- CrackBerry User
- 55 Posts
Hotspot message on display
I recently changed carriers from Tmo to AT&T, and naturally I got a new (to me) 9810 that is AT&T branded. I used Blackberry Desktop to restore from the Tmo to AT&T 9810. All is pretty much well. Yesterday I fired up the mobile hotspot for the first time to provide data to the Playbook, and the only hotspot was listed as "AT&T - T-Mobile BlackBerry 6534" on the Playbook, and on the 9810 display top center. I talked to the AT&T store guy, and he had never seen such a a name before, suggesting that the “phone had a name” & perhaps that when I restored from the Tmo to AT&T 9810, the old “phone name” went with it. Any thoughts?
PS I asked him out of 100 new customers how many folks bring their own device- he answered “one or two” guess that makes me unusual.AT&T Passport
Tour Easy Recumbent bike
- CrackBerry Abuser
12-18-12, 08:17 PM #2
- 247 Posts
The first part, "AT&T" is your carrier's name. The 2nd part "T-Mobile BlackBerry 6534" was the default hotspot Network Name (SSID) created by your previous TMO. Since you did a full backup/restore, the hotspot name carried over from your TMO config.
You can simply rename your hotspot name. Once you enabled hotspot, go to Networks and Connections, then Mobile Hotspot Connections, then Options, and you can change teh Network Name (SSID) to whatever you want.
- By BigPete in forum BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 5Last Post: 01-07-13, 01:13 AM
- By vincent088271 in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780Replies: 2Last Post: 08-06-11, 12:04 PM
- By vincent088271 in forum BlackBerry 6Replies: 2Last Post: 08-06-11, 12:04 PM
- By urbanriot in forum BlackBerry Bold 9780 ThemesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-27-11, 10:28 PM
- By aparmelee in forum BlackBerry Storm2Replies: 7Last Post: 02-23-10, 12:50 AM