Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Current Blackberry Trade-Up program

A number of people have posted about this in other threads - I thought it was worth it's own thread.

The BB Trade-Up program (run by TheWirelessSource.com) supposedly offers up to $170 in rebate for 9800s if you trade up to a new device.

However, the Trade-Up webpage on blackberry.com does not list any of the new devices - including the 9810 - as an upgrade device. The program details states "Rebate applies if a qualifying new device is purchased".

So the question is does a 9810 purchase qualify for the rebate? A couple of us have emailed the program - no response.

Has anyone already done this and received their refund? Or at least received confirmation that the 9800 does qualify?
    Z10 - 10.2.1.2947/2229 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    6,452 Global Posts

AT&T has a program through a third party vendor that will buy back certain models. They telll you the max that they are willing to pay. Actual payment depends on the device condition.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,535 Global Posts
    PIN
    Ask me

I've always found that you usually get more money selling it yourself. But sometimes it easier and not worth the hassle if you can get an amount your happy with.
    "In God we trust....all others we investigate".

"Get yourself a Glock and lose that nickel plated sissy pistol".
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thanks to all who responded - I am happy to report that I did receieve an email back from TheWirelessSource who confirmed that they are paying $170 for 9800s in good working condition.
    Z10 - 10.2.1.2947/2229 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

You can easily get $100 more than that on eBay.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com