| | 12-02-2011, 11:39 AM Thread Author #1
Gmail as "Activated Account" in BlackBery Enterprise Server
This is my first time posting to this forum. Thank you to all who make this a worthwhile community.
I have a Torch 9810, used for both business email via BES and personal email, via Gmail. As I just got the phone, I activated the BES today and my personal Gmail address shows up as an "Activated Account" in "Setup" "Email" "Enterprise Server."
I have other Gmail accounts on the phone, none of which are listed as "Activated Accounts” on BES. Perhaps others have this issue.
1. I would like to remove the Gmail account from the BES "Activated Account" list. I never authorised this account to be given to an IT group to audit / have an IT policy.
2. Already tried refreshing "Host Routing Table."
3. Was told by my carrier's tech support to ask corporate IT to "update service books" for BES. As far as I know, the company does not manage Gmail accounts. They use an Exchange server.
4. Tech support also indicated this is strange and first uninstalled the Gmail account from their end (didn't remove the Gmail account from BES's list of "Activated Accounts"), took BES off of my account temporarily to reactivate it (did not take Gmail off), advised me not to sync contacts/calendar from my Gmail on my phone (which worked fine before on my recent Torch 9800), and ultimately told me they would not assist further unless I contacted corporate IT to make them "update service books" for their BES.
5. Oddly, I can login to the gmail account in question via the web but my Windows Live Mail, which had the account configured properly now asks for a new password, when the password has not been changed. Perhaps there is some connection to this Gmail listed as a BES "Activated Account" and its use on IMAP?