- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
IMEI search on two AT&T Blackberry 9810s - both showing up as Motorola C651s
I recently bought a replacement BlackBerry 9810 from a seller on Craigslist to replace my 9810 that I accidentally washed. I did an IMEI search on my new 9810, and it showed up as a Motorola C651 on IMEI.info. Concerned that my phone might be fake, I entered the IMEI from my old 9810 that I bought directly from AT&T, and I get the same thing, a Motorola C651.
Considering that AT&T would never sell fake phones, why would IMEI.info show a Motorola C651 for both IMEIs? Are IMEI numbers ever reused?
- 01-28-2013, 06:33 PM #2Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
- 01-29-2013, 06:23 PM #3
- 01-30-2013, 08:50 AM #4
mine too shows moto c651
its an outdated phone and they need new imeis.. there are millions of phones, that maybe a reason to reuse themDon't forget to press the LIKE Button Follow me on Twitter : @Rohil_ShahBL 7.1 Ultimate Hybrid
- By timmy t in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 11-20-2012, 09:28 PM
- By mike868y in forum General BlackBerry DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
- By Nee86 in forum BlackBerry Pearl 8100Replies: 2Last Post: 10-30-2008, 12:09 AM
- By ew1282 in forum Mac UsersReplies: 3Last Post: 07-17-2008, 06:47 PM
- By dmnall in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 06-25-2008, 03:54 PM