Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By Thunderbuck
  • 1 Post By 91300zx
  • 3 Post By newcollector
  • 1 Post By billsterjito
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Copying my videos/photos from old Media Card to New Media Card!

I've just bought a new media card because my other one was full. I have transfered all my photos to my laptop but i've got a few videos that i want to copy to my new media card.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to copy/transfer videos from my old Media Card to my new one?
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

If your videos are on the old media card, then sync them to your computer. Put your new media card into your phone and either drag and drop the videos and pictures you want or sync them through Desktop Manager.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.3.1.1151
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    Lisa-Marie (02-20-2013) 

Global Posts
    6,560 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B6927F7

Or, even quicker, if you've got an SD reader on your computer, and an microSD to full-SD adapter, you can just take the old card, slip it in your computer, attach your phone via USB, and drag and drop from the old card to the new one.
    “Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

--Mark Twain
    go1ndr and freddysrevng3 like this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I don't have any adapter, this all sounds so complicated lol, but i will try.

Thankyou for your help!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN

If you transferred everything to your laptop its just as easy. Place the media card in the phone then connect it to the laptop with a usb cable. Then just drag and drop the videos into the video directory.
    MBL! = Much Berry Love
    Thanked by:
    Lisa-Marie (02-20-2013) 
    Emmanuel Malho likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to do this. I have connected to Blackberry Desktop Manager it says Connected but next to that it says unavailable. The i click Media Manager and it comes up with a message that says 'Internal Error Occured During Initialization'.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

You can do this without Desktop Manager. Just plug your phone into your computer and on the phone select sync option from the pop up. Once you do a pop up will occur on your computer and it will ask you to "open device to view the files using windows explorer". This will pop up a window that gives you a "device" or "media Card" option. Open media card and select the "blackberry" folder. Look for a pictures folder. Now open your computer picture file. Reduce the pop up so you can drag and drop from your phone picture folder to your computer picture folder. Or you can left click your phone's picture folder. Select copy. Then go to your computer's picture folder and right click and select paste. All done. Unplug your phone and put in your new media card, replug it and reverse the process.
    Last edited by newcollector; 02-18-2013 at 04:35 PM.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    Lisa-Marie (02-20-2013) 
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Thankyou i've finally managed to work the thing. Thanks to everyone for helping a stupid person out haha
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Default Re: Copying my videos/photos from old Media Card to New Media Card!

We are not helping out a "stupid person". We are helping out a fellow Crackberrian who is smart enough to ask for help to resolve an issue. I tend to think "stupid" people are those who don't ask for help and just vent their frustration on here and shout that their phone is junk or worthless and that the people at BlackBerry are morons because their phone is having some issues.

Anytime you want to know how or why about your phone, feel free to ask. The people on this forum are very willing to help.
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (02-22-2013) 
    CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    BB10QNX

I agree 100%. Also good tips for others in this post. Keep up the good questions and answers. These forums have made my Z10 experience much smoother. Thanks to all who participate.

CB10 App, Z10
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,556 Global Posts

Lisa Marie, I agree with Newcollector and billsterjito! No question is stupid on here and there will be a time-probably in the not too distant future, when you will be the one helping someone else with these problems. If that is your desire as it is most of the posters on here, you should consider putting a file folder on your PC and putting shortcuts into it for any of these posts that have solutions to problems. That way you can have at your finger tips, the answers to many of the questions asked.
    Re: the transfering of info from or to, your computer and back and forth to your phone's sd card or interal drive is a simple as drag and drop. Just remember that if/when you plug in your phonein to your PC-- WITHOUT the DM being open--and you click on the phone's screen where it says USB, it will open up your phone's 2 drives on your PC screen. These storage drives are nothing more than another drive on your PC or the same as a SD flash card. You can open up either of the drives (internal 9810 or media card drive) and drag anything you want from your pc to the card or drive--just like you would do if you were moving something to a flashdrive. Pictures, emails, word docs, pdfs, etc. You can also drag files back and forth from one drive to another in your phone--i.e. internal to media card. Ultimately, your 9810 is actually a great computer that just happens to be a phone as well! LOL! Welcome the forums and thanks for being part of our family!