Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Request Only- Send me an email or PM!
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Unhappy Error Code 102, fixed, but now a new problem.

Hello,
    Yesterday I received Error Code 102.* I tried to reset it, and it kept appearing.
    I went to the website the error code specified, and then it told me to reload my device software.
    It backed everything beforehand, but the backup was overwritten!* This happened as soon as I connected the Torch again to my computer after the Device Software was reinstalled.
    But- I seem to have a few things missing.
    BlackBerry Protect, which held all my contacts, was uninstalled.* It directed me to a link, but when I clicked "Download", the webpage responded with "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry Protect".* Huh?
    Also, Documents to Go Pro is not installed.* I happened to like this program and it is a disappointment that it is no longer here.
    Thirdly, under "Media", there is an app called "Music Store."* I had never seen this before (I live in Canada, I think that's why), so I opened it.* It responded with "Amazon MP3 Music Store has been disabled by your system administrator."
    So, if anybody could help me, that would be MUCH appreciated.
    Thanks!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

I think I just need a different Device Software version...
    Help anybody?
    CrackBerry Genius

BB protect is now baked into the OS, Docs to go is also part of the OS although you can uninstall both(or not install) when loading an OS. If you reload your OS and don't uncheck anything when the box to tell it what to load comes up, you should be fine, or better yet scroll down the list and make sure it says Docs to go and BB protect will be installed along with the system OS.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    nicocolton (09-09-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by homer1475 View Post
    BB protect is now baked into the OS, Docs to go is also part of the OS although you can uninstall both(or not install) when loading an OS. If you reload your OS and don't uncheck anything when the box to tell it what to load comes up, you should be fine, or better yet scroll down the list and make sure it says Docs to go and BB protect will be installed along with the system OS.
    I'll try that.
    I'll get back to you if it works.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

This is the screen when I go to reload the software, is that what I should be looking at? I don't see an option to install Documents to Go or BB Protect anywhere.
    Error Code 102, fixed, but now a new problem.-screenshot.jpg
    CrackBerry Genius

Hmm.. your using Desktop manager to install the OS. I personally have never used that for loading OS's. I always have used loader.exe found in the RIM folder.(C:Program files(x86 if on a 64 bit system)/Common Files/Research In Motion/Apploader). Using this method it gives you the option to load whatever you want.

Also if your using DM instead of reloading the OS, you can go to the applications tab and it should give you the option to reload those parts that are missing. FYI it will always say there is an update to the core OS(even if there isn't) files when using the applications tab.
    Cell Phone History:
    Motorola Bag phone > Motorola Star Tac gen1 > Motorola Star Tac gen 2 > Motorola Razr > BlackBerry Pearl > Iphone gen1 > BlackBerry Curve > BlackBerry Torch > BlackBerry Torch II > BlackBerry Bold 9900 > BlackBerry Z10 > PassPort

If you think my post helped you, please click the "Thanks" button over there!! -->
    Thanked by:
    nicocolton (09-09-2011) 
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    PIN
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Wow! Thanks so much. I don't have to reload it now, you saved me a trip to Rogers!
    I did not think to look there...
    The only thing puzzling me now is why Amazon MP3 Store (Disabled by System Admin) is there, but when I first got the 9810 it was not installed at all.
    CrackBerry Genius

I'm guessing it was something pushed to your device from rogers. There is a lot of crap like that that are just place cards for downloads that are pushed to your device from your carrier. Unfortunately there is no way to uninstall these "place cards", easiest thing to do is make a new folder called "junk"(or whatever you want to call it), place all that crap in there and hide the folder. Been doing this method on all my BB's since my old pearl days.
    Cell Phone History: