Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Device Analyzer is available with .746. If it is not showing up, you need to go to your options>device. Then hold "ALT" down and type "bbda". There will be a pop-up screen that says BlackBerry Device Analyzer has been activated. Now tap "advance system settings" and you will see BlackBerry Device Analyzer at the bottom of the list.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (11-15-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,390 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by satchit View Post
    Device Analyzer not available in .746
    Are you sure?? I was supposed to be available with all 7.1 builds and above?
    patrikfeng likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9

I checked it several times , & tried as per u mentioned . but i couldn't activate the BBDA.
    even checked in app management .
    CrackBerry User

Default Horrible battery life

i am using hybrid .714 and berrylicious. Battery life is amazing!!! I can get through the day without worrying about my battery I can get 2 days on edge. And I am a pretty heavy user, checking ubersocial, fb, foursquare every half hour.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,365 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Enskyment View Post
    some months ago. full cups worth of average drinking water.

The error above randomly disappeared shortly after. Had some messed up versions of apps leftover which was probably the cause.
    Didn't re-install two apps that I used to use because if anything is sucking battery, I assumed they would.

One was some theme that changes the entire look of the phone. It was the fall one that also has similar ones for summer, spring, and winter.
    The other was called "advanced OS and LED" which I just used to change the led light in relation to different tasks and contacts.
    It was an older version. I hadn't updated it for several months due to not wanting to have to lose what I had put into it and not having a way to back it up.

Battery seems to be doing much better. Can't really understand the app craze if using some real basic things as simple as the above is enough to ruin my phone's battery life.
    i also had to wipe my phone and didnt re-install Advance OS, and also didnt re-install Whatsapp

My battery life is a lot better now. i used to have battery life like how the OP described. But i went through two days without charging whilst browsing and watching videos quite often, fairly easily with battery life to spare
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,390 Global Posts

No matter what anyone says, Advanced OS uses a lot of battery power. I currently only have it running the battery monitor and may just delete it once and for all as it's always running. What'sApp only uses a normal amount of battery power (and only when you are using it), even though it is a huge download.
    One odd thing I've noticed is that when you go to the device analyzer and do a battery check (to see what's draining), that when you scroll down to the "Stethoscope" icon that is the device analyzer, it shows "Never Used" which is wrong as I am using it to see that message-LOL. Unless there is a separate Device Analyzer that I don't know about. Anyone notice that??
    CrackBerry User

Default Horrible battery life

download berrylicious returns 2.0 and .746 base. you'll get the best battery life possible on 9810

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,390 Global Posts

I know that the BL hybrids are good but if I go to a hybrid it would be one of Mecca El's. Right now I can't complain about the stock battery life on the .746 build from Cincinnati Bell.
    Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (11-28-2012) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    2AE2A7F9

I have installed the hybrid OS on my 9810 , seems pretty good till now .
    its been more then 24 hrs , no issues have come up till now.
    battery seems to be performing well, but not that gr8
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,390 Global Posts

After installing yet one more battery monitor app (another $1.99 down the drain-lol) it again caused a 9% battery drain! Deleted it at once and reinstalled the Advanced OS with LED and now back to 2% battery drain during normal use. The only thing I can figure is that these different battery monitor apps (I have 4 on there) all have conflicting cod files that once installed continue to work against each other! I honestly can't imagine why else the battery drain rate would go up so drastically once one is installed. For whatever reason, the AdvOS feature doesn't seem to cause that issue so I will stay with it, even though that is the only feature I currently use on AdvOS. I know that AdvOS uses it's fair share of battery power when running several of its features but with the battery monitor only, it seems to be working good. If I knew how to completely dump the conflicting cod files I would, but I have no idea which ones are which, so I won't go there as God knows what other programs they work with
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12