Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 9 Post By go1ndr
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Hit a Thousand posts--Thank you!

Well Everyone, I just noticed that this will be my one thousandth post and I hope that in these 1000 posts, I was at least able to help others as much, as the many others on here have helped me for these last 3 years!

Special thanks to all the Mods and to a couple special friends that have spent sometimes weekends helping me with a bricked phone or new OS that wiped my device-LOL. You know who you are and I won't mention your names as I know you aren't interested in the praise. That's not why most of us are on here. Most on here really actually care about everyone, and want to be there when some one needs them.

CrackberryForums are a tremendous help to everyone and I like many of you, have made a lot of friends on here. Thanks to everyone for the countless suggestions over the years that have brought help to all of us, and me in particular. I couldn't have done it without all of you!

Here's to many years to come on this great site, and to many, many years of new BB's, newOS's, new Leaks and New Hybrids!

Go1ndr
    Last edited by go1ndr; 02-25-2013 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typos
    Thanked by 2:
    BigBadWulf (03-02-2013),  troshs (02-27-2013) 
    BigBadWulf, nfsw, Mecca EL and 6 others like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Thanks for all the "Likes" guys! You would think with a Thousand Posts, I'd type a little better, wouldn't you? LOL
    Emmanuel Malho likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Obviously frequency of posting hasn't improved your keyboard skills. But we appreciate you anyway.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

LOL! Got to love it! Either my thumbs are getting bigger or the keys are getting smaller but nothing works as easily as it used to! But wait, I think that called getting older-lol! Waiting for the Q10 and hoping for bigger keys!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Don't get the Q10...go for the Z10...they say the touchscreen keyboard automatically corrects your mistakes. That means that your posts will dramatically grammatically improve!

Oh, I forgot to congratulate you on becoming a CrackBerry Master. So, congratulations!
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

HA HA! Thanks buddy! And to think, you are one of the "Friends" I mentioned on here, and one that I respect! So be nice to this old guy! Auto correction--humm--perfect!
    Are you going for the Z10 when it hits the states? I saw a post/link on here that AT&T will be offering it and supporting it, even if they opened their announcement with " The reinvented Blackberry" or something like that-lol. One concern I will have which ever I get, is that my wife and I both have grandfathered unlimited data plans and they are worth their weight in gold when you travel and use your phone for business like I do (and I believe you do). So if it changes the plan in anyway, it may be a deal buster. Another issue that concerned me was the inability to sync with MS Outlook-locally. We use Outlook for all of our business and all of our devices sync with it, so without Outlook, it a no-go---but, I read that Rim is addressing the issue and plans to fix it, so I'm not concerned just yet!
    Thanks for the congrats! I guess that just means I had enough free time on my hands to be on here a lot over the last 3+ years! I remember when I first got on here and all the trolls would eat me alive with my novice questions. Thank God for all the good people that were always ready to help and allowed me and many others to still be around here. Not sure what titles there are but now that you mentioned it, I think this is the first time I've been a "Master" anything-lol!!!
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

When I came to BlackBerry from Windows phone, I had an unlimited plan, so going back to a non BIS plan should not make me or you lose our unlimited plan.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Congratulations, go1ndr!
    Z10| AT&T
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (02-28-2013) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Quote Originally Posted by newcollector View Post
    When I came to BlackBerry from Windows phone, I had an unlimited plan, so going back to a non BIS plan should not make me or you lose our unlimited plan.
    That makes sense!Unless you opt for the "hotspot" service, I don't think they will change you. I too moved from a windows phone to BB years ago and there was no change in the plans.
    Saw a new upgrade today--are you going for it? I may, it's a long time until April or May when we get the BB10--and I'll probably wait for the Q10 to at least compare the two. Unlike a lot of posters on here, I really like my 9810 and like you, I know I can count on it for my business use. The pictures aren't quite as good as other types of phones, but business use wise, I don't think it can be beat.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by BBNewB5 View Post
    Congratulations, go1ndr!
    Thanks BBNewB5! Much appreciated!!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

Nice to see a discussion about plans, even if we don't have the facts yet. It's such a shame we US folks are stuck having to wait for the new devices. I am so curious as to what AT&T has in store for us when switching to BB10. As for me, patience is tough! I love my little nicked up 9810 but am eager to try out BB10 (tech geek). I know I want screen real estate but my skills with virtual keyboards are definitely lacking (LOL). And the patience to wait until I can get my paws on both is also falling short but hopefully we won't have to wait much longer!

Personally, I'm taking a break from new OS's and hybrids right now, but I am curious about the Digicel OS. May give in to temptation...
    Z10| AT&T
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

I think I will--plus I told my hybrid buddy, I'd be a ginny pig for him and give it try and report back--lol! May try it this weekend but honestly waiting to se what is being said about it. I saw it was moved to a sticky note this morning so there will be some reports back soon.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,838 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me.

I'm running a hybrid now from my trusted builder which works just great, so I don't really need to make any changes, but......
    Z10| AT&T

Global Posts
    35,359 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Way to go GU. That's what CrackBerry's all about. Making the most out of a bricky situation.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"