• 1 Post By paulinVA
  • 3 Post By Mecca EL
  • 2 Post By Blacklatino
  • 1 Post By Mecca EL
  • 1 Post By Blacklatino
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How to update 9810 to OS 7.1?

I have read that if i update to 7.1 it will have Hotspot feature is this true?
    And how can i update my bb to 7.1?
    CrackBerry User

yes it will look on here for the 7.1.190 remember to delete the vender.xml file
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I don't know how to do this? I'm new to blackberry, can i get a video tutorial or some details?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    771 Global Posts
    PIN
    2825ACB5

Dude, I'm don't want to sound like a dou**e or something, but the forums are literally filled with tutorials and people post this on probably ANY thread where a new OS is released (leak or official).

Use the search button.
    Proud owner of:
    MacBook Pro on Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
    Bold 9900 on 7.1.0.205
    Beta-tester!
    Yeah, I'm a CoD gamer. So what?
    homer1475, hytran and Mecca EL like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

If you are on AT&T you will need to change your data plan to allow the Hotspot to work.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by thahim View Post
    I don't know how to do this? I'm new to blackberry, can i get a video tutorial or some details?
    Go to "BlackBerry Help" and find the tutorial "Updating OS with AppLoader". just follow the directions. It is not hard. Remember when the device is rebooting and it appears to get stuck 2/3rds of the way thru, don't panic. Everything is okay.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    thahim (01-19-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,031 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Just like any other leak? lol
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thanks newcollector i will try that and thank you every one for posting here.

Iam not an AT&T user, i'm in Pakistan and my phone is not restricted to any network.
    But let me tell you guys one thing, app world doesn't works in Pakistan.
    CrackBerry Abuser

It depends on whether or not you want to use the official leak or the hybrid. The official leak should be quite a bit simpler, though there are those who prefer the hybrid..
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by thahim View Post
    Thanks newcollector i will try that and thank you every one for posting here.

Iam not an AT&T user, i'm in Pakistan and my phone is not restricted to any network.
    But let me tell you guys one thing, app world doesn't works in Pakistan.
    The 7.1.0.205 seems really solid and stable. Here is the simplified way to update your OS: Before doing anything, back of you Phone through DTS (DM).
    1. Download the update to your computer through the provided fileserve etc. links. I always save mine to my Desktop.
    2. After download is complete, double click the icon to install if it does not give you the option to do that. Follow the prompts the program gives you.
    3. After installed, click on computer>C: drive>program files>common files>Research in Motion> AppLoader. On any carrier specific OS update you have to scroll down to find the vendor.xml file and delete it. When it is a leak, you do not have to delete the vendor file.
    4. Plug your phone into your computer via USB.
    5. Once vendor.xml is deleted and phone is plugged in, then in the AppLoader file, click on the Loader file (it looks like a cell phone) and follow the prompts. You do not have to wipe or back up your device with BBSAK of BBHTools or any other external program because AppLoader does it as part of this process.

AppLoader does the rest. You just sit and wait.
    Last edited by newcollector; 01-19-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    thahim (01-21-2012) 
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    The 7.1.0.205 seems really solid and stable. Here is the simplified way to update your OS: Before doing anything, back of you Phone through DTS (DM).
    1. Download the update to your computer through the provided fileserve etc. links. I always save mine to my Desktop.
    2. After download is complete, double click the icon to install if it does not give you the option to do that. Follow the prompts the program gives you.
    3. After installed, click on computer>C: drive>program files>common files>Research in Motion> AppLoader. On any carrier specific OS update you have to scroll down to find the vendor.xml file and delete it. When it is a leak, you do not have to delete the vendor file.
    4. Plug your phone into your computer via USB.
    5. Once vendor.xml is deleted and phone is plugged in, then in the AppLoader file, click on the Loader file (it looks like a cell phone) and follow the prompts. You do not have to wipe or back up your device with BBSAK of BBHTools or any other external program because AppLoader does it as part of this process.

AppLoader does the rest. You just sit and wait.

From which site should i download it from?

