Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KemKev
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Talking Goodbye 9810 Friends!

I upgraded to the Z10 when ShopBlackberry.com knocked $100 off the unlocked price during the month of May. I must say, I am pleased with the phone. I haven't loaded much on it yet by way of Android apps other than the Amazon App Store, but that is coming.

So to all my faithful 9810 friends, so long. Even though BB can't seem to make BBOS7 reoccurring "Tasks" work properly on the BB10, I still couldn't help upgrading when it went on sale. I even bought his (black) and hers (white) versions for me and the dream girl.

My advice to everyone, go for it and upgrade. I LOVE the 9810 slide out keyboard, and it got even better when I recently connected it up to O365 BB Business Cloud Services. But the Z10 screen is STUNNING. Being able to flick suggested words up is AWESOME. And now that we can fill in the app gap with Android apps, I was looking for the sale to upgrade. And works great with O365, if anyone is interested. Synchronizes email, contacts, calendar, tasks, notes perfectly.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,950 Global Posts

Congratulations on your upgrade to the Z10. Like you, I also upgraded from the 9810 over a year ago and I loved that phone. I use it primarily when I am travelling (I haven't unlocked my Z10 yet) and would love a BB10 with a slider keyboard (wishful thinking, I know)!

That aside, I enjoy the Z10 and I wish you a terrific time getting to know and using it. Should you have any questions or concerns, there are many CBers who are able and willing to point the way.
    Rocking the Z10 STL100-3 on OS 10.3.1.938
    Tablets: 32GB Playbook; Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
    "If Eve had given Adam a Blackberry, the world would be paradise. Instead, she gave him an Apple. Look at us now. ~ CB Member

Thanked by:
    jcbrunson (06-09-2014) 
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by KemKev View Post
    Congratulations on your upgrade to the Z10. Like you, I also upgraded from the 9810 over a year ago and I loved that phone. I use it primarily when I am travelling (I haven't unlocked my Z10 yet) and would love a BB10 with a slider keyboard (wishful thinking, I know)!

That aside, I enjoy the Z10 and I wish you a terrific time getting to know and using it. Should you have any questions or concerns, there are many CBers who are able and willing to point the way.
    Blackberry made a huge mistake by not upgrading the Playbook to BB10. If I had experienced BB10 through the Playbook over a year ago, I would have upgraded from OS7 to BB10 a long time ago. BB10 just works better than OS7. But the Playbook/BB10 bait and switch really burned me up. So I stuck with the 9810 for way longer than I had to. Anyway, just some additional insight in to the decision.
    Last edited by jcbrunson; 06-12-2014 at 11:11 AM.
  4. RWD
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I'm leaving shortly too - I'm posting this from my new Nokia 1520 Windows phone. I was waiting for BBM for WP be for jumping, but I may have to leave earlier, as i have to lend my trusty old 9810 to my son for a while, as his Galaxy S3 stopped working again... Android sucks!

Sadly I will have to give up my legacy unlimited data BlackBerry plan, sob..
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by RWD View Post
    ...Sadly I will have to give up my legacy unlimited data BlackBerry plan, sob..
    Not me! Sticking with my AT&T unlimited legacy plan and now at 4G LTE speeds! ZING! Take that, AT&T! And bridging to the Playbook is faster too! ZAP!
    CrackBerry User

no ..i still love my torch 9810 just updated to 7.2 and works like a rocket..
    TORCH 9810 OS 7.2
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KemKev View Post
    ....and would love a BB10 with a slider keyboard (wishful thinking, I know)!
    I totally agree with you there! Imagine a Torch 10 .

Posted via CB10
    Sent from my Blackberry Z10 on Verizon

--------------------------------------------------------
    Phone History
    Nokia 6210 > Nokia 1100 > Motorola Razr > Motorola W490 > iPhone (original) > iPhone 3G > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S Captivate > Galaxy S II > Galaxy Note II > Windows Phone 8 > Verizon Blackberry Z10 & AT&T Q10!!

Tablet History
    HP TouchPad > iPad 2 > Blackberry PlayBook

Future Phone History
    Blackberry ???
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fox2 View Post
    I totally agree with you there! Imagine a Torch 10 .
    I'm not totally sold on a BB10 slider now that I've had the Z10 in my hands for a few weeks. I still do like the physical keyboard (for caps and punctuation, mainly), but you wind up trading in screen size. The Z10 screen size is great, and the phone thickness is great too. Give it test drive. You won't be missing the 9810 for long...
    CrackBerry Abuser

I loved my 9810 but I love my Z10 even more.

Enjoy!

Posted via CB10 with my Z10 STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    Thanked by:
    jcbrunson (07-04-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    115 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eu gene View Post
    7.2? Is that a typo? No offense...
    CrackBerry Newbie

good,stuck with the 9810 for way longer than I had to. Anyway, just some additional insight in to the decision. thanks
    Thanked by:
    jcbrunson (07-23-2014) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

I also upgraded from the 9810 to the z10

But for me, the torch always felt like a tease. It had the full screen so I could finally play full screen games and browse the Web with a better (compared to os6) browser, but it also was such a compromised device that it was frustrating. For me, the 9810 had me wishing I had held on to my bold 9700. That was an amazing phone.

I was verrry reluctant to go with the z10, since my last BlackBerry full touchscreen experience was so lacking. But for some reason I did, and I loved it.

I still sometimes miss the 9700 keyboard and some of its features like the better tasks app and hardware kb shortcuts. But overall the z10 is an amazing improvement over both the 9700 and the 9810

Posted via CB10
    Go DUCKS!!!
    OS 10.2.0.1767

Samsung P107-->SonyEricsson z520a-->Samsung a707-->Blackberry 8300-->9700-->9810--> z10
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    PIN
    331404b2

i have not heard of the 7.2, fill me in
    Quote Originally Posted by eu gene View Post
    CrackBerry Newbie

I also got my hands on a Z30 so is good-bye to my torch. I liked it but the speakers were crapping out.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Love my new Z30
    CrackBerry Abuser

Welcome to the BB10 fold.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.2.1.3247
    Thanked by:
    miglas (08-17-2014) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

well all your guys are saying good bye to the classy bb 9810 i am about to say hello to it in a few hours