Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jeffh
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,398 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default crunchSMS help

I just downloaded crunchSMS and I really like it except for I am having two problems that I couldn't find help for on the crunchsms.com website and they wont respond to my emails. I am hoping someone here can help.

Problem # 1 is I cant send text messages to a group. I can do it through the stock sms app, but what a pain to go back and forth, plus it wont thread the messages when I receive responses if I do it that way. So can I send group texts via crunchsms?

Problem # 2 is I receive mms just fine but not contact cards. Can crunchsms not receive contact cards?

Anyone who might can help with these two things that would be awesome!

I have always used the stock app, but the crunchsms app is so much more visually appealing!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    15,147 Global Posts

I've used crunchSMS for years and really like the app. I haven't found any way to send texts to a group using it. I just checked the FAQ and didn't see it asked as a question. When you email them, be sure to put Not FAQ in your subject line.
    FAQ does not help me
    Please email us again at help@crunchsms.com.
    You must put the subject as "NOT FAQ" otherwise you'll just get the auto-reply message again!
    Deanig_12 likes this.
    CrackBerry Addict

I have used CrunchSMS for years as well and felt it was more useable than the native app until recently. Now that I used text a lot on my PlayBook via Bridge to my phone it is a little annoying because I get messages into both programs.

To answer your question about contact card, I have not tried that. I wonder if it is basically an image. Have you made the changes so you can recieve MMS? Try that and send a message to yourself to see if it helps.

CrunchSMS was really active months ago. In fact we were getting updates so frequently (several a week) that it was almost like spam and very annoying. I even deleted it for awhile. I suspect when BB10 drops there will be no need for the program.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,398 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I can receive mms - well at least I can receive pictures, I haven't tried to receive any videos yet. A contact card is sent as a .vcf file as opposed to an image.

I am new to crunchSMS. I got bored one day and looked at apps and somehow stumbled across it. Nothing wrong with the stock SMS app, crunchSMS was merely more visually appealing.

So I suppose I just have to decide if I want visually appealing but not complete or boring and complete - LOL

Thanks for the responses!