Several download sites in this thread. Use any one. Some arer faster than others. http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...-fixes-689958/ read the thread for instructions and discussion.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

New time using Fileserve, every interesting. After download of the leak onto computer, I get prompted to either "run" or "save". When I tried the "run" command, about half way through aborts -- saying not adequate persmissions. strange. So what is correct next step after load complete, then verify complete, then question asked "Run" of "do not run", which is next step?
    CrackBerry User

just installed the official leak for the 9810 – after several hours of frustration I am finally wiping the device to reinstall my latest backup. The new OS renders the touchscreen virtually useless – and since that's the big play with this device, this thing needs some serious rework before it gets released to the public. DO NOT install this…
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by childan View Post
    just installed the official leak for the 9810 – after several hours of frustration I am finally wiping the device to reinstall my latest backup. The new OS renders the touchscreen virtually useless – and since that's the big play with this device, this thing needs some serious rework before it gets released to the public. DO NOT install this…
    THIS IS A CLASSIC EXAMPLE OF WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER INSTALL AN OS IF YOU DON'T KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Many, many, many users have successfully installed this and other OS's with and without error. Why would you post for others not to install, because you were not successful? How childish is that? Did you reach out either here, or PM anybody for help?

There are hundreds of threads about how to install 7.1; plenty of people here, with all levels of knowledge...who did you reach out to?
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca

Global Posts
    10,251 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Wow! Wish I had a nickel for everytime someone made one of numerous mistakes when trying to upgrade their OS. Been there and done that - twice. But, here's the difference, I "owned up" to my mistake, fixed it, and didn't blame the OS, Carrier, RIM, CrackBerry, or lack of fiber.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,242 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    Wow! Wish I had a nickel for everytime someone made one of numerous mistakes when trying to upgrade their OS. Been there and done that - twice. But, here's the difference, I "owned up" to my mistake, fixed it, and didn't blame the OS, Carrier, RIM, CrackBerry, or lack of fiber.
    Fiber is Ip Man to ones colon!
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Blacklatino likes this.

Global Posts
    10,251 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    Fiber is Ip Man to ones colon!
    Lol. Preaching to the choir. I take what I sell....35grams/day. It went up from 25 a few years ago.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Duno what's happpenin but for some reason it won't lemme download off filserve its saying I can only download the file if I uploaded it ???
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  

fcukice than upload it first and download it.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question Can't update OS with Mac DTS

I'm running OS 7.0 bundle 1355 on ATT Torch 9810 (which I have unlocked). I'm using a MacbookPro.

When I first connect phone to computer, DTS starts, asks me if I want to update to 7.0.0 7024 (or something like that) but NOT 7.1. I unlocked the phone, thinking that by unlocking I would be able to upgrade the OS to latest version, not just what ATT allows.

The DTS is still offering to update only to 7.0.0 xxx. So I decided to do that and see what happens. Here's the problem: The DTS begins to back up the phone, and after a few minutes, a warning pops up. Update not completed because the phone disconnected from the computer. And that's not true! The phone's still connected and still appears in Finder.

Next, I unplug USB and then put it back. Neither Mac nor DTS finds the phone. Turned phone off, then back on. It didn't get past ATT logo. So I did a battery pull. There's no longer an offer to upgrade when the phone connects.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,059 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me

i have been tryin to install the .205 leak but my 9810 is throwing up a new roadblock. its not allowing DM to fully back up the data on it...has anybody had this type of experience?

i'm using an unlocked white AT&T unit and i have deleted the vendor.xml. BB is still on factory installed 7.0.0.xxx version
    just so in love with my berry
    SR: 10.2.1.537

dumb phone->SonyEricsson P900->dumb phone->Storm 9530->Bold 9700->White Torch-2 9810->Grey Torch-2 9810->Black Z10 STL 100-1->64GB PB bridged to Black Z30 STA 100-2

Global Posts
    10,251 Global Posts
    PIN

Have you tried upgrading using Apploader.exe? Works for me.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Quote Originally Posted by Walcolm View Post
    i have been tryin to install the .205 leak but my 9810 is throwing up a new roadblock. its not allowing DM to fully back up the data on it...has anybody had this type of experience?

i'm using an unlocked white AT&T unit and i have deleted the vendor.xml. BB is still on factory installed 7.0.0.xxx version
    Follow these steps:
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb