CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default camera won't work :(

When I open my camera says " Could not start the camera.Close other applications and try opening the camera again"
    Please help
    CrackBerry Newbie

i have a BB bold and when i try to take a picture it says this....could not start the camera. Closer all other applications and try opening the cmaera again..... well i have absolutly no applications open when it says that.... i am a little frustrated and i don't want a poor opinnion on black berry already! please help me!
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,052 Global Posts

Default Re: camera won't work :(

sounds like an app added and deleted may have taken a file or 2. you may need to do a wipe and reload of the operating system.
    twitter: @eve6er69_chris
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,407 Global Posts

I agree with ever6er69! Usually when that happens, it is either a deleted cod file or code or a corrupted one. A reload of your OS is in order. Make sure and back up your device with BB DM completely and copy your 3rd party license codes on your media card just to be safe. I'd use BBSAK to wipe it or BBHTools (both free from the web) and reload with the AppLoader/Loader.exe program. Actaully the Apploader will wipe the phone as it does it automatically but, I like using BBSAK or BBHTools. With BBHTools, you have a shortcut for Vendelete on it that will save you the trouble of hunting down the pesky Vendor.xml files and it will show you what OS you have currently ready to load. Make sure and go to your control panel on your PC and Uninstall any and all OLD OS's that you have on there. Go to the start button and click on control panel and then Programs and Features or whatever the name is depending on what Window's version you are using. You should only have the current OS you are going to load saved on your PC. It's easy to do, so now worries and your camera should be back and running great! Good luck!
    PS: if you need step by step instructions on how to upgrade to a new OS, let us know and we will help you with instructions.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default did not work

hi i followed your instructions and wipe the phone and restore d os but d camera still did not work
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Ask if you want it

Maybe then its a hardware issue rather than a software issue. Try take it to a repairing center to hear what they'll say.
    BBM Channel: C000F811E

Blog: http://phlykid.tumblr.com

What doesn't kill you could very well injure you. Also, its morally wrong to allow naive end users to keep their money