Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Initialization failed on ATT 9810 7.1

i need help!! i upgrade my att 9810 to OS 7.1.0.694 from ATT. but still it shows initialization failed
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Default Re: Initialization failed on ATT 9810 7.1

Uninstall the OS on your PC, reinstall it, wipe the phone, reinstall the OS to the phone. It sounds like, one place or the other, the OS didn't install correctly.
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    Thanked by:
    Mock226 (11-09-2012) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

thank you so much i will try it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

...still showing initialization failed. i think it is because my sim card. because i am using the AUS vodafone sim card.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    Uninstall the OS on your PC, reinstall it, wipe the phone, reinstall the OS to the phone. It sounds like, one place or the other, the OS didn't install correctly.
    ...still showing initialization failed. i think it is because my sim card. because i am using the AUS vodafone sim card.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,260 Global Posts
    PIN
    PINned to The Shepherd!

Quote Originally Posted by Mock226 View Post
    The sim card should make no difference. Whatever the issue is, it's computer cable or phone related. I didn't ask before, but are you doing this on a PC or on a Mac?
    More thoughts at Bill's Spiritual Musings. http://www.bills-musings.com
    CrackBerry Master

Initialization Failed might very well be the SIM card or socket, independent and unrelated to updating the OS. Try running a pencil eraser over the SIM card contacts and putting it back in the phone. We former 8220 owners remember this problem from a couple years ago.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

i am using PC. But i have tried to take off the sim card and turn on the phone. it shows insert the sim card.
    Quote Originally Posted by kraski View Post
    The sim card should make no difference. Whatever the issue is, it's computer cable or phone related. I didn't ask before, but are you doing this on a PC or on a Mac?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    Initialization Failed might very well be the SIM card or socket, independent and unrelated to updating the OS. Try running a pencil eraser over the SIM card contacts and putting it back in the phone. We former 8220 owners remember this problem from a couple years ago.
    Thx, but my card is work when my os is 7.0.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have just had exactly the same problem. Had to downgrade back to 7.0 to resolve. There is obviously some bug in version 7.1 relating to this combination of hardware and carrier. Think I'll just go buy an android phone instead - it's just all too hard with blackberry these days.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by crleslie View Post
    I have just had exactly the same problem. Had to downgrade back to 7.0 to resolve. There is obviously some bug in version 7.1 relating to this combination of hardware and carrier. Think I'll just go buy an android phone instead - it's just all too hard with blackberry these days.
    Mock226 and Crieslie:
    Don't be so quick to give up on it. The 9810 is a great smart phone! I'd follow Kraski's instructions but you need to make sure of a couple of things prior to loading a new OS. First of all, DO A COMPLETE BACK UP! Next, you need to make sure that the carrier branded vendor.xml files are deleted from you PC. The easiest way to do that is install "Vendelet" from CB (do a search) (dos file) and run it. It will hunt down any and all vendor.xml files on your PC that would keep it from loading the new OS. Then as Kraski instructs, go to your control panel on your PC and click on Programs and features (windows 7 I assume) and "UNINSTALL" any and all OS's that are on there--listed alphabetically so look for "Blackberryxxxxxxxxx". Once that is done, I'd rerun the Vendelete program (only takes a minute) and then-- Re-download the OS you want to put on your phone to your PC and install it-recommend 7.1.746 (Mobilicity or Cincinnati Bell) or the newest .825.
    Next, you should down load BBSAK to your PC from web. Once downloaded, plug your phone in so it reconizes it and then click on "WIPE" , confirm and let it wipe the phone. Once that is done and you see the white screen with the 507 error--you are almost there!
    Next, go to AppLoader at: Computer>local Disk>porgram Files>Common Files> Research in Motion>AppLoader>Loader.exe (looks like an old cell phone). With phone still plugged in and new OS installed on PC, click on Loader.exe and let it do it's thing. Loader will ask you what you want to have installed and show you a list--you check what you want on it. Be patient--it takes a while to install but it will install it. Then you can hook up to BBDM and restore your files.
    Once a phone is completely wiped, it is totally clean and you are starting brand new. Unless there is a hardware problem, you should be able to reinstall completely and never have an issue with the install. If you were using BBDM to try and install the program, that could have been the problem, but once the vendor.xml files are gone, there should be no problem. Good luck and keep us posted.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BB 9810 initialization fails on vodaphone Australia sim card

Our Torch 9810 initialization fails only on Vodafone Australia sim card, when we were overseas we did upgrade the OS to the version 7.1 and when we came back the device refuses to read the Vodafone sim card.Thank you so much for the suggestion from the forum members, we then did downgrade of OS to 7.0 as suggested and the 9810 starts to work again. It took me days to find the solution, technical support from the service provider could not solve the issue too, crackberry forum members help us to solve the problem. I think there were some bugs in the new OS 7.1 that cause the device not to read the Vodafone sim card. RIM and Vodafone Australia please fix the bugs, thank you.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default booting and loading problem

my device was on able to boot to the end before the white screen came up and i tried to load another OS, "it says.. application loader unable to connect to your device, i need help on this, thanks