- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
Issue with gmail and blackberry contact sync
I am having some problems with my Blackberry and Gmail Contact Sync
I have decided to move away from Outlook to Gmail due to the fact that everything syncs automatically (rather then Outlook that requires DTM and a cable)
The problem is that my Calenders sync perfectly and immediately however only a small amount of my contact sync from my BB to Gmail and by the looks of it only the recent added contacts that I added to my BB
I have made fake contacts on both BB and Gmail and they were synced fine but no such luck for my older entries
I have done the basics:
enabled wireless sync.
I have checked that under advance settings > Default services is the right gmail address (CICAL, SYNC & CMIME)
I have checked under email setup > email accounts > email account > edit > sync options - that calender contacts & deleted items are checked
I also had some duplicates due to the FB app and the fb contact (cant remember the name) enabled Dont know if this might be the problem?
Also I am on BIS (not using google sync, it is anyway discontinued)
Any help would really be appreciated I am at wits end
- 01-05-13, 09:44 AM #2
A good idea may be to remove your sim, and then reset your phone to default. If you leave your sim in, it can mess it up. Then; put your sim back in, wait for BIS to connect, and then add your email again. It should sync automatically.
- By AntonyC7 in forum BlackBerry AdministratorsReplies: 0Last Post: 10-17-11, 06:29 AM
- By zrome in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 3Last Post: 09-19-09, 04:42 PM
- By alsobob in forum BlackBerry Tour 9630Replies: 2Last Post: 09-03-09, 10:20 AM
- By JsGrandma in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 10Last Post: 04-04-09, 03:03 PM
- By Chrispinto in forum BlackBerry 8800, 8820Replies: 2Last Post: 02-03-08, 12:45 AM