CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default did a restore from two weeks ago, but can't get the past two weeks' emails

i did a search, but can't get to the bottom of this. i just did a restore on my phone from 2 weeks ago. when i go to my email inbox, the newest message is from 2 weeks ago - it won't "re" receive all of the emails since then (which are still on the server - i use gmail).

i tried "reconcile now" and resent service books to help force it, but no dice.

any suggestions? this is driving me nuts. thanks a lot,

brian
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

PIN
    What's that?

You can't.

It's how BlackBerry email works, it won't download emails from the past.
    CrackBerry Genius

Did you use outlook or bb protect? Or perhaps you can get them from your email server...
    “The true victory of Nichiren Buddhism is found in transforming misunderstanding into understanding, conflict into trust, and division into unity through the power of the Mystic Law.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda, SGI-USA President
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by cntrydncr223 View Post
    Did you use outlook or bb protect? Or perhaps you can get them from your email server...
    i use gmail, so everything is still on the server. i do use outlook to access it as well though (but i don't think that has anything to do with it??).

i use BB protect, but not to do full backups (my contacts and calendar sync wirelessly with gmail, and my notes and tasks sync when i connect with desktop manager once a week).

it's not a huge deal. i only keep emails on my BB for two weeks anyways, so the problem will take care of itself soon enough! but with that said...if anyone has any other ideas, feel free to send them my way.

thanks,

brian
    CrackBerry Genius

I must have misunderstood, sorry. I thought you were trying to restore your email, not re-receive them. As stated by ridesno159, you won't be albe to receive them as new again. You can, however, forward them all to yourself, and they'll be back on your device.

I use DM to restore my email, contacts, etc., from Outlook. When I do a restore, it restores everything to the point at which I restored. Did it not do that for you?

If your last/chosen backup was 2 weeks ago, and you restore today, you'll only get the suff up until the point of backup (which was 2 weeks ago).

Or am I missing the point?
    “The true victory of Nichiren Buddhism is found in transforming misunderstanding into understanding, conflict into trust, and division into unity through the power of the Mystic Law.” ~ Daisaku Ikeda, SGI-USA President
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'd like to know how you restored your phone, I really need to as I upgraded BBM 7 which is not working at all and I'm not able to downgrade BBM 6 so I think restoring would be a nice idea.