Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

I'm currently using it as a base, high temps are the temps that reach 40, 41 Degrees celcius. Currently mine is sitting at around 31 degrees. Granted its a hot day but with other OS such as the .714 uk one, it will be around 25degrees celcius on such a hot day. This one seems to have similar temps however as a base it seems better. running it with berrylicious v2 hybrid since last night.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me. :)

Thumbs up

I'm using BL Return v2.0.0 with this as the base. Day 2. Not bad at all, but, not expecting anything major on the second day. I'll use it unless I see something newer "available" after a week. Reportedly, there are a few hybrids out there that are not posted for the public. LOL.
    Yes, Anger Management does work. 5th time is the charm. / BB10 OS Archives
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Hmmm... i wonder where they could be hiding...
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN

Shrugs. Probably not hiding. Most are busy and never get around to releasing or may have moved on to other platforms. Especially, when you have numerous hybrids come out at one time that are already good. It is easy for a few good hybrids to get overlooked or not get posted- publicly
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts

I'll see if I can post Eta Prime some time 2mrw....
    OSBB member. Thanks BlkScorp!

Happy Holidays!!!

Follow my Star Wars fan channel C0007096C

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by 2:
    Blacklatino (11-27-2012),  go1ndr (11-27-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #56  

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post

I'll see if I can post Eta Prime some time 2mrw....
    Thanks Mecca! Hopefully with directions for those who have never installed a hybrid-
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    Thanks Mecca! Hopefully with directions for those who have never installed a hybrid-
    I'm sort of against anyone installing a hybrid, that has not done the proper research. BUT...what I always do, in my hybrid threads, is fully support my builds, so there's no chance of bricking your phone.

Happy Holidays!!!

"I'd rather you view me as an 'Elitist' than an 'Entitlist', means I'm a proactive DOER than a proactive complainer" - Mecca
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (11-27-2012) 
    Blacklatino and go1ndr like this.

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN

Default Cincinnati Bell has released .746 for 9810

Quote Originally Posted by Mecca EL View Post
    I'm sort of against anyone installing a hybrid, that has not done the proper research. BUT...what I always do, in my hybrid threads, is fully support my builds, so there's no chance of bricking your phone.
    True. Besides, It's always good to issue a disclaimer for newbies that want to "reinvent the wheel". LOL. I guess I can keep my 9810 for awhile longer.

Sent from my sexxy azz BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Mecca EL and go1ndr like this.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #59  

Quote Originally Posted by Blacklatino View Post
    True. Besides, It's always good to issue a disclaimer for newbies that want to "reinvent the wheel". LOL. I guess I can keep my 9810 for awhile longer.

Sent from my sexxy azz BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Guess I'm a newbe again--sigh LOL

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN

Guess I'm a newbe again--sigh LOL
    LOL. Not at all. But, I have seen a lot of new ppl start to upgrade.... then have the "uh-oh" moment and then start trying to research the "how to" as an after thought.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

LOL. Not at all. But, I have seen a lot of new ppl start to upgrade.... then have the "uh-oh" moment and then start trying to research the "how to" as an after thought.

So True! I remember when I first tried an upgrade and was afraid to do it until someone--oh yeah, think it was you or Mecca--said "go for it" on here, and I couldn't say no then-LOL! Now, years later, I'm looking everyday for something new-lol! Still haven't done a hybrid yet, but soon, like maybe this weekend! Have a good evening buddy!
    Last edited by go1ndr; 11-27-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: typo
    Blacklatino likes this.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

I'm presuming no hotspot on this build for AT&T users without getting the activation message? I'm still sticking to .378 for that very reason. This is the longest I've ever gone by far without upgrading. I don't appear to be missing out on anything as far as I can see.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    I'm presuming no hotspot on this build for AT&T users without getting the activation message? I'm still sticking to .378 for that very reason. This is the longest I've ever gone by far without upgrading. I don't appear to be missing out on anything as far as I can see.
    Nope....no mobile hotspot. As far as the build and whether you are missing out by not upgrading since you're still on .378.....probably not.

JMHO.
    Personally, I gave up a looong time ago trying to persuade members to upgrade if they are skeptical. I also remember newbies demanding (yep....demanding) a list of all the changes prior to upgrading to a leaked OS after I had sent them a link to certain beta OS back in the day on here and other sites. IMO, that is a little overkill. So, I persuade ppl "not" to do an upgrade. Same with hybrids and I enjoy trying a new OS or hybrid. Been a OS beta-junkie for a long time. While others may want documentation as to every specific detail to convince them to upgrade the OS.......but, have a hard time following simple directives to upgrade/downgrade. So, I gave that up with my 8310. What I will say is the best way to find out about an OS on "your" device is to upgrade for yourself and if you truly don't like it or think it sucks......well, you already know what you have when downgrading.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 11-28-2012 at 11:57 AM.

Global Posts
    35,359 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Amen TimBL®!

