12-05-12 01:48 PM
- Cincinnati Bell has released this OS: 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL22.214.171.1246_A126.96.36.199 46_Cincinnati_Bell_Inc.exe
This is an official release per the website. Has anyone tried this Cincinnati Bell download for .746 yet?
Being "Bell" it may not have the mic issues for those of us that are AT&T! Curious if anyone has downloaded it as opposed to the release from UTS? Can anyone using the "Bell" release, please respond.
PS: posted a similar question on the .746 UTI thread-so apologize for duel posts and questions.11-12-12 06:39 PM
- go1ndr, remember that the only difference between an official OS release from one carrier to another is the vendor.xml file. The only difference between a leak and an official OS release is carrier approval. If the number is the same; it is the same.11-13-12 06:20 AM
DUH! Thanks for bringing me back to reality guys! I knew that, but it never clicked, so indeed I must be getting senile in my old age! Still the mere thought that it is coming from Cinci Bell as opposed to some out of country carrier-seems-well-better-I think.
Have either of you heard any rambling in your other posts regarding this version and if the mic problems remain for AT&T customers?
Thanks- Go1ndr11-13-12 05:05 PM
- Thanks Don_Henry (BTW-hope you are doing well). I would like to know that as well, since like you, I am on AT&T. Even though it works fine in all areas now, (since I have the latest .694 AT&T release), that would be expected and normal since its AT&T.
My concern like others is that if I move to the .746 build, and since I have to travel a lot in Dec , I want to make sure the old mic issues that plagued everyone from .378 up don't rear their ugly heads once again. I was hoping you would jump on this thread as I know you did a huge amount of investigation for all of us on the earlier 4xx and up builds with these problems. Thanks for your input! Go11-14-12 04:40 PM
- This is the Cincinnati Bell link address: let us know how it goes and thanks!
Blackberry Torch 9810 version 188.8.131.526 (184.108.40.2068) officially released today by Cincinnati Bell Inc..11-15-12 03:58 PM
- FYI This version (Cincinnati Bell) is newer (date) than the UTS version and from what I was told this morning, it is a much better build of this version. I got this info from a Guru on here that I really respect so it may be worth your while if you are going to upgrade to .746, to use this version.11-16-12 01:39 PM
- FYI This version (Cincinnati Bell) is newer (date) than the UTS version and from what I was told this morning, it is a much better build of this version. I got this info from a Guru on here that I really respect so it may be worth your while if you are going to upgrade to .746, to use this version.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk11-16-12 04:03 PM
- 11-16-12 04:14 PM
- Hey Don_Henry! Check your private messages. Sent you one on this subject today. I haven't heard but Mecca said this is a very good build and I trust him (like I do you) and his knowledge. He's running it and said it's much better. Are you running it and if so, any issues here in So CA? Mecca said that Dallas, TX is good with no problems so that is one that is good--and important to me as I'm going to be there over the holidays. Downloading the upgrade now and may do it before I leave the office today. Waiting to hear from you on the message-LOL11-16-12 06:17 PM
- Hey Don_Henry! Check your private messages. Sent you one on this subject today. I haven't heard but Mecca said this is a very good build and I trust him (like I do you) and his knowledge. He's running it and said it's much better. Are you running it and if so, any issues here in So CA? Mecca said that Dallas, TX is good with no problems so that is one that is good--and important to me as I'm going to be there over the holidays. Downloading the upgrade now and may do it before I leave the office today. Waiting to hear from you on the message-LOL
I wouldn't expect to see any mic problems in Dallas - if you check the OP page of my "Mic issues on 7.1" thread, you will see that Dallas has always been listed as a "good city" - so I expect that .746 would run just fine there . . .11-16-12 07:10 PM
BTW where in So CA are you? I'm in Ventura. Back shortly!11-16-12 07:33 PM
- 11-16-12 07:37 PM
- Downloaded the Cincinnati Bell .746 and there is a flashing yellow light that won't stop. I just deleted Advanced OS as I thought it may be that app that is causing it and it's rebooting as we speak. Honest to God Don_Henry--the older .378 seemed to be the best yet. .694 had a non-stop hourglass coming up everytime you downloaded something or rebooted it. I won't hit send until I see if the light is still on once the battery pull finishes--stay tuned.
BTW where in So CA are you? I'm in Ventura. Back shortly!
PS: still shows the H+/3G as apposed to the 4G that is on most non-bell phones--still no biggie as it is just an icon.11-16-12 07:45 PM
- Update: 746 seems solid so far though just updated it. Blinking light gone by deleting Advanced OS--no biggie as I didn't use it much. Thought I had my Application resourse monitor license key written down but guess I didn't so now I'll have to contact them to get it. Will keep you posted as to how it works on my phone--do you have it on yours?
PS: still shows the H+/3G as apposed to the 4G that is on most non-bell phones--still no biggie as it is just an icon.
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk11-16-12 09:12 PM
- Hey-did you have to cut and paste codes, etc.? Not sure I can handle that-lol! I know Mecca has some awesome builds. I'm out near Coronia a lot on way to the desert. Know that area well.
Update 10:30pm: .746 is a Total battery hog! Working on discovering why now.
Last edited by go1ndr; 11-17-12 at 12:42 AM.11-16-12 10:44 PM
The Berrylicious hybrids are easy to use:
1) Install str8 ATT .694 on your PC
2) Copy the cod files from the BL java mix and paste them into the str8 java folder in the .694 on your PC
3) Wipe your BB using BBSAK
4) Install the hybrid OS using loader.exe
That's it - very easy - and they are KILLER BUILDS in every way!!
Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk11-17-12 09:11 AM
- Good to know! I'm going to give this build a run to see how it goes and then may download your build. Now that its settled down a little, it seems to be pretty solid. The battery drain concerned me but after disabling my blue tooth connection for the night, and a few battery pulls, it seems to be good. Battery drain now is only .34/hr after a full charge last night and low usage this morning. Everything else seems faster and better. Might need really good instructions and help from you when hybrid time comes-LOL11-17-12 11:31 AM
Mecca has my utmost respect. I'll verify and post if there are any differences between this 746 and the stuck one later today.11-18-12 08:50 AM
- By andy957 in forum BlackBerry Torch 9810Replies: 11Last Post: 03-19-12, 07:41 PM
- By HorizonXP in forum Storm OS DiscussionReplies: 80Last Post: 07-12-09, 10:31 PM
- By tramer in forum Other US CarriersReplies: 2Last Post: 02-16-09, 07:05 PM
- By Spinny in forum News & RumorsReplies: 5Last Post: 12-14-08, 08:38 PM
- By dvshl in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 2Last Post: 09-21-08, 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD