Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    28F16304
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Changing brightness using engineering screen?

Is is possible to change the brightness levels via engineering screen? I'm at Lvl 0% and it way brighter then my wife Bold 9900 at the same level.

If It's possible and I attempt this, is there room for possible error or it is a very good way to brick the device?

Sent from my BlackBerry
    BB Torch 9810 (Rogers)
    BB PlayBook 16 GB OS 2.0
    CrackBerry Abuser

yes it's possible. you need to adjust the light sensor which is responsible for telling the device how to adjust the screen brightness.
    OS Engineering Screens - Light Sensor -
    check your "display zone" (should be something like Office or Dim,...your current zone )
    click on it and you get to a screen where you can adjust lower and upper brightness as well as min visible blightness. i got mine set to like 100 for the Dim zone.
    Easier for my eyes when i read news in bed and the light is turned off
    hurry up, we're dreaming!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,509 Global Posts

Be careful when messing around with Engineering Screens as you can screw one of them up very easily and a bricked phone is no fun . Even the pros/Devs are very carefully and recommend not changing the settings if you don't know exactly what you are doing. Just a thought derived from the many horror stories on here re: engineering screen mess ups.

I would read and reread this thread (link below-probably the best on here) regarding the possible can of worms you could open up. Once you make a change there is no going back so read this first before starting. Its from 2010 but its still the basics. How to Hack your Blackberry (Access Engineering Screen)

I'm just offering some sound reasoning and certainly not telling anyone what to do, so please don't take this the wrong way--just make sure before you make a change. Good Luck and keep us posted.
    Last edited by go1ndr; 01-07-2013 at 03:46 PM. Reason: additional info