Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Anonymous94587689
  • 1 Post By BeaverJuicer
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I uninstall "Documents to go" under OS 7?

Hello, Searched for this on Crackberry and google. Found plenty of removal instructions for all OS's but 7. Application Management has Documents to go listen, but no option to delete.
    Does anyone know of a way? I don't use it on my phone and personally would like to free up the 4.2mb it's using.

Thanks!
    Blackberry Torch 2 9810
    64GB Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Default Re: How do I uninstall "Documents to go" under OS 7?

I can't imagine why you want to remove it b/c it has so many features that you use without knowing that it actually is the program running it. IE: reading a word doc that someone sends you, or spreadsheet or powerpoint or pdf--but if its for the additional space, you can read how to do it here in this link. DocID: 14181 - How do I uninstall Documents To Go from my BlackBerry smartphone?
    That said, be certain that you want to remove it prior to doing so as DTG really is a good program (save the pdf reader-though better with 7.1). For a better PDF reader, check out RepliGo Reader from appworld. Good luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Again, is there anyone that can tell me how to uninstall Documents To Go from Blackberry OS 7
    And not send me a link I already found on google that does not have said instructions FOR OS 7.

Thanks
    Blackberry Torch 2 9810
    64GB Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    Again, is there anyone that can tell me how to uninstall Documents To Go from Blackberry OS 7
    And not send me a link I already found on google that does not have said instructions FOR OS 7.

Thanks
    Wow--a little agressive aren't you! You've been on here for a long time so I would think you would be a little more friendly! Everyone on here is only trying to help you and anyone that has a problem. So I apologize for giving you a link you already had. My understanding is that this works on all versions but prehaps you might want to call DataViz and ask them yourself. Good luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Wow--a little agressive aren't you! You've been on here for a long time so I would think you would be a little more friendly! Everyone on here is only trying to help you and anyone that has a problem. So I apologize for giving you a link you already had. My understanding is that this works on all versions but prehaps you might want to call DataViz and ask them yourself. Good luck!
    I am very freindly, and the fact I didn't reply directly, shows I am not aggressive. I just don't have time to be given a lecture on why DTG is so great, when I already explained i don't need it, then given a link that isn't in regards to what I asked for in the first place. That's all
    Blackberry Torch 2 9810
    64GB Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Email Dataviz Technical support at the following:

DataViz, Inc.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhinc View Post
    I am very freindly, and the fact I didn't reply directly, shows I am not aggressive. I just don't have time to be given a lecture on why DTG is so great, when I already explained i don't need it, then given a link that isn't in regards to what I asked for in the first place. That's all
    NP--Hope you can get your problem resolved and again-sorry to have wasted your time. BTW, I had an issue with DTG sometime back on my 9800 and called them. The tech support was great. Hope it still is for you. Good luck!
    CrackBerry Addict

Lightbulb Re: How do I uninstall "Documents to go" under OS 7?

The easiest way is to use something like BBSAK and delete all the CODs. ( BBSAK is available here http://www.bbsak.org/)
    From BBSAK, go on the 'Modify CODs' tab - click on 'Read System' then select the COD related to 'Doc to Go' and press remove
    You can get the list of CODs to delete from your device in Options/Application management/ doc to go and scroll down

It worked for me, but do not blame me if you delete stuff you should not
    Last edited by Briard; 10-30-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    go1ndr and Emmanuel Malho like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    814 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks all!

Appears that DATAVIZ doesn't support DTG for Blackberry via email support???

Email support is available for the latest versions of the following DataViz products:

Documents To Go for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad
    Documents To Go for Android
    Documents To Go for Nokia Maemo (N900)
    Passwords Plus
    RoadSync for Android
    RoadSync for Series 60
    Blackberry Torch 2 9810
    64GB Blackberry Playbook
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts

RIM bought Dataviz prior to releasing OS7, and as such, it is now considered "part of the operating system."

That's why you now get the pro version free, and don't have to do a paid upgrade for it.

To get rid of it, you would need to shrink it out prior to an OS install, or remove the COD's manually using BBSAK or some such - but as a warning, removing it can unintentionally break other things you may not realize it was used for or linked to.
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Just share what information you might have rather than advising people what to do
    CrackBerry Newbie

Now. That is good advice. Thank you. I will now leave it in..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Is there a fast way to remove docs?
    CrackBerry User

Post #8 says it all.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

MHINC tells you how in above post. Again--a gentle warning. Many cod files work in a "shared" capacity. That said, removing cod's after the OS is installed is risky at best. COD files are like window's files on a pc. Many interact with several programs. Removing one may unknowingly corrupt another file that you use. I have had it happen many times over the years and a lot of those times were just me removing a program that I had downloaded from AppWorld or sideloaded. Once removed, down the line something else started acting up or worse, started draining the battery. Its better to leave stuff that BB puts on the OS as part of their interstructure, on there. Nothing good usually comes from it. So BeaverJucier gave some good advice above. Good luck if you continue down that path and if so, BBSAK or BHTools or JL_Commander all work well. I like BBSAK best but for just shrinking an OS probably BHTools or JL_Cmdr is easier.