CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Can't get GMail Calendar to sync

I recently upgraded my 9810 to 7.1.0.794, but ever since the update I have not been able to get my GMail Calendar to sync. I know people have been reporting issues syncing multiple calendars ever since Google Sync support ended, but I only have one calendar on my account, and it worked fine before the update, even though Sync support was dropped before that (and I never had to use the Google Sync app anyways, it worked just by adding the email account and checking Calendar under Synchronization Options).

Now, when I go into the email setup, it asks for my GMail password to start calendar synchronization. After entering the password, I get this message: "Your device encountered a problem with this application's server. Select OK and repeat the action to try again." I have ensured that Calendar is checked off under Synchronization Options, and trying again only yields the same error. Is it possible that Google has dropped single calendar support too, or is something wrong on my end?
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)

How long ago did you update? I updated to a newer version of the BL Ultimate Hybrid about 10 days ago, and had no issues getting mine to sync. Have you tried re-sending your service books?

We're even in the same geographic area and with Telus. Howdy, neighbour.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,954 Global Posts

I was having some issues with Gmail and google calendar. Something was wrong with my sync. I called my carrier but they ended up patching me through to blackberry support. BB support got me running again. But I had to delete and re add my accounts and they did something on their end as well. Your problem might not be that serious but the BB guy said he had to reset things because my sync had stopped working. This was about ten days ago.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,781 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar.cm View Post
    How long ago did you update? I updated to a newer version of the BL Ultimate Hybrid about 10 days ago, and had no issues getting mine to sync. Have you tried re-sending your service books?

We're even in the same geographic area and with Telus. Howdy, neighbour.
    Didn't think about that earlier, but I just tried resending service books - the same error appears upon re-entering the Email Setup and the calendar is still not syncing. I updated on the 16th (9 days ago).

Quote Originally Posted by D_March View Post
    I was having some issues with Gmail and google calendar. Something was wrong with my sync. I called my carrier but they ended up patching me through to blackberry support. BB support got me running again. But I had to delete and re add my accounts and they did something on their end as well. Your problem might not be that serious but the BB guy said he had to reset things because my sync had stopped working. This was about ten days ago.
    If worst comes to worst, I'll give support a call. My mail is syncing flawlessly however, it's just the calendar that refuses to work.
    Z30 (10.2.1.2947) | PlayBook 32GB (2.1.0.1753) | Lumia 1020 (WP8.1 Dev Preview, Lumia Black) | Nexus 4 (Android 4.4.2)