Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Glowing trackpad?

Does anyone know of a company or website that can convert the trackpad on the 9810 to a glowing trackpad like all the other 7 devices have? What made me think of this is I came across a company that makes the apple logo glow on the back of the iPhone through a mod, and i was thinking maybe there was something like that for our 9810's....anyone?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

buy the 9900 one. it fits
    don't know if its gonna light up though
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    PM me

i would think it comes down to needing the logic board to send power to the light. might not be able.
    follow my switch from iOS to BlackBerry: http://canadianthomas.wordpress.com/
    CrackBerry Genius

Here are some snaps I took of a prototype 9810 demo unit in one store before I bought my phone. Try to find one if you could.. It looks really awesome..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by llllBULLSEYE View Post
    buy the 9900 one. it fits
    don't know if its gonna light up though
    It does not fits, does not work, and does not glow.

I bought one from truesupplier a while back thinking it would be just an easy swap out, not the case. The trackpad is slightly smaller and the end of the flex cable(plug end) is smaller and does not fit into the clip properly. If you search around this section you will see I have already tried it. Suppose you could buy the flex cable clip end and unsolder it from the board and solder the new one on, but I have yet to see one available anywhere.

FYI, if anyone has need for a cheap 9900 trackpad, PM me.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,036 Global Posts
    PIN
    Not gonna happen

Quote Originally Posted by nfsw View Post
    Here are some snaps I took of a prototype 9810 demo unit in one store before I bought my phone. Try to find one if you could.. It looks really awesome..

Click to view quoted image

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Wow and how?
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by emirozmen View Post
    Wow and how?
    That was a prototype unit and it was running OS 6.1 which we never had officially. Here is a snap of it.

I was really amazed when I saw that glowing trackpad and thought that RIM started putting it on new lots but as homer said it was impossible when he tried to do so. Hats off to homer who tried that..

But, I really wondered why RIM didn’t tried to do this to 9810 ?? why only 9810 left out ?? too much inventory of old trackpads ??

Its not that it makes any difference but it looks really nice n cool
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    650 Global Posts

That's really odd they had the glowing pad in the 9810 prototype but took it away in production!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28196DAA

Looks nice. Little things I had not noticed before now I want one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    927 Global Posts
    PIN

Will a torch 9860 trackpad be compatible with the torch?
    CrackBerry User

sinze and connector are identical from 9860 to 9810, Who try?
    Angelo
    CrackBerry Genius

Quote Originally Posted by dannyrose View Post
    sinze and connector are identical from 9860 to 9810, Who try?
    Just had a look at the 9860 trackpad on a supplier website. Again the plug end is identical to the 99xx series. IT WILL NOT WORK ON THE 9810. Plug is smaller and the pins are on the topside, whereas the pins are on the underside for the 9810.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->