends, some people pay good money for that
    ~Matt
    OnePlus One, Nexus 5, Z10 LE, White Lumia 521, 32GB Nook HD+ & 16GB PB, 32 GB Dell Venue 8 Pro
    @howarmat
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    2811b06c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Oops. I meant to say that they claim to be "NOT RIM employees." Well, I guess if I plunk down 49 bucks I get the deluxe insults.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,093 Global Posts

As a general proposition, it's really no different than CB -- it's a "community" of BB users who are supposed to help each other find the answer to support problems without input from anyone from RIM. I've found that the people here at CB are nicer, smarter, funnier and, above all, more knowledgeable. There are some real nutcases in the "official" support forum.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II, Galaxy Note 4
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    CrackBerry Genius

BB support forums are full of a-holes that are all high on themselves and treat you like a pos when you ask the basic of questions that everyone and their grandmother should know just because you own a BB.

Here on CB we treat everyone with a bit of respect and expect to help out the newbies with the basic of questions.

CB forums > BB support forums

Everyone knows this and this is why there are way more people over here then over there. When you google something related to BB's, CB is usually the first hit since it more then likely has already been discussed in length on here.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,938 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

+1 Homer! Sometimes I feel like I've been slapped by fellow posters on CB but the majority are helpful, patient and understanding! Barskin, I'm so sorry to hear about the abuse. Can we help?
    BlackBerry Passport | AT&T
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,278 Global Posts
    PIN
    2811b06c
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by BBNewB5 View Post
    +1 Homer! Sometimes I feel like I've been slapped by fellow posters on CB but the majority are helpful, patient and understanding! Barskin, I'm so sorry to hear about the abuse. Can we help?
    Hey, I get plenty of help here! Over at the Official (la dee dah) BlackBerry Support Forums...well, that's another story. I posted a link to the Bank of America app sideload, and they deleted it there. Then, one of the prime abusers posted a reply, "I suggest that you contact Bank of America and ask them to make the application compatable with the 9810." Well. I did contact BOA, before I had the sideload, and let me paraphrase the answer, (ahem) "EFF YOU!!" Do you think the 60 bucks a year to use your debit cards folks care about their little individual customers?" Of course, I already know that the app is compatable, because I have it on my device, working nicely, thank you very much. And other people on that board would have it on their device, too, if the powers that be hadn't deleted the link.
    Last edited by barskin; 10-19-2011 at 05:39 PM.
    uncltom likes this.
    CrackBerry User

The sidelink is posted in the what's not available for the 9810 thread btw. Check it out here
    Sprint 8330 --> 9650 --> 9930 --> At&t 9810
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FD7C82

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    As a general proposition, it's really no different than CB -- it's a "community" of BB users who are supposed to help each other find the answer to support problems without input from anyone from RIM. I've found that the people here at CB are nicer, smarter, funnier and, above all, more knowledgeable. There are some real nutcases in the "official" support forum.
    I couldn't agree more. The attitude of the community members is important. I hung out at a certain other Blackberry forum that I won't name(Pinstack) for years, but got to the point where I couldn't take the holier than thou attititude after a while. Who needs the abuse?
    We don't go to Ravenholm.....