CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Contacts not syncing :(

Im using BIS, and my contacts are from my gMail account. For some reason my updated contacts are not syncing, its working fine with my iPhone and android. How do i manually force it to run a sync to update?

Thanks in advance
    CrackBerry User

You shouldn't have to force, just check on the setup of that gmail account that you have contact sync enabled. It should happen soon.
    CrackBerry User

Not working for me either. I don't access gmail from my computer very often and recently discovered that my contacts have not been syncing for some time. How can I export contacts from blackberry to merge in gmail?
    CrackBerry Newbie

just checked mine and it seems to be the same. a couple of new contacts i added to my iphone havent synced to my torch. this is rather frustrating

anyone know what could be the issue? i dont really want to have to reset data and resync....
    CrackBerry User

About the exporting... If you're using Advance OS & LED you can back them up in a .csv file. GMail will take in that file.
    Watch for duplicates if sync gets working though.
    CrackBerry Newbie

ugh, its just gonna be a pain having to manually enter new contacts. i travel between two countries quite frequently, so i use my iPhone in one country and my torch in the other....if it dosent sync its a problem
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by kumesb View Post
    ugh, its just gonna be a pain having to manually enter new contacts. i travel between two countries quite frequently, so i use my iPhone in one country and my torch in the other....if it dosent sync its a problem
    kumesb, the process of using adv led & OS to back up contacts and load them up through GMail takes about 5 minutes.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Emmanuel Malho View Post
    kumesb, the process of using adv led & OS to back up contacts and load them up through GMail takes about 5 minutes.
    im quite new to blackberry, possible to explain that process? Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Check Advance OS & LED: BlackBerry World - Advance OS and LED
    It has a tab where you can export your contacts to a .csv. Once you get that file, head to your GMail account (in a PC).
    In the contacts section, you can import from a .csv file; you'll just have to select the file you've created with Advance OS & LED and your contacts will be in your google account.

Watch out for duplicates though - while the .csv will contain all contacts from your BB, you might already have them on your google account. Use the merge command in your google account (PC) to clean that up.