The change log should read:
    "Works better for some, worse for others"
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    Mecca EL and BoldAlways like this.
    CrackBerry Master

I gave up a looong time ago trying to persuade members to upgrade if they are skeptical. I also remember newbies demanding (yep....demanding) a list of all the changes prior to upgrading to a leaked OS after I had sent them a link to certain beta OS back in the day on here and other sites. IMO, that a little overkill. So, I persuade ppl "not" to do upgrade. Same with hybrids, I enjoy trying a new OS or hybrid. Been a OS beta-junkie for a long time. While others may want documentation as to every specific detail to convince them to upgrade the OS.......but, have a hard time following simple directives to upgrade/downgrade. So, I gave that up with my 8310. What I will say is the best way to find out about an OS on "your" device is to upgrade for yourself and if you truly don't like it or think it sucks......well, you already know what you have when downgrading.
    True. Plus one on that though...
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    5,940 Global Posts

With you all the way, BL. I've pretty much always just upgraded just because I liked upgrading. No need for knowing any changes, I'd just presumed it was as good or better, and if it wasn't, downgrade we go. But I loves me the hotspot, so that's put an end to regular upgrading for me.
    BB 950, BB 6280, BB 7290, BB 8800, BB 9000, BB 9800, BB 9810, Galaxy Note II
    PlayBook 64GB Google Nexus 10
    Galaxy Gear

BlackBerry user since 2001 . . . until 2013
    Blacklatino likes this.

Global Posts
    10,446 Global Posts
    PIN

Quote Originally Posted by JasW View Post
    With you all the way, BL. I've pretty much always just upgraded just because I liked upgrading. No need for knowing any changes, I'd just presumed it was as good or better, and if it wasn't, downgrade we go. But I loves me the hotspot, so that's put an end to regular upgrading for me.
    Yeah, the hotspot put an end to a lot of members upgrading.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #68  

Agreed! If I ever used the hotspot feature, I'd would have stayed with .378 as it truely was flawless. But I never used it (HotSpot) and I like upgrading so like others, that is why I have. I do think that the newer .694 and .746 builds are a little faster on browsing and opening up apps/attachments. One issue that I loved with .378 was not having to see the dreaded hoursglass--which came back with the later builds--though not as often I admit. That said, I've never deleted the .378 download as one never knows, does one?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts

Eta Prime is in the hybrid section...

Happy Holidays!!!

Thanked by:
    go1ndr (11-28-2012) 
    go1ndr likes this.

Global Posts
    9,217 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

So is it conclusive that this 746 works with AT&T bad areas?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 powered by BerryLicio.US
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #71  

Quote Originally Posted by zocster View Post
    So is it conclusive that this 746 works with AT&T bad areas?

Zocster-seems to be ok in a lot of the known "bad" areas from the comments on here. Using these comments vs: Don_Henry's list of bad cities, so far-so good! i know that Dallas is good per someone, as is Phily (known bad city) and several others. I haven't traveled much since I put this build on but I've been watching everyday to see what is being said as I will be soon. With AT&T being part of the greater Bell family and vise-versa, it may be that the cods are the same so we won't see any other problems. Got my fingers crossed as this seems to be a stable build.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #72  

PS: Got to love the hat! Tis the season Great profile pic!

Global Posts
    9,217 Global Posts
    PIN
    2AD743B7

Cool

Vecharo also confirmed that this seems to be true for 9900 also

Thanks!

Zocster-seems to be ok in a lot of the known "bad" areas from the comments on here. Using these comments vs: Don_Henry's list of bad cities, so far-so good! i know that Dallas is good per someone, as is Phily (known bad city) and several others. I haven't traveled much since I put this build on but I've been watching everyday to see what is being said as I will be soon. With AT&T being part of the greater Bell family and vise-versa, it may be that the cods are the same so we won't see any other problems. Got my fingers crossed as this seems to be a stable build.

CrackBerry User

Hello. So can anyone tell me what is new in .746 ?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #75  

Quote Originally Posted by radu_dobre View Post
    Hello. So can anyone tell me what is new in .746 ?
    Depends on what you are upgrading from. If your coming from 7.0-tons of new stuff like for one, the advanced systems including the battery device analyzer. If you coming from any 7.1 again a lot, depending on what build you have. From .694 to .746 (newest builds)-not a lot other than maybe a little faster browser and opening apps and (and this is a big AND) no mic issues like they had with the .4xx and .5xx builds.
    Probably the biggest reason to upgrade if you feel it necessary, would be that the current build (OS) you have on your phone is having issues. Other than that--as several of us say on here-if it ain't broke, don't fix it! On the other hand (lol), if you like having the newest and greatest, then you like me, are on here all the time looking for upgrades or hybrids that we can try out. All kidding aside-the new .746 is an awesome build and I highly recommend it. If you are looking for the free hotspot, you'll have to stick with the best one out there for that--7.1.378 from Mobilicity. None of the rest off it. Good luck!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123