Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Cincinnati Bell has released .746 for 9810

Cincinnati Bell has released this OS: 9810jAllLang_PBr7.1.0_rel2108_PL5.1.0.546_A7.1.0.7 46_Cincinnati_Bell_Inc.exe
    This is an official release per the website. Has anyone tried this Cincinnati Bell download for .746 yet?
    Being "Bell" it may not have the mic issues for those of us that are AT&T! Curious if anyone has downloaded it as opposed to the release from UTS? Can anyone using the "Bell" release, please respond.
    Thank you!
    Go1ndr
    PS: posted a similar question on the .746 UTI thread-so apologize for duel posts and questions.

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Default Re: Cincinnati Bell has released .746 for 9810

Same version # = same OS.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN
    Safety or stick?

Default Re: Cincinnati Bell has released .746 for 9810

go1ndr, remember that the only difference between an official OS release from one carrier to another is the vendor.xml file. The only difference between a leak and an official OS release is carrier approval. If the number is the same; it is the same.
    Torch 9800, 9810, STL 100-3 Z10, 10.2.1.2141
    Blackberry Playbook 32gb
    Thanked by:
    go1ndr (11-13-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

BigBadWulf/Newcollector!
    DUH! Thanks for bringing me back to reality guys! I knew that, but it never clicked, so indeed I must be getting senile in my old age! Still the mere thought that it is coming from Cinci Bell as opposed to some out of country carrier-seems-well-better-I think.
    Have either of you heard any rambling in your other posts regarding this version and if the mic problems remain for AT&T customers?
    Thanks- Go1ndr

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

No mic issue on the 9810 I upgraded recently.

Z/Q Warrior °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° `°•.¸¸.•° Born to ™ °•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•°` `°•.¸¸.•° Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Thanks BigBadWulf! Much appreciated!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    341 Global Posts

.746 seems to be pretty solid OS overall, awesome built with good battery life, Definitely give it a go.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by BigBadWulf View Post
    Hey Wulf,

What city do you live in? The mic problem is only in certain areas of the country.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    Z10 with 10.2.1.1925 - work and personal
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Thanks Don_Henry (BTW-hope you are doing well). I would like to know that as well, since like you, I am on AT&T. Even though it works fine in all areas now, (since I have the latest .694 AT&T release), that would be expected and normal since its AT&T.
    My concern like others is that if I move to the .746 build, and since I have to travel a lot in Dec , I want to make sure the old mic issues that plagued everyone from .378 up don't rear their ugly heads once again. I was hoping you would jump on this thread as I know you did a huge amount of investigation for all of us on the earlier 4xx and up builds with these problems. Thanks for your input! Go
    CrackBerry Abuser

Can you provide download link, please.

I need the all language version badly

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

This is the Cincinnati Bell link address: let us know how it goes and thanks!

Blackberry Torch 9810 version 7.1.0.746 (7.1.0.2108) officially released today by Cincinnati Bell Inc..
    Thanked by:
    mtint (11-16-2012) 
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  

FYI This version (Cincinnati Bell) is newer (date) than the UTS version and from what I was told this morning, it is a much better build of this version. I got this info from a Guru on here that I really respect so it may be worth your while if you are going to upgrade to .746, to use this version.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by go1ndr View Post
    FYI This version (Cincinnati Bell) is newer (date) than the UTS version and from what I was told this morning, it is a much better build of this version. I got this info from a Guru on here that I really respect so it may be worth your while if you are going to upgrade to .746, to use this version.
    Hey go1ndr - have you heard from anyone who is located in a "bad city" if this build has the mic issue?

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Henry View Post
    Hey go1ndr - have you heard from anyone who is located in a "bad city" if this build has the mic issue?

Hey Don_Henry! Check your private messages. Sent you one on this subject today. I haven't heard but Mecca said this is a very good build and I trust him (like I do you) and his knowledge. He's running it and said it's much better. Are you running it and if so, any issues here in So CA? Mecca said that Dallas, TX is good with no problems so that is one that is good--and important to me as I'm going to be there over the holidays. Downloading the upgrade now and may do it before I leave the office today. Waiting to hear from you on the message-LOL
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey Don_Henry! Check your private messages. Sent you one on this subject today. I haven't heard but Mecca said this is a very good build and I trust him (like I do you) and his knowledge. He's running it and said it's much better. Are you running it and if so, any issues here in So CA? Mecca said that Dallas, TX is good with no problems so that is one that is good--and important to me as I'm going to be there over the holidays. Downloading the upgrade now and may do it before I leave the office today. Waiting to hear from you on the message-LOL
    Hey go1ndr: I can read my PM inbox from CB device client, but can't figure out how to reply - and on the new website from my PC, I can't even see how to get to PMS - if you can steer me to that, I can answer your PM . . .
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey again, go1ndr,

