Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By hubermania
  • 1 Post By homer1475
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default how to back up entire phone with apps?

is it possible to do that. to backup phone with all apps etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    CrackBerry Genius

Basic answer is no. DM backups do just your messages and settings. You will need a third party program like BBSAK to backup your apps.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Master

YES. You can use the front end of the Device Switch wizard in DM to backup all apps and data.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-4-7-a-125449/
    Thanked by 3:
    bitek (03-29-2012),  go1ndr (01-02-2013),  homer1475 (03-29-2012) 
    branflakes and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive!

Quote Originally Posted by hubermania View Post
    YES. You can use the front end of the Device Switch wizard in DM to backup all apps and data.

Yes, this. I always do this.
    CrackBerry Genius

I actually didn't know this. Thanks for the tip.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (01-02-2013) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,490 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

awesome, thanks !
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (01-02-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Default Backbup Blackberry with OS 7 using BB desktop software

This way never fails for me and it's FREE.

Use the Blackberry Desktop Software manager. Launch the program and connect the phone. Once connected choose "Switch Devices" from the menu and make sure "data" and "third party apps" are checked. It will begin backing up everything (including your 3rd party apps into a temp folder). We aren't going to finish the transfer, we just want to "grab" the temp folder that is created.

you will have to show hidden files on your Windows 7 PC to find the backup. Go to windows explorer and go to tools-view and check to show hidden files and folders, and uncheck hide protected OS files (reverse these steps after we grab the file).

When the "transfer" says to connect new device--DON'T do it!

In window 7 go to c:/users/*your user name*/appdata folder/local folder/temp folder

In temp you will see a folder with numbers and letters (look for the date and time) open it to confirm it has an "alx" file. backup and "cut" the entire folder from temp (this folder contains everything that makes your phone. Paste it into a safe folder or jump drive for backup.

NOW, CANCEL the "connect new device" in BB manager and disconnect phone. Turn your radios back on in your phone (BB manager shut them off).

To restore:
    Connect phone and fire up BB manager software again. click application button in BB manager. click IMPORT files and browse for the backup folder. It will look for the ALX file in that folder (ALX is the table of contents of the folder with all your apps). click the ALX and click open...and it should show all your apps. Pick and choose what you want to restore

Quote Originally Posted by bitek View Post
    is it possible to do that. to backup phone with all apps etc.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    Thanked by 2:
    go1ndr (01-02-2013),  study_lady (09-24-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Use bbsak. Its free and easy to use.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Hi Tom,
    I noticed I have a backup file now, called: LoaderBackup-(2013-01-01).bbb in the c:\users\*me*\my documents\blackberry\backup\ folder. Is this file the actual system state backup file? It's 230MB (quite large), and I'm wondering if it too includes all the apps like the PIN numbered temp folder of a la carte apps you spoke about..? Thoughts?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

The one issue with BBSAK is the way it backs up the 3rd party apps into one complete long file which can cause (not always but enough) problems when restoring--like for instance after a complete wipe and new OS install. It's a real pain in the **** then. I like others on here didn't know about the divice switch solution and thank you for posting that--good info!