Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By go1ndr
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Google maps "Serious Error" issue resolved!

I just re-installed Google maps and it looks like Google resolved the conflict with the Terms and Conditions page with 4.5.3. Thanks to the Google Maps team for addressing this issue!
    AT&T Blackberry Torch 9810 with OS 7.1.0.825.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    216 Global Posts

Well I'm surprised! Went to the download link and it installed with no issues.
    HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
    CrackBerry User

Default Where is Google Maps link?

Guys, anything to offer for folks in the same boat? Excellent you resolved your issues but how about a bone for the rest of us? Considering the Google maps link has been removed, where did you reinstall from?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I downloaded it directly from Google. If you go to m.google.com from the native Blackberry browser there should be a link to download google maps. I hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28c55527

Theres no li k to google maps at m.google.com

Global Posts
    10,576 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Quote Originally Posted by beauw View Post
    I downloaded it directly from Google. If you go to m.google.com from the native Blackberry browser there should be a link to download google maps. I hope this helps.
    Same here. Maps are working great.
    Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by ladeberry View Post
    Theres no li k to google maps at m.google.com
    ladeberry, have you tried going to m.google.com from the native Blackberry Torch browser? m.google.com seems to look at the browser user agent and display the web page targeted to that platform. So it should be different depending on which browser you use.
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,734 Global Posts
    PIN
    ask for it ;)

mines working too on my bold 9900
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,516 Global Posts

Happy New Year everyone! RE: Google maps--I followed the instructions on another thread addressing this G-M issue (copied here) and was able to cut and past the file that wasn't allowing the download then and reinstall the app via the web browser on my phone. Works perfectly and used it a lot last week in Dallas on vacation. I haven't been on the threads but I think that Google addressed the issues as well (mentioned above as well). I'm reposting in case anyone didn't see it or runs into problems again. Good luck--works great and doesn't conflict with BBMaps!

Here is the work-around to put it back on your phone. (cut and pasted from two different threads). This is the work around that everyone is using along with the summary of instructions. Once I had Ver 3 back on my phone-I went to the web> Google Maps for mobil and downloaded the new version 4.5.3 to the device and it replaced the earlier version. Works great! Hope this helps you. Good Luck! PS: Use the drop box as it is much easier.
    Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip

[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .

OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    Worked great! To summarize the steps from the other thread:

1. Download the zip file for Google Maps v3 to your PC
    2. Extract the zip file and copy the extracted folder to your device's media card
    3. Open the Media Folder, (on media card if you store it there) then choose Explore from the menu option
    4. Browse for the folder location and select GoogleMap-v3.jad
    5. Run version 3, decline the upgrade to version 4.5.3 and accept the terms
    6. Exit Google Maps, run again and allow the upgrade to 4.5.3. if offered.

It didn't offer me an upgrade> so I opened ver 3>closed ver 3> went to web on my phone and downloaded the newest version 4.5.3 to my phone.
    Thanked by:
    Blacklatino (01-02-2013) 
    ladeberry likes this.

Global Posts
    10,576 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Happy New Year everyone! RE: Google maps--I followed the instructions on another thread addressing this G-M issue (copied here) and was able to cut and past the file that wasn't allowing the download then and reinstall the app via the web browser on my phone. Works perfectly and used it a lot last week in Dallas on vacation. I haven't been on the threads but I think that Google addressed the issues as well (mentioned above as well). I'm reposting in case anyone didn't see it or runs into problems again. Good luck--works great and doesn't conflict with BBMaps!

Here is the work-around to put it back on your phone. (cut and pasted from two different threads). This is the work around that everyone is using along with the summary of instructions. Once I had Ver 3 back on my phone-I went to the web> Google Maps for mobil and downloaded the new version 4.5.3 to the device and it replaced the earlier version. Works great! Hope this helps you. Good Luck! PS: Use the drop box as it is much easier.
    Link for download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i8w6jymjdv...ogleMap-v3.zip

[Update] Even better news: after first successful run of v3 you can update to v4.5.3 and it'll get back to work normally .

OTA link: http://dl.google.com/dl/mobile/maps/...GoogleMaps.jad
    Worked great! To summarize the steps from the other thread:

1. Download the zip file for Google Maps v3 to your PC
    2. Extract the zip file and copy the extracted folder to your device's media card
    3. Open the Media Folder, (on media card if you store it there) then choose Explore from the menu option
    4. Browse for the folder location and select GoogleMap-v3.jad
    5. Run version 3, decline the upgrade to version 4.5.3 and accept the terms
    6. Exit Google Maps, run again and allow the upgrade to 4.5.3. if offered.

It didn't offer me an upgrade> so I opened ver 3>closed ver 3> went to web on my phone and downloaded the newest version 4.5.3 to my phone.

Good information for those still needing/looking for a work-around.
    Reading.....is truly a "lost art" / Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (01-03-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    919 Global Posts

All i did was go to m.google.com /
    hit google maps /
    hit download /
    done.

Global Posts
    10,576 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Google maps "Serious Error" issue resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    All i did was go to m.google.com /
    hit google maps /
    hit download /
    done.
    So did I. However, the information from you and from G will be helpful tomorrow, next week when questions start about "how to" for those that won't search or don't know how. Cut/paste or direct them back to this thread. Also, the map download has changed and has been updated after blogs were posted about google maps and posted threads regarding the same downloads for the maps.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-04-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (01-04-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Goolgle Maps Not working V3 link is not working.

Hi,
    The Dropbox link provided for the google maps V3 is not woking.
    when i try to download it says Invalid Link and the link wasn't well formed.

Can you please provide me other link?
    Thanks in advance