I wouldn't expect to see any mic problems in Dallas - if you check the OP page of my "Mic issues on 7.1" thread, you will see that Dallas has always been listed as a "good city" - so I expect that .746 would run just fine there . . .
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #17  

Hey again, go1ndr,

I wouldn't expect to see any mic problems in Dallas - if you check the OP page of my "Mic issues on 7.1" thread, you will see that Dallas has always been listed as a "good city" - so I expect that .746 would run just fine there . . .
    Downloaded the Cincinnati Bell .746 and there is a flashing yellow light that won't stop. I just deleted Advanced OS as I thought it may be that app that is causing it and it's rebooting as we speak. Honest to God Don_Henry--the older .378 seemed to be the best yet. .694 had a non-stop hourglass coming up everytime you downloaded something or rebooted it. I won't hit send until I see if the light is still on once the battery pull finishes--stay tuned.
    BTW where in So CA are you? I'm in Ventura. Back shortly!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Hey go1ndr: I can read my PM inbox from CB device client, but can't figure out how to reply - and on the new website from my PC, I can't even see how to get to PMS - if you can steer me to that, I can answer your PM . . .
    On CB I click on my profile pic at the top when it shows a message and then I go to inbox>message and click on it. You then drill down like you do on this page and answer the message like I'm doing here (only its a PM). Make sure and check the box below to keep a copy of the sent file, and you should be good to go.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Downloaded the Cincinnati Bell .746 and there is a flashing yellow light that won't stop. I just deleted Advanced OS as I thought it may be that app that is causing it and it's rebooting as we speak. Honest to God Don_Henry--the older .378 seemed to be the best yet. .694 had a non-stop hourglass coming up everytime you downloaded something or rebooted it. I won't hit send until I see if the light is still on once the battery pull finishes--stay tuned.
    Update: 746 seems solid so far though just updated it. Blinking light gone by deleting Advanced OS--no biggie as I didn't use it much. Thought I had my Application resourse monitor license key written down but guess I didn't so now I'll have to contact them to get it. Will keep you posted as to how it works on my phone--do you have it on yours?
    PS: still shows the H+/3G as apposed to the 4G that is on most non-bell phones--still no biggie as it is just an icon.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Update: 746 seems solid so far though just updated it. Blinking light gone by deleting Advanced OS--no biggie as I didn't use it much. Thought I had my Application resourse monitor license key written down but guess I didn't so now I'll have to contact them to get it. Will keep you posted as to how it works on my phone--do you have it on yours?
    PS: still shows the H+/3G as apposed to the 4G that is on most non-bell phones--still no biggie as it is just an icon.
    Thanks for the PM instructions! I am running Berrylicious ATT Special V4 - contains a number of .714 and .746 cods, but it runs on .694 base so there are no mic problems. And it is a KILLER BUILD - no lag, no freezes, lightning fast UI, best battery performance I have ever seen - it is, I believe, the best OS I have ever run.

CrackBerry Abuser

I am in Corona - I know Ventura very well - very nice part of SoCal

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #22  

Hey-did you have to cut and paste codes, etc.? Not sure I can handle that-lol! I know Mecca has some awesome builds. I'm out near Coronia a lot on way to the desert. Know that area well.
    Update 10:30pm: .746 is a Total battery hog! Working on discovering why now.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 11-17-2012 at 12:42 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Hey-did you have to cut and paste codes, etc.? Not sure I can handle that-lol! I know Mecca has some awesome builds. I'm out near Coronia a lot on way to the desert. Know that area well.
    Update 10:30pm: .746 is a Total battery hog! Working on discovering why now.
    I agree about Mecca's works - I have run several of them and they are awesome - but because they don't run on .694 sfi, they have the mic problem in "bad cities".

The Berrylicious hybrids are easy to use:

1) Install str8 ATT .694 on your PC
    2) Copy the cod files from the BL java mix and paste them into the str8 java folder in the .694 on your PC
    3) Wipe your BB using BBSAK
    4) Install the hybrid OS using loader.exe

That's it - very easy - and they are KILLER BUILDS in every way!!

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #24  

Good to know! I'm going to give this build a run to see how it goes and then may download your build. Now that its settled down a little, it seems to be pretty solid. The battery drain concerned me but after disabling my blue tooth connection for the night, and a few battery pulls, it seems to be good. Battery drain now is only .34/hr after a full charge last night and low usage this morning. Everything else seems faster and better. Might need really good instructions and help from you when hybrid time comes-LOL

Global Posts
    35,122 Global Posts
    PIN

Hey Wulf,

What city do you live in? The mic problem is only in certain areas of the country.

Chicago

Mecca has my utmost respect. I'll verify and post if there are any differences between this 746 and the stuck one later today.

Thanked by:
    Mecca EL (11-20-2012) 
    Mecca EL likes this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast