Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How can i go back to OS 7.0 after installing 7.1?

Please i need help,
    I upgraded my phone to OS 7.1,
    Now i want to go back to OS 7.0 and i can't, i downloaded the file for OS 7.0 followed the same procedure i used to install OS 7.1 but when it shows finished. The OS 7.1 will still be there.
    I think it is because the 7.1 already exists on my program files, i went to common files and deleted the files in Resarch in motion, and reinstalled the OS 7.0 again still the problem persists.
    Please i need advice.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

After backing up your device you need to wipe it. Follow the directions in the tutorial under BlackBerry Help tab on this forum. Here is the link:
    http://crackberry.com/how-downgrade-...erating-system.

You also need to delete the 7.1 from your computer. It may be necessary to reboot your computer as well.
    Last edited by newcollector; 10-04-2012 at 06:31 AM.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.0.1130
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    sedalia066 (11-26-2012) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    697 Global Posts

Using the Desktop Manager you can choose to downgrade to whatever versions have been previously installed using the DM.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Default Re: How can i go back to OS 7.0 after installing 7.1?

Quote Originally Posted by rgorman View Post
    Using the Desktop Manager you can choose to downgrade to whatever versions have been previously installed using the DM.
    Please where in DM can i get this particular function to downgrade?
    My DM is the latest release.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    After backing up your device you need to wipe it. Follow the directions in the tutorial under BlackBerry Help tab on this forum. Here is the link:
    How To Downgrade Your BlackBerry's Operating System | CrackBerry.com.

You also need to delete the 7.1 from your computer. It may be necessary to reboot your computer as well.
    Thanks a lot. Will try this once i get home. Will give feedback.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Please do give feedback. I upgraded to the latest OS from AT&T and now my phone freezes all the time when listening to music. I am also looking at going back to 7.0.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

I too am looking to downgrade since doing my wireless upgrade. My phone is constantly getting help up when sending/receiving texts and pictures. Battery life seemingly worse and am having to do battery pulls far too often.

running v7.1.0.694
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    CrackBerry User

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,541 Global Posts

If you are seriously going to downgrade, follow Newcollector's instructions completely. You will need to wipe the phone as he states.
    Even though the DM shows older versions, downgrading can be tricky. If you are installing using wireless-DON'! Always use the USB cable to do upgrades and downgrades.When upgrading (or downgrading) wirelessly, you can sometimes get broken connections and its not as stable of a download.
    If you are having issues with freezing try either reinstalling the .694 from AT&T or install the Newest .746 from Cincinnati Bell, prior to going backwards. If you download and upgrade using the USB method, you should have no problems and it should run great. The Cinci Bell build is excellent with good battery life, no freezes and absolutely no problems with music playback. Good Luck!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    24EF8E5A

Ah gee, thanks Go1ndr!

I did update it wirelessly ota. I have an imac and i can never update my phone like windows folks. I don't want to drag my windows machine out of storage just to update my phone. Maybe I'll give a go with the .746 if you think it's great.

I really am not too sure how to go about that on my BBDesktop, I wish mac/windows worked more seamlessly together- although not like windows isn't irritating that you have to delete a file to download something! lol
    yall rock, thanks, BB rules!
    "Do not boast old woman, your death sits in that cage."
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,541 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrownIsle View Post
    Ah gee, thanks Go1ndr!

I did update it wirelessly ota. I have an imac and i can never update my phone like windows folks. I don't want to drag my windows machine out of storage just to update my phone. Maybe I'll give a go with the .746 if you think it's great.

I really am not too sure how to go about that on my BBDesktop, I wish mac/windows worked more seamlessly together- although not like windows isn't irritating that you have to delete a file to download something! lol
    yall rock, thanks, BB rules!
    Yeah-upgrading with a Mac/anything Apple is a pain for BB. I admit I know nothing about Macs but I have seen a lot of threads over the years about upgrading with Macs and will check around to see if I can find a thread for you with some shortcuts. BTW, .746 from Cincinnati Bell seems to really rock! Zero issues at this time. There are a couple of hybrids out there that use the Bell .746 for their base that I may try to see if there is any difference. I'll let you know if I find anything for you. Good luck with the .746

PS: Just found this thread that may be a solution for Mac users. Again I don't know anything about Mac but I'm sure you will understand the answer to this OP's question. Good Luck CrownIsle!
    http://forums.crackberry.com/leaked-...mac-os-676939/
    Last edited by go1ndr; 11-27-2012 at 01:48 PM. Reason: additions
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

Ok, am back to say that wiping the phone and installing from scratch worked for me, thanks team. i used BBSAK to wipe.
    Am on 7.1 again on a new 9810 and its an awesome experience, AT & T was the issue why i could not change to 3G from edge.